Author Topic: my expereince with DNP  (Read 40264 times)

undead

• Getbig II
my expereince with DNP
« on: April 25, 2012, 04:40:55 PM »
before you ask i did this as an experiment to see how i respond to the drug. i planned on taking it before my next blast to prime my ody but i wanted to know what to expect. please dont turn this into a flame war about how im going to die. id like to keep this objective and helpful.

i got some DNP caps(powder not crystal) that are supposed to be 200mg each but i have a suspiscion they might be underdosed. im also not too impressed with the fat loss. anyway here goes.

i am on my 7th day of DNP. i have 7 more to go. the first 3 days i too 1 cap at night. the next 3 days i took 1 cap in the morning and one at night. today i started taking 3 caps. one approximately every 8 hours. i will not exceed this dose.

other drugs/supps
vitamin C(3000mg)+E(1000IU)/day(antioxidnts are necessary)
200mg caffeine
8mg albuterol(2x daily)

dosages
_________
at 200mg i noticed i was sweating a bit at room temperature and sweating way more than usual while working out. i was also getting tired quicker and had to use slightly lower weight. i was also pissing a hell of a lot more and drinking more water. urine color was normal.

at 400mg, i was sweating a lot more at room temperature and even more in the gym. i had to lower the weights a bit more on heavy compounds to complete the workout but strength isnt drastically reduced except for legs. i did some light front squats instead of going too heavy(probably couldnt anyway) and had to use around 60lbs less on RDLs. i was getting tired a lot faster as well and took longer to recover from sets. i did about 30mins of low intensity cardio(for me anyway) yesterday and was drenched and dripping with sweat by the end but wasnt exhausted. however i am in very good cardiovascular shape so that probably helped. urine color was still normal. i did feel pretty lethargic for the 4th and 5th day but then i started using a bit of caffeine and albuterol and i feel better.

today i bumped it up to 600mg. now obviously it takes a couple days for the DNP to build up so im not getting the full effect of it yet but ive been sitting in a fairly cool environment for most of the day and even then ive been sweating a lot more. not as bad as when working out but still pretty wet. if im leaning my back against a wall or even sitting on the sofa my shirt will quickly get wet. im not really feeling lethargic probably because of the caffeine and albuterol but for some reason ive been feeling really hungry which is odd. im not working out today so i cant comment on poundages or intensity level but i will update it tommorow. i might do some cardio later on. im still drinking a lot of water and pissing a lot and the color is still normal.

other effects
ive been shitting a hell of a lot. every 2-3 hours. the stools are very soft and watery and come out in explosive spurts(sorry for the explicit description but its necessary to be forewarned if you use this).
i have been sleeping exceptionally well while using DNP. very deep, dreamless sleep and wake up feeling pretty good(although covered in sweat). normally im a light sleeper and have trouble falling asleep but not with this.
i wake up a couple times at night to take a piss and my mouth and throat will be very dry. i just drink a couple glasses of water and im good.

diet
_________
45-50% carbs(mostly sugary crap)
35-40% protein
10-15% fat

fat loss
_________
started off at about 199 and ~12% body fat. upper abs visible when flexed, noticable vascularity on arms, legs, and a bit on abs(weird i know).

current weight: 197. after a few days i gained a couple lbs due to the water retention so the total weight loss is probably around 4-5lbs. ive noticed some more cuts especially in my back and i think im carrying less fat around my lower back but other than that im not seeing the magical 1lb/day fatloss or the hellish inferno that youre supposed to become. im thinking this DNP may be underdosed. ill have to see how i look once i come off and the water gets flushed out.

to be fair, i dont respond tremendously well to drugs. i never really get much side effects even from stuff like tren or slin. i grow ok but other than hair loss, ive never had a problem with drugs. so it could be that its just an issue with my personal biochemistry.

questions
_________
DNP suppresses thyroid hormones and 600mg will almost completely suppress T3. i have some t3 lying around. should i start taking 25mcg/day and do you think it will cause muscle loss?

feel free to comment or ask questions but please try to keep it civil.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
Re: my expereince with DNP
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 04:55:44 PM »
DNP suppresses metabolism (i.e. body attempts to reduce metabolic energy expenditure in anyway to counteract effects of DNP), and lowers TSH. concilitator claims it doesn't lower t3 levels, but i don't know how much i believe that because i've ran dnp solo, without anything else leading up to DNP usage and i had a blood test where my TSH levels were near 0. eventually my thyroid levels would drop as well, but, at around 2-3 weeks on DNP my thyroid levels were still high, and normal, so i doubt you have to supplement t3, you'll just make your strength and lethargy worse if anything

sounds like you have real DNP and that it's dosed accurately.

the mental lethargy is the biggest side i notice. the heat is only bad on the first day but you get used to it very quickly. i also sleep much better on it as well, i can drink 2 gallons of green tea in the evening and go into deep sleep for 10 hours right after, it's real nice in that respect, especially when paired with GH.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 04:56:51 PM »
Since you only have 7 days left I doubt T3 would be of any use unless you want to run it longer than the DNP.

