Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 309084 times)

a_pupil

• Getbig V
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #1100 on: October 14, 2017, 10:49:15 AM »
the battle between the dothraki/daenerys vs the lannisters is the one of the best scenes ever imo.

though i felt the pacing was off on season 7, it still gave some awesome moments. comparing it to the wire and sopranos last seasons, it has held up much better, despite them being constrained for some reason.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1101 on: February 03, 2019, 06:27:23 PM »

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1102 on: February 05, 2019, 11:09:02 AM »
Still have not found a single reason to watch this crap.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1103 on: February 05, 2019, 11:14:05 AM »
Still have not found a single reason to watch this crap.

Other than it being a great show with action, blood, tits and a good storyline?
Y

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1104 on: February 05, 2019, 11:23:22 AM »
Other than it being a great show with action, blood, tits and a good storyline?

For some?  Sure.  For me?  Nope.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1105 on: February 05, 2019, 11:54:25 AM »
For some?  Sure.  For me?  Nope.

I thought you didn't watch it?

Or did you watch a few and couldn't get into it?
Y

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1106 on: February 05, 2019, 12:10:22 PM »
I thought you didn't watch it?

Or did you watch a few and couldn't get into it?

I tried watching one episode (I may have made it 5 minutes) but could not get into it.  Kinda like I tried watching "Stranger Things" and in spite of Winona Ryder (whom I find attractive) I could not get past the first episode.  Admittedly, I made it further with "Stranger Things" than I did with GoT. I just couldn't stand GoT.   

Lots of people enjoy it, so that's not to say it's not a good show, just not for me.  Especially the whole midget thing.  Not a fan of midgies, LOL!.  It's the same with that show "Spartacus" or any other series on Rome or the like.  I don't have any desire to view debauchery on any level and I'm told Spartacus was full of it.  For me, I prefer films such as "Gladiator" and the original "Ben Hur". 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1107 on: February 05, 2019, 01:40:53 PM »
I tried watching one episode (I may have made it 5 minutes) but could not get into it.  Kinda like I tried watching "Stranger Things" and in spite of Winona Ryder (whom I find attractive) I could not get past the first episode.  Admittedly, I made it further with "Stranger Things" than I did with GoT. I just couldn't stand GoT.   

Lots of people enjoy it, so that's not to say it's not a good show, just not for me.  Especially the whole midget thing.  Not a fan of midgies, LOL!.  It's the same with that show "Spartacus" or any other series on Rome or the like.  I don't have any desire to view debauchery on any level and I'm told Spartacus was full of it.  For me, I prefer films such as "Gladiator" and the original "Ben Hur". 

All subjective sure.

But 5 min.....that's a pretty small sample.
Y

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1108 on: February 05, 2019, 03:07:07 PM »
the battle between the dothraki/daenerys vs the lannisters is the one of the best scenes ever imo.

though i felt the pacing was off on season 7, it still gave some awesome moments. comparing it to the wire and sopranos last seasons, it has held up much better, despite them being constrained for some reason.

i thought it was kind of weak.   miguel sapochnik did hardhome and battle of the bastard along with cersei blowing up the sept.  he will be directing 3 and 5 in season 8 so the action set pieces will be legendary with 2x the budget.  i'm dying to see the 12000 unsullied form a phalanx in front of winterfell and battle the whytes  

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1109 on: February 05, 2019, 03:46:50 PM »
All subjective sure.

But 5 min.....that's a pretty small sample.

I honestly did not like it at all.  I gave it more of a chance than something like "My Two Ton Wife" or whatever the fuck that white trash reality show about the really fat folk is called.  I refuse to watch stuff like  that for even a few seconds.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1110 on: February 09, 2019, 11:37:09 AM »
The immensely strong and wonderfully kind Hafthór “Thor” Björnsson aka The Mountain from Game of Thrones quite humorously offered to carry strangers around in a large front facing baby carrier as a show of his immense strength in an amusing ad for the Norwegian grocery company Kolonial. Thor took an outspoken elder woman to feed the ducks, while a man in a suit asked to be dropped off at home.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1111 on: March 05, 2019, 06:25:28 PM »
Game of Thrones | Season 8 | Official Trailer

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #1112 on: March 05, 2019, 06:48:39 PM »
Game of Thrones | Season 8 | Official Trailer

As I suspected, Battle of Qohor 2.0

Team Unsullied!

