Author Topic: Suckmymuscle's Top 12 MMA Fighters Ever.  (Read 16298 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Suckmymuscle's Top 12 MMA Fighters Ever.
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2012, 03:38:03 PM »
Oh I loved Pride too.  Had some of the best matchups ever.  I also think that Pride's soft drug tests helped the fighters immensly.  Crocop, Wandy, Coleman, Rampage etc... all were 1,00000 times more aggressive in the Pride days.  Which makes Fedor's run more impressive when you think about it.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2012, 07:31:04 PM »
minotauro

suckmymuscle

« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2012, 11:42:49 AM »
minotauro

Owned by the #1 on my list 3 times...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2012, 01:27:49 PM »
  Owned by the #1 on my list 3 times...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Jon Jones owned your #2 and will soon be owning your #3.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2012, 04:56:45 PM »
Jon Jones owned your #2 and will soon be owning your #3.

That is like saying that #8 on my list could own the #4. It doesen't mean anything, really.

As for #3, if he gets inside and lends the H-bomb or puts Jones on his back on the corner of cage, it will be a long night for Bones.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2012, 06:24:03 PM »
  Anderson
  Jon

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2012, 06:09:07 AM »
 That is like saying that #8 on my list could own the #4. It doesen't mean anything, really.  As for #3, if he gets inside and lends the H-bomb or puts Jones on his back on the corner of cage, it will be a long night for Bones.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Jon "Bones" Jones lives inside the head of Suckmanmuscle's head.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2012, 06:09:50 AM »
I actually am looking forward to the day Bones is finally dethrowned.  It will be glorious for Sucky!

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2012, 07:19:53 AM »
 That is like saying that #8 on my list could own the #4. It doesen't mean anything, really.

As for #3, if he gets inside and lends the H-bomb or puts Jones on his back on the corner of cage, it will be a long night for Bones.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Good luck with that...Jones is going to use the front kick and his reach to keep Hendo back on his heels, Hendo's going to gas by the end of round 2 and be out of there via KO or stoppage by mid round 3.  I would much rather see Hendo fight Silva again...I think it's a far better match up for him even if he does struggle a bit to make the cut.   At his age....Jones is just too much for Hendo...

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2012, 07:21:13 AM »

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2012, 07:28:09 AM »
You forgot Fred Ettish, Joe Son, Art Jimmerson, Telia Tuli and Scott Morris.

chess315

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2012, 06:05:32 PM »
And how many titles has Rizzo won? LOL you see how flawed your logic is? Randy won when it counted and was a champion in 2 different weight divisions multiple times. Rizzo always lost at the big dance and thus is no where near the list.
randy coutour based on shear amount of top level of his era fighters imo should be there no one has a great record that has fought as much as he has and considering he fought late in life also.

chess315

« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2012, 06:09:53 PM »
 1. Fedor(31 consecutive wins against opponents who averaged 35 lbs more than him, and PRIDE HW champion for years. Most well-rounded, adaptable and technically flawless fighter ever. One of the gods of MMA. Only MMA fighter ever to carry the Olympic torch for his country.)

2. Shogun Rua(1 of only 2 fighters to ever hold belts on both PRIDE and the UFC, and he beat the other man who did. Winner of the 2005 PRIDE Grand Prix, where he faced and defeated HWs as a LHW)

3. Dan Henderson(winner of 2 belts in PRIDE on 2 different weight classes, and one of the fighters who consistently maintained one of the highest winning rates over 15 years of career)

4. Frank Shamrock

5. Igor Vovchanchyn(won over 100 MMA fights against significantly larger opponents with only 10 losses, and had the highest unbeaten streak in MMA history with 37 consecutive wins)

6. Royce Gracie(winner of 3 of the first 4 UFCs in a time when there were no weight limits. One of the gods of MMA)

7. Vitor Belfort(winner of 2 UFC belts in different weight classes. Most wins by KO in first round of any fighter in MMA history . One of the most explosive and devastating strikers in the history of MMA.

8. 'Page(1 of only 2 men to ever win belts in both PRIDE and the UFC)

9. Wanderlei Silva(PRIDE middle-weight champion for years with a record of 22 consecutive wins and ranked as #1 P4P fighter for eight years. Together with Fedor, the most popular and well-known MMA fighter ever.)

