Author Topic: Did scumbag Elizabeth Warren use 1/32 Cherokee heritage to advance career?  (Read 10993 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

Desperately scrambling to validate Democrat Elizabeth Warren’s Native American heritage amid questions about whether she used her minority status to further her career, the Harvard Law professor’s campaign last night finally came up with what they claim is a Cherokee connection — her great-great-great-grandmother.

“She would be 1⁄32nd of Elizabeth Warren’s total ancestry,” noted genealogist Christopher Child said, referring to the candidate’s great-great-great-grandmother, O.C. Sarah Smith, who is listed on an Oklahoma marriage certificate as Cherokee. Smith is an ancestor on Warren’s mother’s side, Child said.

The missing link comes after Warren’s embattled campaign faced sharp questions about her Native American background in the wake of Herald stories that showed both Harvard Law School and Warren herself had touted her tribal lineage and claimed she was a member of a minority for years.

Warren’s shaken campaign faced another crisis yesterday when it was revealed that beginning in 1986 and continuing through 1995, Warren had listed herself as a minority professor in the Association of American Law Schools desk book, a directory of law professors from participating schools.

Warren had flatly denied that she ever touted her Native American background professionally.

Child — who originally could find no Native American lineage in Warren’s family when the Herald broke the story last Friday — said he uncovered a marriage certificate at 4 p.m. yesterday after fielding calls from countless media outlets and even Warren’s own campaign.

Child said he plans on further verifying the records today. “There is a possibility that their Native American ancestry could have been hidden at one point,” he said.

The campaign also hastily produced an undated newspaper clip last night from the Muskogee Sunday Phoenix detailing a “Mrs. James P. Rowsey” — who they said is Warren’s cousin — and her involvement with the Five Civilized Tribes Museum, which is dedicated to preserving Native American art.

“Mrs. James P. Rowsey was Elizabeth’s first cousin — shared the grandparents in question,” a campaign official said in the statement.'

Meanwhile, Warren’s camp issued statements from five faculty members at the four universities where she’s taught, including Harvard Law School and University of Pennsylvania, to knock down any suggestion she used her Native American background to get hired.

“To suggest that she needed some special advantage to be hired here or anywhere is just silly. She was hired for her great abilities as a teacher and a scholar. Her family tree had nothing to do with it,” wrote Jay Westbrook, chairman of the business law school at the University of Texas at Austin, who hired Warren.

Suzan Shown Harjo, a former executive director of the National Congress of American Indians, expressed outrage yesterday after learning that Warren had identified herself as a Native American on law school records without documentation.

“If you believe you are these things then that’s fine and dandy, but that doesn’t give you the right to claim yourself as Native American,” said Harjo, who said Warren might have taken a job another Native American could have received.

http://bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view.bg?&articleid=1061128421&format=&page=2&listingType=politics#articleFull

Ho-hum, just another leftist snake.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
She is another marxist thug and fraud. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Elizabeth Warren’s drop of Cherokee blood
Legal Insurrection ^ | May 1, 2012 | William A. Jacobson
Posted on 05/01/2012 6:00:14 PM PDT by Qbert

Yesterday I posted about how Elizabeth Warren’s campaign acknowledged that she self-identified as Native American on forms she filled out for the Association of American Law Schools in the mid-1980s through 1994, but that she still was searching for the genealogical evidence to support her claim.

According to the Boston Herald (added- Cover here)(h/t Instapundit) Warren found the proof last night, in the form of her great-great-great grandmother being Cherokee:

Desperately scrambling to validate Democrat Elizabeth Warren’s Native American heritage amid questions about whether she used her minority status to further her career, the Harvard Law professor’s campaign last night finally came up with what they claim is a Cherokee connection — her great-great-great-grandmother.
“She would be 1⁄32nd of Elizabeth Warren’s total ancestry,” noted genealogist Christopher Child said, referring to the candidate’s great-great-great-grandmother, O.C. Sarah Smith, who is listed on an Oklahoma marriage certificate as Cherokee. Smith is an ancestor on Warren’s mother’s side, Child said.