Team Miguel Sapochnik

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1113 on: March 06, 2019, 04:43:31 AM »
Team White Walkers!
Q

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1114 on: March 06, 2019, 05:27:33 AM »
It lost its magic for great storytelling a few seasons ago. It's a bit dumbed down now and it's getting by on good action sequences.

Still looking forward to it immensely and any spinoffs/prequels.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1115 on: March 06, 2019, 05:55:07 AM »
It lost its magic for great storytelling a few seasons ago. It's a bit dumbed down now and it's getting by on good action sequences.

Still looking forward to it immensely and any spinoffs/prequels.

It split off from the books a few seasons back.

I'm reading the books now, on book 4, and some things in the series are done better, obviously a lot more streamlined but they have done a great job in keeping the best and most important parts of the story.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #1116 on: March 07, 2019, 05:37:45 AM »

I'm reading the books now, on book 4, and some things in the series are done better, obviously a lot more streamlined but they have done a great job in keeping the best and most important parts of the story.

The 2 best directors weren't available for season 7, so it was a 75% hack job. Nutter and Spochnik are gold for episodes 1-5.  If there is going to be a hack job, it will be D and D in the finale.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1117 on: March 11, 2019, 08:28:19 PM »
Inside Game of Thrones: A Story in Prosthetics – BTS

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1118 on: March 12, 2019, 11:29:49 AM »
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1119 on: April 03, 2019, 02:59:42 AM »
Q

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1120 on: April 03, 2019, 05:54:53 PM »
HBO shuts down Iron Throne access in Queens after fans bombard Fort Totten resulting in 7-hour waits to see it

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/ny-hbo-shuts-down-iron-throne-queens-20190401-bnmzpxwkzjb75e2deg24ipxhgu-story.html?utm_source=kw&kwp_0=1184484&kwp_4=3788235&kwp_1=1581530&fbclid=IwAR3a8sesGAhxuw89SdIghrrRNXY8lcgTUaKw_vvGxce6apP9yR2TCl95Qhc

Like an army of Dothraki warriors, so many “Game of Thrones” fans descended on Fort Totten in Queens that HBO was forced to prematurely shut down access to the Iron Throne replica it placed there two days in a row.

The throne, one of six hidden around the world by the cable network to promote the upcoming eighth and last season of the hit fantasy series, was first discovered Thursday by a die-hard Queens fan. HBO vowed that the seat would stay there through Monday night at 7 p.m. so that other wannabe kings and queens could pose for shots there — but they didn’t anticipate the crowds and insane wait times.

The line was closed Monday at 1:30 p.m., more than five hours before it was supposed to, due to long waits. “They closed the line earlier today due to the overwhelming amount of people that showed up,” an HBO rep told the Daily News.

On Sunday, it was the same deal. “There was a 7-hour wait time yesterday and to ensure that everyone in line was able to make it to the throne, we shut down the line,” a different HBO rep said.

Furious fans who traveled long distances for a glimpse only to be turned away begged for more time.

“You guys should extend the event through next weekend,” Alexandra Eide tweeted at the official “Game of Thrones” account. “Went all the way to Fort Totten only to be turned away. Such a disappointment.”

Another fan tweeted Sunday, “My friends and I drove 6 HOURS leaving our house at 345 a.m. to get to see the throne and it’s shut down!...We got there at 945 a.m. to be turned away and watch other people get to leave and come back as long as they left I.D.”

HBO told The News that there are no plans to extend the throne’s stay in New York.

The replica was placed in the fort located in the Bay Terrace neighborhood of northern Queens as part of its Quest For The Throne promotion. The other five thrones were found in England, Sweden, Brazil, Spain and Canada as part of the global scavenger hunt.

Melanie Joaquin, 22, suspected the final throne would be hidden at the fort before HBO even posted its hint Thursday morning on the show’s Twitter account.

“If you just look at it, it looks like ‘Game of Thrones’ should be shot there,” Joaquin told the Daily News. “Movies and TV shows film there all the time. Once you see it, you don’t really forget it. I was just surprised that I got there first.”

Once HBO posted an image of the throne’s hiding spot in Fort Totten, Joaquin headed there as fast as she could and snuck through a fence to get to it before anyone else.

