Author Topic: I am back! Dialysis cant keep me down!  (Read 44996 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: I am back! Dialysis cant keep me down!
« Reply #200 on: March 30, 2014, 01:08:03 PM »
It's a very strange western thing to not have respect for the dead (of course it doesn't speak for all, but this kind of sentiment is more widespread in the west than in the east). I've been living here for 10+ years and the callousness of some people still shocks me.

I'm a westerner and it shocks me too.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2014, 01:10:22 PM »
It's a very strange western thing to not have respect for the dead (of course it doesn't speak for all, but this kind of sentiment is more widespread in the west than in the east). I've been living here for 10+ years and the callousness of some people still shocks me.

Haider, please provide a reason as to why we should respect the dead. Just saying we should respect the dead does not mean we should.
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: March 30, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »

Haider, please provide a reason as to why we should respect the dead. Just saying we should respect the dead does not mean we should.

Because it is good form.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #203 on: March 30, 2014, 01:14:50 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2014, 01:16:13 PM »
Why?

If you need to ask why, there is no point in explaining this to you. Carry on.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2014, 01:17:30 PM »

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2014, 01:20:33 PM »
Sorry, but I think that's a rationalization for poor behavior.

Nobody cares what your or your pedophile 'allah' thinks. Now fuck off.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2014, 01:22:48 PM »
Nobody cares what your or your pedophile 'allah' thinks. Now fuck off.

What you mean to say is that you don't care what he or his Allah thinks. You have no way of knowing what other folks here care about.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2014, 01:25:43 PM »

Yes there is.  People should have a good reason for the way they behave.  Obviously you don't

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2014, 01:29:02 PM »
Every person should be judged by their behavior.   Denying who a person is, even after death, is being disingenuous

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2014, 01:29:56 PM »
Yes there is.  People should have a good reason for the way they behave.  Obviously you don't

I have an excellent reason for how I think; I am an evolved, civilized person and a contributing member of society. There is nothing to be gained by speaking ill of the dead. As I said, it is simply bad form.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2014, 01:32:46 PM »
I have an excellent reason for how I think; I am an evolved, civilized person and a contributing member of society. There is nothing to be gained by speaking ill of the dead. As I said, it is simply bad form.

Youre choosing to be dishonest because you feel that is whats expected of you.  Youre not being genuine and honest simply for the sake of appearance and what others might think of you. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: March 30, 2014, 01:34:16 PM »
Every person should be judged by their behavior.   Denying who a person is, even after death, is being disingenuous

One can make personal judgments about people dead or alive without resorting to uncivilized and degrading remarks about them. Derek Anthony made mistakes in life, it is very likely some of those mistakes ended up costing him his health and eventually his life. Others can learn from his mistakes. There is no harm in this.  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: March 30, 2014, 01:37:17 PM »
Youre choosing to be dishonest because you feel that is whats expected of you.  Youre not being genuine and honest simply for the sake of appearance and what others might think of you. 

This is an interesting conversation. How is it dishonest to not make denigrating remarks about dead people? I do care what some people think about me, but for the most part these people on not strangers on the internet, they are those people closest to me, like my wife and children.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #214 on: March 30, 2014, 01:37:56 PM »
One can make personal judgments about people dead or alive without resorting to uncivilized and degrading remarks about them. Derek Anthony made mistakes in life, it is very likely some of those mistakes ended up costing him his health and eventually his life. Others can learn from his mistakes. There is no harm in this.  

Sure, they can but when that person continually behaved in a degrading and uncivilized manner its perfectly acceptable to talk about it.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2014, 01:38:10 PM »

Subjective moral standards that adherents are unwilling and unable to explain rationally of peace

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: March 30, 2014, 01:39:25 PM »
Subjective moral standards that adherents are unwilling and unable to explain rationally of peace
Huh?

eldoradospandex

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #217 on: March 30, 2014, 01:42:04 PM »

It's dishonest to change your opinion of a person due to them dying

this is a board on which Derek Anthony acted like an insane knobhead
and this thread is about him
of course the comments are going to be negative

also you're like 80 years old what the fuck are you doing on the internet

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #218 on: March 30, 2014, 01:42:27 PM »
This is an interesting conversation. How is it dishonest to not make denigrating remarks about dead people? I do care what some people think about me, but for the most part these people on not strangers on the internet, they are those people closest to me, like my wife and children.

Your denying what type of person they are or were because you believe it isnt socially acceptable to do so.   Most on GB have only negative impressions of DA thus its only natural they speak ill of him.  

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #219 on: March 30, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »
Huh?

Confusion over the conjunction of an assertion about the veridicality of your moral judgments and the 'of peace' modifier of peace

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #220 on: March 30, 2014, 01:44:03 PM »
Sure, they can but when that person continually behaved in a degrading and uncivilized manner its perfectly acceptable to talk about it.

Primemuscle does what's expected from a pussy liberal. DA should've died. He had weak genes. There's enough scum and weaklings being propped up with tax payers money to shit out more weaklings. They should die too. He was never going to be productive or contributing. He might as well be dead  :-\

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: March 30, 2014, 01:44:30 PM »
Confusion over the conjunction of an assertion about the veridicality of your moral judgments and the 'of peace' modifier of peace

decent prose  8)
T

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #222 on: March 30, 2014, 01:47:47 PM »

He's an 'out and proud' 80yo pussy liberal. He's stalking oiled up midgets in thongs, what else do you think he's doing here?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: March 30, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »
Your denying what type of person they are or were because you believe it isnt socially acceptable to do so.   Most on GB have only negative impressions of DA thus its only natural they speak ill of him.  

He engaged in some "shit talking" in his videos and posts on the internet, much as many of us do at times. I am not denying that he was at times offensive. However, I had no personal negative interactions with him. I have no reason to spew hateful remarks about him.

People make mistakes. I've made them and you've probably made some too. Do you think we should only be judged by what we did wrong? There is good and bad in everyone.

Perhaps one of the most honest comments I've read here about Derek is that "he died for you bitches" because there is value in folks seeing the truth in this. Perhaps someone somewhere will think twice about trashing their kidneys just to be more muscular after seeing what it did to Derek in his short lifespan. When my wife was in dialysis these past couple of months, I'd see young people hooked up to a machine and wonder what had befallen there health. Was it something, like drugs, that was self-inflicted or just some other misfortune?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: March 30, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »

Ha, ha....I am not yet 80 years old, but I am getting there quicker than I'd like. Did I miss the memo? Is there an age limit for conversing on the internet? Seems to me, being mature and retired with lots of time to burn is a great excuse to play around on the internet. What I don't get is why a 20 year old spends endless hours posting in an internet forum, instead of getting out and living life.

My opinion of Derek has not changed. In fact, I don't really have a serious opinion about him since he was not someone I would have been friends with in life. He could be obnoxious. I generally avoid and ignore obnoxious people.