The controversy will not be over, as further reported by the Herald:

Suzan Shown Harjo, a former executive director of the National Congress of American Indians, expressed outrage yesterday after learning that Warren had identified herself as a Native American on law school records without documentation.
“If you believe you are these things then that’s fine and dandy, but that doesn’t give you the right to claim yourself as Native American,” said Harjo, who said Warren might have taken a job another Native American could have received.

On what basis does someone who is 1/32nd of anything claim that 1/32nd as ethnicity or race for any purpose?  And is it believable that Warren had no purpose in claiming Native American status when she was building her career in a field which desperately sought minority, and particularly Native American, members.

The issue, though, is larger than Warren personally and goes to the ethos of Warren’s campaign.

How ironic that the new liberal lioness has resorted to counting drops of blood for her self-identification.

TOPICS: News/Current Events; Politics/Elections; US: Massachusetts; Click to Add Topic

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
doesnt it have to be 1/16 to be legal?   not this 1/32 crap?

seriously, yall are running scoot brown (liberal) against her and he's not polling well.  I dont blame this desperate move.  If THIS is the best they can complain about, Vote41 is in trouble.

Fury

• Getbig V
doesnt it have to be 1/16 to be legal?   not this 1/32 crap?

seriously, yall are running scoot brown (liberal) against her and he's not polling well.  I dont blame this desperate move.  If THIS is the best they can complain about, Vote41 is in trouble.

The fuck are you talking about? Scott Brown had an over 50% approval rating in Mass last I saw. He's either beating her or running within the margin of error in every poll I've seen. He's also polling almost 12 percentage points better than her with independents. And to top it off, he just secured endorsements from the democratic mayors of the two largest cities in Mass, hahaha. The DEMOCRAT MAYOR OF BOSTON endorsed BROWN. And all this is with her having a fundraising advantage.

Seriously, do you read ANYTHING? How can someone watch political news all day and end up so fucking stupid? Actually, scratch that. MSDNC hardly qualifies as political news.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
doesnt it have to be 1/16 to be legal?   not this 1/32 crap?

seriously, yall are running scoot brown (liberal) against her and he's not polling well.  I dont blame this desperate move.  If THIS is the best they can complain about, Vote41 is in trouble.

2. Massachusetts

The basketball shot Sen. Scott Brown sank from half court could be a metaphor for the way his campaign closed the month. Democratic mayors from the state’s two largest cities lined up with the freshman Republican just as a potentially damaging storyline involving Elizabeth Warren’s tenure at Harvard began to snowball.

A Boston Herald piece revealing that Warren had been listed as a minority professor at Harvard because of her Native American heritage left her campaign grasping for an explanation and Warren visibly rattled.

Her inability to say whether she cited her minority status to help land the Ivy League gig is “undermining Warren’s credibility and competence as a candidate,” WHDH-TV reporter Andy Hiller remarked in a recent segment.

Her campaign’s response — accusing Brown of playing “nasty” gender politics — was the equivalent of a Hail Mary pass. Or a half-court shot.

Who won April: Brown

Latest poll: Warren 46%, Brown 45% (Rasmussen Reports, 500 likely voters, April 9)

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/75804.html#ixzz1tiMN1qWc

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
She was making something like 440k a year as a law professor. 

What a lying sack of shit. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
White and wrong: On the reservation with Elizabeth Warren
 Boston Herald ^ | 02 may 2012 | Howie Carr

We all know about “undocumented workers.” Now we have Elizabeth Warren, the undocumented Indian.

Funny thing, I think Ted Williams was one-fourth Mexican. He was white. Johnny Bench is one-eighth Indian. I always think of him as white. And then there’s Pochantas Warren, the blue-eyed, one-32nd Cherokee (or so we’re told) who went from the Southwest Conference to the Ivy League over the course of a decade in which she was claiming to be a “minority professor.”

But once she’d parlayed the racial-spoils racket all the way to a tenured position at Harvard Law, she decided to ... pass, as they used to say in the old South. Once she’d reached the pinnacle of her trade, she ditched the fake-Indian routine. Maybe White Eyes Warren saw the smoke signals and figured out that someone was going to call her out on her ancestry. She was right.

(Excerpt) Read more at bostonherald.com ...

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
doesnt it have to be 1/16 to be legal?    not this 1/32 crap?