10. Kazuchi Sakuraba(consistently ranked in the top #3 P4P list for a whole decade. Beat all the Gracies except for Rickson)

11. Anderson Silva(UFC record with 13 consecutive wins and 9 title defenses. I would have ranked him higher except that he is in one of the weakest divisions in the UFC)

12. Jeremy Horn(89 wins against consistenly good competition. Only been KOd once)

I would like to make clarifications. You might be asking where is Jones and GSP on my list. Well, I decided to exclude GSP because his division is pretty weak, and because he never finishes anyone. He is the epitome of the decision fighter. I do not like fighters like this.

As for Jones, it not that hard being great when you are 6'5 beating up on 5'11 guys. Also, he is only 24 years old and has been fighting professionally for only 3 years. When he moves to HW and dominates like he is doing the LHW division, then I will move him up to top 3 ever.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Kazuchi Sakuraba prolly the most underated fighter ever. Possibly the best p4p fighter that ever lived he was fighting well below weight limits and he beat a lot of good fighters also. Carlos newton,gracie ( although imo is not that great) quinton jackson which his resume dont sound that impressive but considering he beat a lot of people at 185 -190

suckmymuscle

« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2012, 06:18:41 PM »
  It is amazing the lack of respect that this CockTrain(Coltrane) turd has for the great heroes of PRIDE and everything they have accomplished in this sport. The guy has absolutely no respect, no sense of history, no decorum, no nothing. He just regurgitates whatever flavor of the moment Dana tells him to like the zombified Zuffa moron that he is. Even when it comes to UFC, he has no appreciation for pre-Zuffa era and their greats like Royce, Shamrock and Vitor.

This vile and putrid individual has to contaminate every MMA thread I post in with Dana White parroting and Greg Jackson cockulotry. He celebrates as "great" glorified semi-good BJJ grapplers like Mir who pretend to be MMA fighters, professional fight stallers like GSP or giants who win a lot by gaying it up and fighting way beneath their weight class like Bones. Ridiculous that this idiot doesen't fuck off to watching TUF that is what he shoudl be doing instead of posting mindless and repetitive things that Dana tells him to.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2012, 07:58:11 PM »
  The #2 guy on my list earned his spot. Both PRIDE and UFC belts side by side. This is a rare sight, folks, a sight that elicits no admiration from someone like CockTrain.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2012, 12:33:47 AM »
randy coutour based on shear amount of top level of his era fighters imo should be there no one has a great record that has fought as much as he has and considering he fought late in life also.

What im stressing is that he didnt beat the top guys consistently enough to warrant being labelled the best of all time. He may have beaten guys like Sylvia (lol), Belfort (we all know the circumstances he was fighting under), Liddell & Ortiz (reluctant to list him as he wasnt a force against marquee fighters), but he lost badly to Liddell (twice after), Ricco, Josh, Brock etc. The level of the guys that beat him was far superior to the level of the guys he beat IMO.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2012, 08:41:44 AM »
 The #2 guy on my list earned his spot. Both PRIDE and UFC belts side by side. This is a rare sight, folks, a sight that elicits no admiration from someone like CockTrain.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hey, isn't that the guy that Jones absolutely demolished?? 

;D ;)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2012, 03:03:20 PM »
Hey, isn't that the guy that Jones absolutely demolished?? 

;D ;)

Jones' PRIDE belt or of any other organization for that matter nowhere to be found...only one belt, baby, and he got that beating men of a lower weight class than his. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2012, 03:16:35 PM »
 1. Fedor(31 consecutive wins against opponents who averaged 35 lbs more than him, and PRIDE HW champion for years. Most well-rounded, adaptable and technically flawless fighter ever. One of the gods of MMA. Only MMA fighter ever to carry the Olympic torch for his country.)

2. Shogun Rua(1 of only 2 fighters to ever hold belts on both PRIDE and the UFC, and he beat the other man who did. Winner of the 2005 PRIDE Grand Prix, where he faced and defeated HWs as a LHW)

3. Dan Henderson(winner of 2 belts in PRIDE on 2 different weight classes, and one of the fighters who consistently maintained one of the highest winning rates over 15 years of career)

4. Frank Shamrock

5. Igor Vovchanchyn(won over 100 MMA fights against significantly larger opponents with only 10 losses, and had the highest unbeaten streak in MMA history with 37 consecutive wins)

6. Royce Gracie(winner of 3 of the first 4 UFCs in a time when there were no weight limits. One of the gods of MMA)

7. Vitor Belfort(winner of 2 UFC belts in different weight classes. Most wins by KO in first round of any fighter in MMA history . One of the most explosive and devastating strikers in the history of MMA.

