Author Topic: Did the guy in the car have a legit right to be pissed?  (Read 6413 times)

jdooly

• Getbig III
Did the guy in the car have a legit right to be pissed?
« on: April 26, 2012, 06:55:25 PM »
So as the 3 cars were stopped waiting at the stoplight, on my motorcycle,  I carefully proceeded to pass them, slowly,  to be the first one at the light so I could take off quickly (as a Getbigger, I was running late to the gym, had to hustle) and when the light turned green the guy in the car behind lays on his horn so I turn back and look at him, he's all pissed, arms up and yelling.

I ride at the speed limit, take another look to not get pwned by this tool. I figured we'd have words at the very least at the next light, but he turned off. The end.  So I didn't put anyones life at risk and It's possibly a gray area if I even broke the law (?).   Should he be pissed??  

Nirvana

• Getbig V
Re: did he have a legit right to be pissed....?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 07:02:06 PM »
motorcycles are badass

until my grandma comes over the centerline in her 93 skylark and splatters your ass all over the pavement.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 07:08:01 PM »
So as the 3 cars were stopped waiting at the stoplight, on my motorcycle,  I carefully proceeded to pass them, slowly,  to be the first one at the light so I could take off quickly (as a Getbigger, I was running late to the gym, had to hustle) and when the light turned green the guy in the car behind lays on his horn so I turn back and look at him, he's all pissed, arms up and yelling. I ride at the speed limit, take another look to not get pwned by this tool. I figured we'd have words at the very least at the next light, but he turned off. The end.  So I didn't put anyones life at risk and It's possibly a gray area if I even broke the law (?).   Should he be pissed?? 

Quick answer.....yes.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 07:10:56 PM »
Quick answer.....yes.
  why? what are my charges? 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
  why? what are my charges? 

You were out of turn....just stay in line or drive a car.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 07:19:19 PM »
Depends on were you live. Most states in the USA dont allow lane splitting. Moving to the front of the cars at a light is by far safer. Thats what they do in most countries, they even give a spot in front for bikes/scooters to go.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 07:27:14 PM »
STUNT BEAR!!!!
G

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 08:09:41 PM »

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 08:19:01 PM »
I was at customs last summer in my 63 Pontiac. No a/c top down hot as hell and a line to miles. As I get closer to going through these fucking bikers just pull up about 10 of them go straight to the front o the line I'm in and start taking turns one after another 5 cars in front of me no one said anything to them. My dads ready to start a fight .im staying calm because i don't want trouble with the border if I fuck someone up there. What happens when a guy gets on a bike? Especially a fucking loud obnoxious Harley. They think their bad as a muthafu ka!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 08:21:21 PM »
White lining or lane splitting is illegal here and yes, it would piss me off.

Bugs me every time I see "motorcycles have equal rights" and then they break the law.
:

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »
Splitting lanes is not illegal in CA.
I used to do it all the time, and yes, people get pissed about it.
I don't know why. I will actually drive a little towards the outside of the lane if I see a bike
behind me, just so they have room to split.
Bikes carry more speed on average than cars, and they take off more quickly.... why not let
them to the front?
Its that same jackass mentality that people have when they cut you off or quickly pass you
even if it gets them only one car length ahead of you.... its like they are competing, and get
offended if you take the lead from them.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 09:24:40 PM »
meh, that's nothing, you're fine. I used to pass a car even if another one was comming the other way. They will move a bit to the side and you pass through. Stupid? Absolutely, but I can't help myself when on a motorcycle.
?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »
You did nothing wrong, they're pissed cause their dumb asses are sitting in a cage and have to follow the rest of the herd. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
G

bigjim

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 10:40:54 PM »
Fucks me off big time. How would you feel if I had some tiny jap car and weaved through traffic to get to front of line. wait your turn mother fucker.

Prime

• Getbig IV
  • The force is strong in this'un
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 03:04:36 AM »
People who dont ride bikes seem to get pissy, but they fail to realise they are not on a motorbike so they are not as cool!
 ;D
[img]http://ima

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 03:11:23 AM »
the world would be a funny place if everyone had guns in the glove compartment,,,

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 04:00:01 AM »
reminds me of the stupid cvnts that cycle on the roads (i'm one of them lol)

BUT, even though they demand equal rights/room/etc on the road they can't even stop at one fkn red light.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 04:42:09 AM »
White lining or lane splitting is illegal here and yes, it would piss me off.

Bugs me every time I see "motorcycles have equal rights" and then they break the law.

Sometimes its hard enough keeping focused upon the road - other drivers, traffic lights, kids yelling in the car..

Then suddenly you have some hyper 16 year old hopped up on red bull at 7:15 am zipping thru traffic.

I don't like it one bit.  I'm an aggressive driver and I'll use my signal and change lanes if I can see an opportunity to get someplace faster.  If some kid is going 65 mph and the rest of us are changing lanes at 15 mph, we are NOT going to see his ass coming.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 05:21:13 AM »
Sometimes its hard enough keeping focused upon the road - other drivers, traffic lights, kids yelling in the car..

Then suddenly you have some hyper 16 year old hopped up on red bull at 7:15 am zipping thru traffic.

I don't like it one bit.  I'm an aggressive driver and I'll use my signal and change lanes if I can see an opportunity to get someplace faster.  If some kid is going 65 mph and the rest of us are changing lanes at 15 mph, we are NOT going to see his ass coming.

Then pay better attention asshole. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

shreddedtobones

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 05:29:58 AM »
I would get pissed too. Just wait like everyone else you're not one bit special because you're on a motorcycle.

MikMaq

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 05:33:37 AM »
Then pay better attention asshole. :)
Why? It's a little shit bike, you think I'm gonna be bothered by hitting some dick having a mid life crisis, when there are bigger fish to fry? Seriously of all the annoying drivers on the road, their the ones with the most to loose. Other shitty drivers you watch for because they can smoke you, these biker homo's are dependent on my driving decisions at all times, and nothing they do matters.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 07:05:08 AM »
Why? It's a little shit bike, you think I'm gonna be bothered by hitting some dick having a mid life crisis, when there are bigger fish to fry? Seriously of all the annoying drivers on the road, their the ones with the most to loose. Other shitty drivers you watch for because they can smoke you, these biker homo's are dependent on my driving decisions at all times, and nothing they do matters.
I see you're quite the tough guy from the safety of your cage.  :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 07:12:55 AM »
Motorcycles don't bother me doing this, but homo's on bicycles who do it should be merged into the median with bad intentions.  Grown men riding bicycles?!?  C'mon !!!!

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 07:36:15 AM »
So as the 3 cars were stopped waiting at the stoplight, on my motorcycle,  I carefully proceeded to pass them, slowly,  to be the first one at the light so I could take off quickly (as a Getbigger, I was running late to the gym, had to hustle) and when the light turned green the guy in the car behind lays on his horn so I turn back and look at him, he's all pissed, arms up and yelling. I ride at the speed limit, take another look to not get pwned by this tool. I figured we'd have words at the very least at the next light, but he turned off. The end.  So I didn't put anyones life at risk and It's possibly a gray area if I even broke the law (?).   Should he be pissed?? 

its one of the perks of riding a bike, i dont personally do it, because when i take my bikes out, im out to enjoy and im not in any rusg, so i dont need to bypasss the 3 cars in front of me to "take off sooner". however, there has been occasions where there has been terrible traffic on the highway ( had to shut down the highway for medical evacuation), in instances like those i will swearve between the standing still cars and take the first exit out