I'm not a fan of DNP, but you are free to talk about it as you wish.

8)

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »
actually just checked my labwork from the time i'd ran DNP and my tsh was near 0, but my t4 levels were actually much higher and out of range. i don't have a baseline to compare it to but, i really don't think t3 usage is necessary with DNP, and if more weightloss is desired then a harsher calorie deficit would be more effective in my opinion.

i've found the sweet spot about 500-750mg, with a lot of cardio and under 1500 calories. 750mg is pushing it, as i'll start to lose strength to exercise and feel hypoglycemic all the time, so i much prefer 500mg as the most "effective" dosage for weightloss when all other things are taken into consideration. maximum effective dosage for hitting metabolic ceiling with DNP is roughly around 1.5grams a day, but, at that dosage the person won't be able to do much of anything as even breathing while sleeping becomes labored and difficult.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 05:09:09 PM »
have you taken measurements of your waist? if so, how much has it shrunk?

undead

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 05:11:08 PM »
actually just checked my labwork from the time i'd run DNP and my tsh was near 0, but my t4 levels were actually much higher and out of range. i don't have a baseline to compare it to but, i really don't think t3 usage is necessary with DNP, and if more weightloss is desired than a harsher calorie deficit would be more effective in my opinion.

i've found the sweet spot about 500-750mg, with a lot of cardio and under 1500 calories. 750mg is pushing it, as i'll start to lose strength to exercise and feel hypoglycemic all the time, so i much prefer 500mg as the most "effective" dosage for weightloss when all other things are taken into consideration. maximum effective dosage for hitting metabolic ceiling with DNP is roughly around 1.5grams a day, but, at that dosage the person won't be able to do much of anything as even breathing while sleeping becomes labored and difficult.

interesting. if that is the case then ill stay away from the T3. i naturally have an extremely high metabolism so i keep calories pretty high on a cut relative to most people. if i drop the calories, should i expect to lose muscle mass or just more fat? also, where should the calories be cut from? carbs, protein, fat, or evenly from the three? i know DNP is very protein sparing but how extreme of a caloric deficit can you go?

undead

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »
have you taken measurements of your waist? if so, how much has it shrunk?

i forgot to mention that but no i havent been able to take any body measurements other than skinfold and resting heart rate for lack of proper equipment. i will do so on friday when i get home.

as far as skinfold measurements go, ive lost maybe 1mm from chest and 1mm from lower abs. keep in mind this is from handheld calipers so its not really an accurate measurement.

resting heart rate currently is 85-90 BPM. higher than usual.

i will post body measurements and blood pressure on friday.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 05:17:47 PM »
you can go flat pretty easily on DNP but losing muscle tissue is a bit harder. people misconflate the two often though because it looks the same.

if you can drop the cals and keep lifting and doing cardio you'll lose more fat. drop the calories by 2-300 at first. i usually tried to go as low on calories as i could, without feeling hypoglycemic - yes i went very flat but fat loss was faster.

i like tren more for these types of severe cuts, makes it easier in my opinion as it has better synergy with low calorie diets, and also gives more strength than test, which is needed.

macronutrients don't matter, much, but i usually ate carbs because i felt bad otherwise. going keto works better for the spring/summer since you won't get as warm. i don't think one way is more efficient than the other, whichever you feel better on is the best way

undead

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 05:20:10 PM »
you can go flat pretty easily on DNP but losing muscle tissue is a bit harder. people misconflate the two often though because it looks the same.

if you can drop the cals and keep lifting and doing cardio you'll lose more fat. drop the calories by 2-300 at first. i usually tried to go as low on calories as i could, without feeling hypoglycemic - yes i went very flat but fat loss was faster.

i like tren more for these types of severe cuts, makes it easier in my opinion.

yea im definately flatter and arms and delts look smaller as well. again i cant be sure until i take measurements but thats what im seeing in the mirror. ill drop the calories and increase cardio.

i would love to use tren or at least primo but im going to stick with test for now for the sake of my hair.

also, from what i understand, keto is not as efficient because the carbs help burn more fat. it also puts you more at risk for experiencing hypoglycemia.