8. 'Page(1 of only 2 men to ever win belts in both PRIDE and the UFC)

9. Wanderlei Silva(PRIDE middle-weight champion for years with a record of 22 consecutive wins and ranked as #1 P4P fighter for eight years. Together with Fedor, the most popular and well-known MMA fighter ever.)

10. Kazuchi Sakuraba(consistently ranked in the top #3 P4P list for a whole decade. Beat all the Gracies except for Rickson)

11. Anderson Silva(UFC record with 13 consecutive wins and 9 title defenses. I would have ranked him higher except that he is in one of the weakest divisions in the UFC)

12. Jeremy Horn(89 wins against consistenly good competition. Only been KOd once)

I would like to make clarifications. You might be asking where is Jones and GSP on my list. Well, I decided to exclude GSP because his division is pretty weak, and because he never finishes anyone. He is the epitome of the decision fighter. I do not like fighters like this.

As for Jones, it not that hard being great when you are 6'5 beating up on 5'11 guys. Also, he is only 24 years old and has been fighting professionally for only 3 years. When he moves to HW and dominates like he is doing the LHW division, then I will move him up to top 3 ever.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

If you have Wanderlai in there you have to give mention that Antonio Nogueira and Crocop both had better records than him in Pride. Nogueira and Mirko kicked so much ass in Pride it was unreal. Fedor had great difficult fights against both of them. Crocop Fedor is an all-time great fight. It's just a shame they were both past their best by the time UFC monopolised MMA, but historically they are both better than Wanderlai Silva.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2012, 03:27:21 PM »
GSP finished his opponent 5 fights ago last time - it's true. But has won every single one of them, no losses whatsoever.

Let's see how some other fighters on top of the list have done in their last fights.

- Fedor's last 5 fights: 3 losses in a row, 2 wins agaist 2nd and 3rd tier fighters
- Shogun's last 5 fights: 3 losses, 2 wins
- Shamrock's last 5 fights: 3 losses, 2 wins

Oh yeah, GSP's recent performance is really terrible  ::)

Clearly greatest ever to you means "greatest in the past 2 years", by this logic Tyson was a bad boxer, Brazil are a bad soccer team, Michael Jackson hasn't sold many records, Marlon Brando was a lousy actor , etc etc etc, totally pointless argument.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2012, 03:38:25 PM »
If you have Wanderlai in there you have to give mention that Antonio Nogueira and Crocop both had better records than him in Pride. Nogueira and Mirko kicked so much ass in Pride it was unreal. Fedor had great difficult fights against both of them. Crocop Fedor is an all-time great fight. It's just a shame they were both past their best by the time UFC monopolised MMA, but historically they are both better than Wanderlai Silva.

Wanderlia had that insane aura of fear about him. His highlight real of destruction is top 3. I agree with certain points, I think Nog and cro cop both had better records.

But Wand did have that insane win streak that lasted five years and he was ranked number 1 pound for pound for awhile.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »
Wanderlia had that insane aura of fear about him. His highlight real of destruction is top 3. I agree with certain points, I think Nog and cro cop both had better records.

But Wand did have that insane win streak that lasted five years and he was ranked number 1 pound for pound for awhile.

How can anyone rank little Nog above Wandy is completely beyond me. Wandy went on a 22 fight winning streak back in PRIDE and he was universally regarded as the World's greatest P4P fighter for 5 years, from 2001 to 2006.

Record is not the only factor that I use in my ranking. If it were, then I would have put Vovchanchyn ast #1, given he had some 120 MMA fights with only 10 losses. I also look at quality of competition, weight of competitors compared to the fighter I am raking and the way they beat their opponents. When you take all of this into consideration, Wandy is clearly more deserving of being raked far above Nog.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2012, 05:27:25 PM »
Clearly greatest ever to you means "greatest in the past 2 years", by this logic Tyson was a bad boxer, Brazil are a bad soccer team, Michael Jackson hasn't sold many records, Marlon Brando was a lousy actor , etc etc etc, totally pointless argument.

You obviously didn't read what my post was a response to. All those fighters are great, yet don't get criticized not finishing fights like GSP does. I analysed last 5 fights because that's the last time  GSP finished a fight without going the distance. Yet, most fighters on that list have done much worse than GSP in their last 5 fights. GSP has finished approx. 70% of his fights before the 4 fight non-finishing streak he's had recently. My point is, most of criticism for GSP does not make much sense if you look at numbers only, but people are emotional creatures and this stuff happens. Of course, the fact is that he's beaten everyone in his division for almost 5 years and hasn't been even close to losing a fight. Not bad.