“I knew exactly where it was because every year the park has a haunted house and it’s in that battery,” Joaquin, a shared-office-space manager, said. “The battery is basically where all the cannons were held and it’s really creepy and it’s one of those places in New York City that you never forget. You can see spots in the wall that have cannonball dents.”

“Game of Thrones” returns April 14 for six final episodes. On the show, the person who sits on the Iron Throne rules over the Seven Kingdoms in the fictional continent of Westeros.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #1121 on: April 03, 2019, 07:52:12 PM »
Team Cersei!

I hated that bitch in the beginning, but after the revenge she extracted against Ellaria Sand and then blowing up the Sept,...   that cold hearted calculating bitch has my vote now.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1122 on: April 03, 2019, 08:21:22 PM »
HBO shuts down Iron Throne access in Queens after fans bombard Fort Totten resulting in 7-hour waits to see it

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/ny-hbo-shuts-down-iron-throne-queens-20190401-bnmzpxwkzjb75e2deg24ipxhgu-story.html?utm_source=kw&kwp_0=1184484&kwp_4=3788235&kwp_1=1581530&fbclid=IwAR3a8sesGAhxuw89SdIghrrRNXY8lcgTUaKw_vvGxce6apP9yR2TCl95Qhc

Like an army of Dothraki warriors, so many “Game of Thrones” fans descended on Fort Totten in Queens that HBO was forced to prematurely shut down access to the Iron Throne replica it placed there two days in a row.

The throne, one of six hidden around the world by the cable network to promote the upcoming eighth and last season of the hit fantasy series, was first discovered Thursday by a die-hard Queens fan. HBO vowed that the seat would stay there through Monday night at 7 p.m. so that other wannabe kings and queens could pose for shots there — but they didn’t anticipate the crowds and insane wait times.

The line was closed Monday at 1:30 p.m., more than five hours before it was supposed to, due to long waits. “They closed the line earlier today due to the overwhelming amount of people that showed up,” an HBO rep told the Daily News.

On Sunday, it was the same deal. “There was a 7-hour wait time yesterday and to ensure that everyone in line was able to make it to the throne, we shut down the line,” a different HBO rep said.

Furious fans who traveled long distances for a glimpse only to be turned away begged for more time.

“You guys should extend the event through next weekend,” Alexandra Eide tweeted at the official “Game of Thrones” account. “Went all the way to Fort Totten only to be turned away. Such a disappointment.”

Another fan tweeted Sunday, “My friends and I drove 6 HOURS leaving our house at 345 a.m. to get to see the throne and it’s shut down!...We got there at 945 a.m. to be turned away and watch other people get to leave and come back as long as they left I.D.”

HBO told The News that there are no plans to extend the throne’s stay in New York.

The replica was placed in the fort located in the Bay Terrace neighborhood of northern Queens as part of its Quest For The Throne promotion. The other five thrones were found in England, Sweden, Brazil, Spain and Canada as part of the global scavenger hunt.

Melanie Joaquin, 22, suspected the final throne would be hidden at the fort before HBO even posted its hint Thursday morning on the show’s Twitter account.

“If you just look at it, it looks like ‘Game of Thrones’ should be shot there,” Joaquin told the Daily News. “Movies and TV shows film there all the time. Once you see it, you don’t really forget it. I was just surprised that I got there first.”

Once HBO posted an image of the throne’s hiding spot in Fort Totten, Joaquin headed there as fast as she could and snuck through a fence to get to it before anyone else.

“I knew exactly where it was because every year the park has a haunted house and it’s in that battery,” Joaquin, a shared-office-space manager, said. “The battery is basically where all the cannons were held and it’s really creepy and it’s one of those places in New York City that you never forget. You can see spots in the wall that have cannonball dents.”

“Game of Thrones” returns April 14 for six final episodes. On the show, the person who sits on the Iron Throne rules over the Seven Kingdoms in the fictional continent of Westeros.

Unfortunately when she dies her eyes will open blue instead of the blue clothing.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1123 on: April 04, 2019, 05:31:35 AM »

Rewatched season 7 and you're right, they did a pretty good job with. But the beyond the wall bit with Jon and his crew trapped by the Night King, and rescued by Daen and her dragons was a mess. They almost jumped the shark there and given that this is fantasy, that takes some doing!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1124 on: April 12, 2019, 09:33:29 PM »