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »
before you ask i did this as an experiment to see how i respond to the drug. i planned on taking it before my next blast to prime my ody but i wanted to know what to expect. please dont turn this into a flame war about how im going to die. id like to keep this objective and helpful.

i got some DNP caps(powder not crystal) that are supposed to be 200mg each but i have a suspiscion they might be underdosed. im also not too impressed with the fat loss. anyway here goes.

i am on my 7th day of DNP. i have 7 more to go. the first 3 days i too 1 cap at night. the next 3 days i took 1 cap in the morning and one at night. today i started taking 3 caps. one approximately every 8 hours. i will not exceed this dose.

other drugs/supps
vitamin C(3000mg)+E(1000IU)/day(antioxidnts are necessary)
200mg caffeine
8mg albuterol(2x daily)

dosages
_________
at 200mg i noticed i was sweating a bit at room temperature and sweating way more than usual while working out. i was also getting tired quicker and had to use slightly lower weight. i was also pissing a hell of a lot more and drinking more water. urine color was normal.

at 400mg, i was sweating a lot more at room temperature and even more in the gym. i had to lower the weights a bit more on heavy compounds to complete the workout but strength isnt drastically reduced except for legs. i did some light front squats instead of going too heavy(probably couldnt anyway) and had to use around 60lbs less on RDLs. i was getting tired a lot faster as well and took longer to recover from sets. i did about 30mins of low intensity cardio(for me anyway) yesterday and was drenched and dripping with sweat by the end but wasnt exhausted. however i am in very good cardiovascular shape so that probably helped. urine color was still normal. i did feel pretty lethargic for the 4th and 5th day but then i started using a bit of caffeine and albuterol and i feel better.

today i bumped it up to 600mg. now obviously it takes a couple days for the DNP to build up so im not getting the full effect of it yet but ive been sitting in a fairly cool environment for most of the day and even then ive been sweating a lot more. not as bad as when working out but still pretty wet. if im leaning my back against a wall or even sitting on the sofa my shirt will quickly get wet. im not really feeling lethargic probably because of the caffeine and albuterol but for some reason ive been feeling really hungry which is odd. im not working out today so i cant comment on poundages or intensity level but i will update it tommorow. i might do some cardio later on. im still drinking a lot of water and pissing a lot and the color is still normal.

other effects
ive been shitting a hell of a lot. every 2-3 hours. the stools are very soft and watery and come out in explosive spurts(sorry for the explicit description but its necessary to be forewarned if you use this).
i have been sleeping exceptionally well while using DNP. very deep, dreamless sleep and wake up feeling pretty good(although covered in sweat). normally im a light sleeper and have trouble falling asleep but not with this.
i wake up a couple times at night to take a piss and my mouth and throat will be very dry. i just drink a couple glasses of water and im good.

diet
_________
45-50% carbs(mostly sugary crap)
35-40% protein
10-15% fat

fat loss
_________
started off at about 199 and ~12% body fat. upper abs visible when flexed, noticable vascularity on arms, legs, and a bit on abs(weird i know).

current weight: 197. after a few days i gained a couple lbs due to the water retention so the total weight loss is probably around 4-5lbs. ive noticed some more cuts especially in my back and i think im carrying less fat around my lower back but other than that im not seeing the magical 1lb/day fatloss or the hellish inferno that youre supposed to become. im thinking this DNP may be underdosed. ill have to see how i look once i come off and the water gets flushed out.

to be fair, i dont respond tremendously well to drugs. i never really get much side effects even from stuff like tren or slin. i grow ok but other than hair loss, ive never had a problem with drugs. so it could be that its just an issue with my personal biochemistry.

questions
_________
DNP suppresses thyroid hormones and 600mg will almost completely suppress T3. i have some t3 lying around. should i start taking 25mcg/day and do you think it will cause muscle loss?

feel free to comment or ask questions but please try to keep it civil.

Amazing.

You write a novel detailing your drug protocol yet casually mention in one small pargraph without detail that YOU ARE EATING CRAP.

Is that smart man? Taking a poison to lose bodyfat but not eating clean with lower carbs. Again is that smart?

undead

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »
Amazing.