I'm that, does that mean I can claim minority status?  ;D

never have before though

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I'm that, does that mean I can claim minority status?  ;D

never have before though

i vageuly remember somethign like that from college, reading it on an application.  It's either 1/8 or 1/16... but i'm pretty sure it's only 1/16.  I thought at the time I was surprised it was so little.  i'm too lazy to google.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
leaders should set the example by refusing the benefits of obamacare. 

U.S. Sen. Scott Brown has repeatedly spoken out against President Obama’s health care law, yet is using a portion of it to provide insurance for his adult daughter.

The Massachusetts Republican told the Boston Globe that "of course" he uses a provision of the law that allows parents to keep their children on family insurance plans up to age 26. His daughter, Ayla, is 23.

Brown, who won his seat by campaigning against the law, says he still thinks it should be repealed.

Democrats, including the campaign of his chief rival Elizabeth Warren, quickly labeled Brown a hypocrite, saying he’s trying to prevent other parents from providing insurance for their children even as he takes advantage of the benefit.

Fury

• Getbig V

U.S. Sen. Scott Brown has repeatedly spoken out against President Obama’s health care law, yet is using a portion of it to provide insurance for his adult daughter.

The Massachusetts Republican told the Boston Globe that "of course" he uses a provision of the law that allows parents to keep their children on family insurance plans up to age 26. His daughter, Ayla, is 23.

Brown, who won his seat by campaigning against the law, says he still thinks it should be repealed.

Democrats, including the campaign of his chief rival Elizabeth Warren, quickly labeled Brown a hypocrite, saying he’s trying to prevent other parents from providing insurance for their children even as he takes advantage of the benefit.

::)

I believe Ron Paul speaks out against earmarks and then takes advantage of them to secure money for his district by putting them in there and voting against them, knowing full well that they'll pass regardless.

By the way, this thread has nothing to do with Scott Brown. If you have a problem with him putting his daughter on his insurance then start another thread about it. This thread is about Elizabeth Warren and her claiming minority status to climb the ladder. So despite 3 posts from you now trying to change the topic, it stays. Fuck off, scumbag.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I believe Ron Paul speaks out against earmarks and then takes advantage of them to secure money for his district by putting them in there and voting against them, knowing full well that they'll pass regardless.

In that case, he's not getting my vote in FL

240 is Back

• Getbig V
warren is a bag of crap if it was 1/16 and she claimed it with only 1/32.   

she shoudl be forced to repay for any fincnacial edge she obtained.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

reminds me of the teabag congressman who opposed the healthcare legislation and then had a meltdown when he found out his own government paid healthcare wasn't going to kick in for 30 days

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This warren is another fraud and lying piece of trash.   

Fury

• Getbig V
In that case, he's not getting my vote in FL

Ahh, there's the old 240. He's buried in there somewhere. ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Scott Brown Is Destroying Elizabeth Warren, And She's Getting Blasted For Claiming Native American Blood

Grace Wyler|36 minutes ago|1,583|24

It has been a pretty bad week for Elizabeth Warren, the feisty class warrior and conservative bogeywoman who is locked in a tight race to replace Republican Scott Brown in the Massachusetts Senate seat once held by the late Ted Kennedy.

Warren's troubles have centered around a Boston Herald report that revealed that now-famous Harvard law professor used to identify herself as a "minority" in law school directories, based on a far-back (and unconfirmed) Native American ancestry.

Although the schools she worked at have since claimed that Warren's "race" never came up during her hiring, Harvard bragged about Warren's Native American background to the Crimson in the 1990s, when the law school was under fire for a lack of faculty diversity.

Conservatives predictably freaked out, and accused Warren of fabricating a minority background to advance her academic career. Genealogists were able to find that Warren's great-great-great grandmother is listed as Cherokee on a 1984 marriage application, but were unable to confirm the ethnicity.

To make matters worse, Warren's response has been ridiculous.

First, she said she did not recall that Harvard had listed her as Native American — which is suspect given that Warren listed herself as a minority. She also tried to say that the story was a sexist attack from the Brown campaign, but the argument didn't make a lot of sense.

