Author Topic: How to get to Heaven.  (Read 1358 times)

Purge_WTF

How to get to Heaven.
« on: May 03, 2012, 08:15:48 AM »
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

THERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:

1. REALIZE THAT YOU ARE A SINNER AND IN NEED OF A SAVIOR:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. BECAUSE OF OUR SINS, WE DIE BOTH SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY, BUT GOD SENT HIS SON TO TAKE OUR PUNISHMENT AND GIVE US A CHANCE NOT TO HAVE TO GO TO HELL.

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. IF WE WILL ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS OUR LORD WITH OUR MOUTHS AND BELIEVE IN OUR HEARTS THAT HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD, BY DOING THIS WE ARE RECEIVING HIM:

Ro 10:9,10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: {power: or, the right, or, privilege}
(KJV)

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS? DO YOU ACCEPT WHAT HE DID FOR YOU TO PAY FOR YOUR SINS?

4. If you are willing to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please pray this right now, from your heart to God,

"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you prayed that prayer from your heart to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: How to get to Heaven.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 08:18:08 AM »
liberals can't be christians.  i read it on getbig.  we had a big debate here about it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 08:24:29 AM »

THERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. BECAUSE OF OUR SINS, WE DIE BOTH SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY, BUT GOD SENT HIS SON TO TAKE OUR PUNISHMENT AND GIVE US A CHANCE NOT TO HAVE TO GO TO HELL.

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. IF WE WILL ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS OUR LORD WITH OUR MOUTHS AND BELIEVE IN OUR HEARTS THAT HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD, BY DOING THIS WE ARE RECEIVING HIM:

Ro 10:9,10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: {power: or, the right, or, privilege}
(KJV)

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS? DO YOU ACCEPT WHAT HE DID FOR YOU TO PAY FOR YOUR SINS?

4. If you are willing to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please pray this right now, from your heart to God,

"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you prayed that prayer from your heart to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

what if you don't believe heaven even exists or at least not the the way the chrisians imagine it to exist?

btw - why are you posting this on the political board?

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:36:38 AM »

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you.

So young children (including those who die in the womb) who have never heard of Jesus and/or do not accept Jesus, who die, go to hell.

Agree with what you implied?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 08:50:20 AM »
Truly accept Jesus Christ as your savior and all your sins are forgiven and you get free pass.

This applies to Liberals, Neo-cons, Democrats, Commies, Repubs, and Kenyan born US Presidents

What was so hard about that?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 08:56:46 AM »
It's the fundie belief that they have a "ticket to heaven" that allows them to feel justified/safe in doing all kinds of evil shit

the biggest scumbags and liars that I've ever met in business and in life were all fundies

Bum - why don't you move this thread to the Religious Board

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 09:34:26 AM »
I have to give the religion props..

When things go right... God did it
When things go wrong, either Satan or you did it to yourself

If something in the bible contradicts your morals like killing babies, you just don't have the brain to comprehend God's wonderous love

Christians are morally superior to atheists
However, when Christians get caught doing bad things, A) they are not really christians, or B) they are only human and falter but alas they are forgiven unlike you

The bible is the living word of God
But, there are hundreds of religions from the same book, disagreeing on many things

If you believe the bible means X and I believe the bible means Y in a passage, YOU are ALWAYS wrong because I have discerment and you of course don't or else you would agree with me

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 05:04:21 AM »
I have to give the religion props..

When things go right... God did it
When things go wrong, either Satan or you did it to yourself

If something in the bible contradicts your morals like killing babies, you just don't have the brain to comprehend God's wonderous love

Christians are morally superior to atheists
However, when Christians get caught doing bad things, A) they are not really christians, or B) they are only human and falter but alas they are forgiven unlike you

The bible is the living word of God
But, there are hundreds of religions from the same book, disagreeing on many things

If you believe the bible means X and I believe the bible means Y in a passage, YOU are ALWAYS wrong because I have discerment and you of course don't or else you would agree with me

Not to defend high-horse christians, but I have run into a helluva lot more Atheists that try and project their moral superiority and belittle anyone who doesnt wholly agree with them, than I have seen Christians. Most of the ones Ive met, it seemed like they thought it was their job to try and destroy other peoples belief system.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 06:30:43 AM »
There is no Heaven.

It was created by man.

What does this have to do with Politics?

8)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 08:29:38 PM »
Not to defend high-horse christians, but I have run into a helluva lot more Atheists that try and project their moral superiority and belittle anyone who doesnt wholly agree with them, than I have seen Christians. Most of the ones Ive met, it seemed like they thought it was their job to try and destroy other peoples belief system.

probably not from Texas then..

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 08:34:56 PM »
It's the fundie belief that they have a "ticket to heaven" that allows them to feel justified/safe in doing all kinds of evil shit

the biggest scumbags and liars that I've ever met in business and in life were all fundies

Bum - why don't you move this thread to the Religious Board
Im very interested in what u say about fndies being the worst offenders. Is there any particular story u could share? I think its fascinating to see people act 180 deg opposite of what they profess and preach.
follow the arrows

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 11:18:30 PM »
Im very interested in what u say about fndies being the worst offenders. Is there any particular story u could share? I think its fascinating to see people act 180 deg opposite of what they profess and preach.