You write a novel detailing your drug protocol yet casually mention in one small pargraph without detail that YOU ARE EATING CRAP.

Is that smart man? Taking a poison to lose bodyfat but not eating clean with lower carbs. Again is that smart?

yes it is smart because that is what you are supposed to do when using DNP lol. the carb intake is supposed to be kept high and the type of carbs should be high GI because the nature of DNP cause the glycogen stores in the liver and muscles to be quickly depleted. this can cause hypoglycemia if stores are not kept somewhat replenished and the best way to do this is with simple sugars like sucrose, fructose, and dextrose.

i should have worded that more efficiently but i was getting lazy.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 05:55:18 PM »

yea im definately flatter and arms and delts look smaller as well. again i cant be sure until i take measurements but thats what im seeing in the mirror. ill drop the calories and increase cardio.

i would love to use tren or at least primo but im going to stick with test for now for the sake of my hair.

also, from what i understand, keto is not as efficient because the carbs help burn more fat. it also puts you more at risk for experiencing hypoglycemia.

naw, eating carbs just makes you hotter because glucose can be converted into ATP much easier and faster, while with fats it's a longer and slower process, plus fats don't pass into cells as readily as glucose does with insulin. that's the main reason carbs make you hotter, because your body has a larger upfront energy pool that it can rapidly expend to attempt to deal with the atp deficiency, while with fats their level of "absorption" through cell walls and to be used as energy is capped, effectively by l-carnitine

as far as fatloss goes, they are both equivalent, however, sugar crap, like sucrose and fructose can be counterproductive because there is a limited rate at which your liver can convert them to glucose and utilize those sugars for brain or muscle activity. so eating an abundance of carbs from "shitty carb sources" can actually make you go flat, and weaker, much more rapidly. it's happens to me when eating some real bad diets on DNP (which happens, very very frequently when i'm on DNP).

that being said, i like carbs best as well. oatmeals leaves me full for hours and it's a really good and healthy carb source. plus, it's easy to make since i get those sugar-free oatmeal packets. oats + protein and fishoil caps, is my favorite "healthy" cutting diet, granted, i never stick to it.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 05:56:54 PM »
So you are Using more carbs to counter DNP? Why not use less DNP and eat better (cleaner carbs) and get same or better results?

This logic is like a fatman eating more chocolate so the T3 can have more fat to melt...?

Because people who use DNP are lazy fucks who don't want to put down the fork or do extra cardio thats why.

Their lack of willpower is sickening

undead

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 05:58:04 PM »
So you are Using more carbs to counter DNP? Why not use less DNP and eat better (cleaner carbs) and get same or better results?

This logic is like a fatman eating more chocolate so the T3 can have more fat to melt...?

no ofcourse not. carb intake was the same throughout the dosages. when did i say i was eating more carbs?

undead

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 05:59:46 PM »
naw, eating carbs just makes you hotter because glucose can be converted into ATP much easier and faster, while with fats it's a longer and slower process, plus fats don't pass into cells as readily as glucose does with insulin. that's the main reason carbs make you hotter, because your body has a larger upfront energy pool that it can rapidly expend to attempt to deal with the atp deficiency, while with fats their level of "absorption" through cell walls and to be used as energy is capped, effectively by l-carnitine

as far as fatloss goes, they are both equivalent, however, sugar crap, like sucrose and fructose can be counterproductive because there is a limited rate at which your liver can convert them to glucose and utilize those sugars for brain or muscle activity. so eating an abundance of carbs from "shitty carb sources" can actually make you go flat, and weaker, much more rapidly. it's happens to me when eating some real bad diets on DNP (which happens, very very frequently when i'm on DNP).

that being said, i like carbs best as well. oatmeals leaves me full for hours and it's a really good and healthy carb source. plus, it's easy to make since i get those sugar-free oatmeal packets. oats + protein and fishoil caps, is my favorite "healthy" cutting diet, granted, i never stick to it.

this is new to me. everyone i talked to and read about said you need to eat higher GI carbs on DNP.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 06:00:56 PM »
Because people who use DNP are lazy fucks who don't want to put down the fork or do extra cardio thats why.

the amount of willpower it takes to do any exercise at all while on DNP is a testament to the will and dedication people actually have. i really don't agree with this, since most people don't just eat a bunch of DNP for 2 weeks and then stop lifting or exercising entirely, i've really never heard of anyone doing that.