And yesterday, Warren told the Herald that she put herself down as minority "in the hopes that it might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something that might happen with people who are like I am."

She also claimed that "being Native American has been part of my story I guess since the day I was born" — despite the fact that she has rarely, if ever, mentioned her Native American ancestor in any of her speeches or statements.

To back up this up, she told reporters,"my Pepaw, had high cheekbones like all of the Indians did."

Seriously. Watch the video:

Brown, meanwhile, has been sinking his shots — literally. His campaign has been sending around a video of the Senator nailing a half-court shot at a youth community center last Friday.

And while Warren has been laying low, trying not to say stupid things about Native Americans, Brown has been hitting the campaign trail hard, hammering in a message of bipartisanship and accusing Warren of engaging in divisive, class war politics.

He also snapped up endorsements from two Democrats, the former mayors of Boston and Worcester.

In the long run, it is not clear how much the Native American story will hurt Warren. So far, the media has been reluctant to give the story much play — even The New York Times appears to have bought into Warren's spin that the story is a distraction from the "real issues."

But there is evidence that Warren's claim to "minority" status could turn into a major issue. I have written before that stories stick when they highlight something we already suspect about a candidate (think Seamus), and the Native American story underscores the conservative claim that Warren is the worst kind of whiny, liberal "victim." On the other end of the political spectrum, Warren's apparent abuse of affirmative action raises big questions about whether she has been taking advantage of the very groups she claims to protect.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/elizabeth-warren-native-american-problem-scott-brown-winning-massachusetts-senate-race-2012-5#comment-4fa2cfec69bedd6865000018#ixzz1tpiXdBlz

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Wow: Warren Now Says She Self-Identified as Native American to...Make Friends
Townhall.com ^ | May 3, 2012 | Guy Benson
Posted on May 3, 2012 6:05:38 PM EDT by Kaslin

A surreal update to my item from yesterday, which posed two questions about the curious case of Elizabeth Warren, alleged "Native American."  The first: If Warren never, ever, ever would have exploited her possible heritage for career advancement, why did Warren classify herself as a Native American in 1986?  The second: Why did she remove that label nine years later -- after she'd achieved tenure at Harvard?  Yesterday evening, the candidate answered both curiosities.  I swear I am not making this up:

“I listed myself in the directory in the hopes that it might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something that might happen with people who are like I am. Nothing like that ever happened, that was clearly not the use for it and so I stopped checking it off.”

The Massachusetts Democrat -- who might be 1/32 Cherokee (more on that later) -- formally self-identified as a Native American in a professional journal for nine years because...she was hoping to get invited to a luncheon. She wanted to socialize "with people who are like I am."  Then supposedly, after holding out hope for that elusive lunch invitation for almost a decade, she gave up on breaking into that clique, so she "stopped" checking the "yup, I'm a Native American" box on the form.  That's her story.  Really.  I'm almost at a loss for words.  This is the best the Warren campaign could muster?  She listed herself as an ethnic minority in hopes of being asked along to "a group something."  For nine years.  Then gave up.  This does not even come close to passing the laugh test.  Let's try this alternate explanation on for size: Warren was told as a girl that some of her ancestors were Native Americans.  When she set out to establish a career in the academy, she recalled that family lore and decided to make it "official," because she knew the politically-correct world of academia would find that detail mysterious and unique.  Plus, she knew she might get some extra considerations here or there, in the name of "diversity," which is something of a religion on the Left.  Finally, after she'd achieved the pinnacle of her profession (tenure at Harvard Law) she abandoned the silly and slightly risky game because it was no longer necessary.  Does that sound slightly more plausible to you than the howler she's peddling to the press?  Yeah, me too.

Setting aside her intelligence-insulting tale, Warren may have inadvertently compounded her problem by letting an implicit admission slip: She says she "stopped checking it off" in 1995, after hopes of a luncheon invitation faded.  "It" being the "Native American" identification box.  Unless I'm misunderstanding her quote, this implies that she proactively checked that box every year.  It wasn't a mindless, one-time error in judgment.  She persisted in consciously identifying herself as a Native American every year for nine years -- a period that just happened to coincide with her ascension through the professional ranks.  What a remarkable coincidence, no?  With her back to the wall and her story falling apart, Warren is back to playing the gender card:

"The only one as I understand it who’s raising any question about whether or not I was qualified for my job is Scott Brown and I think I am qualified and frankly I’m a little shocked to hear anybody raise a question about whether or not I’m qualified to hold a job teaching,” she said, pushing to put Brown on defense. “What does he think it takes for a woman to be qualified?”

