Author Topic: Serge Nubret - In His Prime Mid 1970's Australia - RARE PICS!!!  (Read 2993 times)

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
Serge Nubret Prime Mid 1970's - The actual production details are not available for this video, but it was filmed in Australia and going by Serge's physique it must have been during his prime in the mid 1970's. As you can see, Serge possessed a massive armor plated chest, small waist, amazing V taper and some of the most incredible abs of all-time. He was definitely one of the legends of bodybuilding. R.I.P. Serge.

The rest of the pics are on the blog. http://legendsofbodybuilding.blogspot.ca/2012/04/serge-nubret-prime-mid-1970s-actual.html

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Serge Nubret - In His Prime Mid 1970's Australia - RARE PICS!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 10:11:38 PM »
I have noticed that Serge almost never smiled in pics, whereas with Sergio and Arnold, they smiled alot. It's a rare pic that show Nubret smiling or laughing...maybe it's because he was older than the other two, or because of the behind the scenes "issues". 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 04:54:57 AM »
I have noticed that Serge almost never smiled in pics, whereas with Sergio and Arnold, they smiled alot. It's a rare pic that show Nubret smiling or laughing...maybe it's because he was older than the other two, or because of the behind the scenes "issues". 

He's like Mike Mentzer another guy who was always serious.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 05:03:00 AM »

I think it works better that way, conveys strength, i never thought Arnold smiled much, I thought Arnolds posing at judging in pumping iron was perfectly executed body language wise.

Same thing when Serge comes out on stage and just stands there expressionless, cool as a cucumber.
Trans Milkshake.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 05:27:50 AM »
Nobody back in those days smiled during a contest,only in the gym and for magazine pics for the most part.........check and see,you may find one smiling pic out of 10.

Back then it was a common practice to try to convey a confident look onstage as opposed to the blatantly fake/forced smiling inflated goons we have today.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 05:34:14 AM »
Nobody back in those days smiled during a contest,only in the gym and for magazine pics for the most part.........check and see,you may find one smiling pic out of 10.

Back then it was a common practice to try to convey a confident look onstage as opposed to the blatantly fake/forced smiling inflated goons we have today.

Spot on Wes. Someone did a very funny post about modern posing in a tbombz thread i think, i would look for it but given getbigs search function i would probably end up in the loony asylum after 10 minutes.

Sergio used to smile when hitting the victory pose if i recollect, a sort of yes aren't i fucking awesome grin.
Trans Milkshake.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 09:25:35 AM »
If you can't access the blog it's because I just changed the generic blog domain to my own personal domain. It may take up to 24 hours to fully switch over. I'll update you on when everything has been switched over. Thanks.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 10:14:38 AM »

Arnold did a lot of smiling...Sergio...but it was more the candid pics...also with Pumping Iron---of course Arnold was the star...
Just when it came to candid shots. Serge always came off as brooding, serious...Arnold and Sergio came off as willing to ham it up, but serious when it matter.
Wasn't Nubret like 10 yrs or more older than Arnold? Because in Pumping Iron they said he was 40 something.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 10:56:43 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 10:57:22 AM »
Arnold did a lot of smiling...Sergio...but it was more the candid pics...also with Pumping Iron---of course Arnold was the star...
Just when it came to candid shots. Serge always came off as brooding, serious...Arnold and Sergio came off as willing to ham it up, but serious when it matter.
Wasn't Nubret like 10 yrs or more older than Arnold? Because in Pumping Iron they said he was 40 something.
Yes,Serge was quite a bit older than Arnold.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 10:58:32 AM »

Spot on Wes. Someone did a very funny post about modern posing in a tbombz thread i think, i would look for it but given getbigs search function i would probably end up in the loony asylum after 10 minutes.

Sergio used to smile when hitting the victory pose if i recollect, a sort of yes aren't i fucking awesome grin.
Yup,and he also had that same grin when he hit an awesome most muscular shot.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 06:04:23 PM »

^^
EXCEPT for Arnold in the 1980 Olympia....