undead

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 06:06:46 PM »

um what? re read my post bro. ive been lifting and doing cardio while on DNP. ive HAD to do less than i normally do because i have finals going on. normally when cutting i would be lifting 3 days a week and training muay thai for 2-3 hours three times a week plus some more cardio here and there. i had to stop muay thai and cut back on the training so i thought this would be a good time to try out the DNP.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 06:07:44 PM »

this is new to me. everyone i talked to and read about said you need to eat higher GI carbs on DNP.

heat doesn't necessarily translate into extra fat loss. while heat is generally a good indication of an increase in metabolic activity, and thus extra calorie expenditure, in the case of DNP and high GI carbs it's mostly just to do with the fact as i said before, that they get burned off quickly and it results in a sharper rise in body temperature.

conciliator makes some good posts about DNP, if you want to search for his name throughout forums, i forget which boards he posted on, but he dispels a lot of the rumors and hearsay. i don't really disagree with anything he says from what i remember

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »

um what? re read my post bro. ive been lifting and doing cardio while on DNP. ive HAD to do less than i normally do because i have finals going on. normally when cutting i would be lifting 3 days a week and training muay thai for 2-3 hours three times a week plus some more cardio here and there. i had to stop muay thai and cut back on the training so i thought this would be a good time to try out the DNP.

hows the brainfog? that was something that i found was pretty irritating, made it a little more difficult to think, kinda like in a permanent pseudo-hypoglycemic state regardless how many carbs i ate (well, except when i ate like 1,000)

shreddedtobones

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 06:16:30 PM »
I'm running crystal powder for 8 days now at 500mg and the heat can be sickening sometimes. I worked out this morning and drank some orange juice before going (didn't think about the heat spike) and holy shit I had to cut my workout in half I was feeling so hot and out of breath it was crazy.

I never experienced any lethargic side but my source said it puts some vitamins and other things in it to counter the lethargic sides and I guess it's working good so far.

Also, I'll never understand people saying DNP users are lazy and lack will power. I dare you to hop on 500mg ED and go on with your normal life for 2-3 weeks. I have to change my clothes 2x a day and take shower 2-3x a day because I sweat so much. DNP is just a way to reach your goals faster just like taking AAS (Let's be honest, to truly reach your genetics limit you would have to train many years with perfect diet/etc. and no one can do that).

Anyway, fat loss is definitely apparent but you look flat and the water bloat makes you feel like you actually look worst than you were but it's just a mind fuck.

undead

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
hows the brainfog? that was something that i found was pretty irritating, made it a little more difficult to think, kinda like in a permanent pseudo-hypoglycemic state regardless how many carbs i ate (well, except when i ate like 1,000)

cant really say im feeling anything of the sort. like i said ive got finals going on right now and i think im doing ok as far as studying and taking the tests goes.

undead

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 06:37:09 PM »
I'm running crystal powder for 8 days now at 500mg and the heat can be sickening sometimes. I worked out this morning and drank some orange juice before going (didn't think about the heat spike) and holy shit I had to cut my workout in half I was feeling so hot and out of breath it was crazy.

I never experienced any lethargic side but my source said it puts some vitamins and other things in it to counter the lethargic sides and I guess it's working good so far.

Also, I'll never understand people saying DNP users are lazy and lack will power. I dare you to hop on 500mg ED and go on with your normal life for 2-3 weeks. I have to change my clothes 2x a day and take shower 2-3x a day because I sweat so much. DNP is just a way to reach your goals faster just like taking AAS (Let's be honest, to truly reach your genetics limit you would have to train many years with perfect diet/etc. and no one can do that).

Anyway, fat loss is definitely apparent but you look flat and the water bloat makes you feel like you actually look worst than you were but it's just a mind fuck.

yea i can also attest to changing clothes and showering. i feel sticky all the time. its pretty annoying.

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 11:22:13 PM »
actually just checked my labwork from the time i'd ran DNP and my tsh was near 0, but my t4 levels were actually much higher and out of range. i don't have a baseline to compare it to but, i really don't think t3 usage is necessary with DNP, and if more weightloss is desired then a harsher calorie deficit would be more effective in my opinion.

If you are eating under1.5k cals and doing a lot of cardio than why do you even need DNP?

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 11:29:47 PM »
DNP isn't really ever necessary it just makes dieting faster but i wouldn't say easier because it's pretty hellish.

shreddedtobones

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 02:30:10 AM »
DNP isn't really ever necessary it just makes dieting faster but i wouldn't say easier because it's pretty hellish.

Definitely this. It's just to see results faster IMHO.