Trust me when I tell you... the fascination loses all lustre when you're on the receiving end of it. lol
Some people just don't get it. It's all types, not just the fundamentalists though, ...just the zealots, whatever their beliefs.

To answer the original poster's question: If what you see before you is Hell, do a 180 and walk in the opposite direction
...and keep walking.  :)
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 02:51:39 AM »
Truly accept Jesus Christ as your savior and all your sins are forgiven and you get free pass.

This applies to Liberals, Neo-cons, Democrats, Commies, Repubs, and Kenyan born US Presidents

What was so hard about that?

The hard part to understand is why grown men still believe in this ridicilous fairy tale

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 04:35:58 AM »
probably not from Texas then..
Ironically, im living in Texas as we speak. Houston to be exact.
Come at me bro.  ;D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 03:43:25 PM »
Ironically, im living in Texas as we speak. Houston to be exact.
Come at me bro.  ;D

It is an interesting experience you've had. Completely opposite from mine. A couple hours drive west and I find 1. Most non believers keep it to themselves. 2. Most believers feel empowered by their sheer numbers and the assumption they have that everyone is a believer that when they find out you aren't, their first inclination is to convert you.

Now I have known a few, very few militant atheists who feel compelled to battle a believer when confronted. And maybe one that looks for the battle.. But overwhelmingly it's been my experience, the fundies are the aggressors..

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 04:43:05 PM »
It is an interesting experience you've had. Completely opposite from mine. A couple hours drive west and I find 1. Most non believers keep it to themselves. 2. Most believers feel empowered by their sheer numbers and the assumption they have that everyone is a believer that when they find out you aren't, their first inclination is to convert you.

Now I have known a few, very few militant atheists who feel compelled to battle a believer when confronted. And maybe one that looks for the battle.. But overwhelmingly it's been my experience, the fundies are the aggressors..

that's been my experience too

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 05:19:04 PM »

I wont argue that outside of Houston, as Its a totally different world as soon as you step out of the city, and I really havent enough dealings with people out there to know.
In Washington though, the Atheists definatley tend to be the aggressors (as you put it).

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 08:38:52 AM »
I wont argue that outside of Houston, as Its a totally different world as soon as you step out of the city, and I really havent enough dealings with people out there to know.
In Washington though, the Atheists definatley tend to be the aggressors (as you put it).

Probably the pendulum swinging back the other way.. 100 years ago people thought the world was 10,000 yrs old. (some still do). Very few non believers. as recently as 30 yrs ago if you were an atheist, you were considered a minion of Satan (many still think that) and non believers sat on in the back of the bus (so to speak) or risked paying consequences. It's just my opinion that today, many of the agnostics and atheists are just tired of pretending to go along with the prayers/rituals at every opportunity and ceremony, ball game etc etc and just want to be able to go through life without someone elses personal beliefs of a supernatural deity shoved in their faces.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 11:08:27 AM »
1. The God of the Bible is responsible for millions of deaths (either directly through the use of magical powers, or indirectly through commands to followers).

2. One of these deaths is God himself (in the form of Jesus). There just wasn't any way to cure our hankering for apples but for God to off himself.

3. Unfortunately, the plan didn't quite work out, and now God must constantly surveil everyone's mind, monitoring for thoughts about Him. If no such thoughts occur in a given individual, they are assigned to eternal torture.

4. Jesus, who is held up by Christians as a model to follow, wasn't quite able to figure out that enslaving other human beings is wrong. He never repudiates slavery, instead using the parable of slave-beating to make a point. I thought this guy was supposed to be moral perfection personified?

5. Given the above, the God of the Bible is either a psychopath, moron, moral midget, or some combination thereof. And that is assuming that there is any evidence for His being real, which of course there is not (not anymore than there is for Zeus, that is).

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 10:52:38 AM »

I'm 100% sure that there's no heaven and that after I die I'm dead and gone and nothing matters.

I'm in need of a savior? Who will this savior save me from? Oh.. himself? It's like an orthopedist breaking my legs so I can go pay him to have them set again. That doesn't seem very practical.

Why exact punishment to begin with? He's all powerful, so he could say "All is forgiven, and you don't have to die spiritually and physically, and my Son doesn't have to die." But he doesn't. Why?

Ehh... "receiving" another guy doesn't sound like my cup of tea. And then there's the necrophilia!

Will you do that today?

No.

If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

100% sure? Really? I can't lose! I'll take 5!

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

No.

DO YOU ACCEPT WHAT HE DID FOR YOU TO PAY FOR YOUR SINS?

No.

What? This is bullshit man! You said all I had to do was accept Jesus and pray some prayer and I was guaranteed salvation. Now you're adding more stuff I need to do! This is bogus. I demand my money back!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »

That's been my experience as well.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 08:51:09 PM »

Not to shift this off topic, ...but how on earth do you manage the humidity in Houston?  It would make me crazy.
I could barely handle the humidity in Austin.
w