I don't think anyone is questioning your qualifications at this stage, professor.  I'd say we're questioning your honesty, judgment and integrity.  And the sexism red herring is embarrassing.  Just stop.  I'll leave you with three kickers to this mess:

(1) Via Legal Insurrection: "The section [of the directory] listing 'minority' faculty doesn’t list which minority, so Warren listing herself that way would not be a means of meeting other Native Americans, because no one else would know she was claiming to be Native American just from the listing."  Wouldn't she have identified this massive flaw in her quest to make NA friends after, say, the first year?

(2) According to a Republican source, several Native American clubs and organizations existed at Harvard while Warren was there, yet yearbooks and membership directories show no evidence that Warren was involved with any of them.  Wouldn't this have been a good place to seek out "people who are like I am," if that were her true intention?

(3) According to the Boston Herald, even the report that Warren's great-great-great grandmother was Cherokee cannot be confirmed:

Warren’s statements come as genealogists at the New England Historic Genealogical Society were unable to back up earlier accounts that her great great great grandmother is Cherokee. While Warren’s great great great grandmother, named O.C. Sarah Smith, is listed on a electronic transcript of a 1894 marriage application as Cherokee, the genealogists are unable to find the actual record or a photograhic copy of it, Society spokesman Tom Champoux said.

UPDATE - You've got to be kidding:

Elizabeth Warren's Native American Proof? High Cheekbones...

Her grandfather had high cheek bones.  "Like all the Indians do."  This is her latest evidence: An anecdote from her aunt, commenting on the facial structure of someone who was three generations removed from a woman who might have been Cherokee (presuming she's even talking about the correct side of her family).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Elizabeth Warren brings no peace to Dems
Boston Herald.com ^ | May 4, 2012 | Joe Battenfeld

Posted on Friday, May 04, 2012 9:29:47 AM by Hojczyk

Elizabeth Warren’s stumbling efforts to douse the firestorm surrounding her claims of being a Native American minority have raised concerns among local and national Democrats who are questioning her campaign’s competence.

“There’s nobody watching this that doesn’t think she’s in big trouble,” one well-known Massachusetts Democrat said.

Joe Trippi, a prominent national Democratic consultant, told the Herald that while Warren has time to recover, the campaign should have anticipated this issue would surface.

One well-known Massachusetts Democratic strategist faulted Warren and her campaign for failing to put out a consistent message.

The strategist also said many local Democrats are alarmed at the campaign’s failure to contain the damage after the Herald first reported about Warren’s minority status at Harvard in the 1990s, based on claims her great-great-great grandmother was Cherokee.

After first saying she didn’t know anything about reports that Harvard Law had listed her as a minority, Warren’s campaign then said she was “proud” of her Native American heritage, citing records showing she was 1⁄32nd Cherokee.

(Excerpt) Read more at bostonherald.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
LOL @ Glen Beck.   Lol @ Republicans.

Jobs report came out.  I turned on Glen Beck bright and early hoping to get details and insight.

instead, it's Beck and co-host doing voice imitations of Eliz Warren for my entire drive.   I had to come home and turn on MSNBC to get the jobs numbers.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
LOL @ Glen Beck.   Lol @ Republicans.

Jobs report came out.  I turned on Glen Beck bright and early hoping to get details and insight.

instead, it's Beck and co-host doing voice imitations of Eliz Warren for my entire drive.   I had to come home and turn on MSNBC to get the jobs numbers.

Why not come here instead?   Did MSNBC talk about labor force rate?  BD model?  No, so guess what - stick on this board and you will learn more than from Madcow 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Why not come here instead?   Did MSNBC talk about labor force rate?  BD model?  No, so guess what - stick on this board and you will learn more than from Madcow 

I was driving and didn't want to try to read phone while on the road.   My name isn't Ozmo.