Author Topic: I am a bodybuilder now  (Read 4304 times)

BIGfuture

• Getbig II
  • keep striving
I am a bodybuilder now
« on: October 28, 2005, 07:01:47 PM »
how do i start not new to the gym at all all i know is big weight low reps automatic i used to eat and drink this how should i change to best sculpt ?
wheeew!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: im to thick
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 08:14:38 PM »
I need help ive been [trying ] to be a powerlifter for a few years and have gotten used to taking in food at will. I am 5' 9"  286lbs i have but a lot of muscle on under this fat i need to revamp so i can grace a bodybuilding stage some time in the near future 33 years old father of three and husband. help if you can i have a photo on my computer can't save to profile.  http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile.html    samaadmuha@yahoo.com

This is probably a two part question:

1. You need to add some cardio,

2. The specifics of the diet.

When it comes to the cardio, do it on off-training days. I suggest doing brisk walks, or the recumbent bike for around 30-35 minutes. Mainly doing these to speed up recovery IMO.

There are of course different options when it comes to cardio, such as the Tabata protocol and such, check the thread on top the training board, but that can be added in a few weeks, or in a month or so. With a lot of changes taking place at the same time, you should start of fairly easy with the cardio IMO.

2. When it comes to diet, I'll just give you some general recommendations.

You need to still eat carbs.

Stop eating foods that contain white sugar or fructose.

Post training is the ONLY time you need fast carbs, dextrose and maltodextrin, look for that to be included in the postworkout drink.

Lots of veggies.

No more bread. Unless it's extremely high in fiber. EXTREMELY.

change the regular pasta for whole grain pasta, do likewise with regular rice to brown rice or parboiled.

Always use the non-sugar version of foods, but be sure to check the ingredient label regardless.

Never eat in fastfood restaurants. Always bring your own food with you, if possible.

Once you've made these changes, you're going to start to get harder. Because you're probably getting a lot of junk calories from shit food.

Also, it would be good if any of you amreekans on this board could recommend a good GI book available in USA. I think BIGf could have use for an understanding of the basics of how the glycemic loading works.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

BIGf

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 08:29:25 PM »
Thanks thats a start i will make this a life style keep it coming

BIGfuture

• Getbig II
  • keep striving
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 08:33:57 PM »
Thanks thats a start i will make this a life style keep it coming
wheeew!

240 or bust

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 07:09:31 AM »
you'll look great at a very lean 235.

also, cool prison ink!

BIGfuture

• Getbig II
  • keep striving
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 07:22:54 PM »
 Thanks but haven't gone to the pen just a little youthful rebellion . On the tats how will they hurt me in this realm.

heres some pics of my other love no i don't fight then
wheeew!

240 or bust

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 11:00:25 PM »
Hardcore purists will tell you tats will hurt your placings.

Hot chicks will tell you that you can hit it, based upon the tats.

loler

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 09:09:56 AM »
youre black and got black ink
after the tanning, fake tan and oils, nobody will see ur tats
peace

BIGfuture

• Getbig II
  • keep striving
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 10:23:16 AM »
Man this forum is a  GOD send their are no true iron freaks where i am thanks guys.
should i focus on building while im leaning out or is that possible? ??? i don't want to lose any muscle if i can keep from it .
wheeew!

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 11:34:16 AM »
you cant build muscle while burning fat, you will lose some muscle when dieting down, just dont drop your calories too much or too quickly and start off slow with the cardio to avoid as much muscle loss as possible.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 11:49:57 AM »
Chain yourself to your dogs then scare a few rabbits.. that should increase your cardio.  You should revamp your diet and increase your cardio.  You already have the underlying muscle, but until you are lean you will not know what you need to improve. 

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 02:57:32 PM »
you cant build muscle while burning fat,

i have reeqatedly heard this said.......but i was wonderiing if this was true for everyone, or just seasoned veterans with tons of muscle already. because when i started training, i was extremely soft at about 258...and like 5'8''... and fron training, i have lost about 25-30 lbs., but every exercise has shot through the rooof, and have (seemingly) grown a ton....   
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 06:24:53 AM »
i have reeqatedly heard this said.......but i was wonderiing if this was true for everyone, or just seasoned veterans with tons of muscle already. because when i started training, i was extremely soft at about 258...and like 5'8''... and fron training, i have lost about 25-30 lbs., but every exercise has shot through the rooof, and have (seemingly) grown a ton....   

Sure, poundages on excersises can go up, that doesn't neccessarily mean you have more muscle.  Strength does not equal muscle. 

You always look bigger when you're leaner.  That's what I love about this.  I'm currently bulking up, 6'0 and 229 as of this a.m.  I look big, traps, chest and arms are coming up big but I know when I lean out and drop about 15lbs, I'll look even more impressive.

Steeljunky

• Getbig II
  • D's...Nuts
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 10:33:56 AM »
If you plan on gracing the bb stage plan your diet out far enough to give your skin time to shrink. I let myself get 80lbs over competition weight before and it took 22 weeks to get my skin shrunk back down. Now I try to stay only 35-40lbs over in the off season. I wish you all the luck in your endeavor towards a healthy bb lifestyle. It looks like you have alot of muscle just waiting to be "un-wrapped". Keep us all updated with progress pics.
Call me BigPapa