Author Topic: The Republican Tidal Wave is coming - Democrats already in state of panic.  (Read 10067 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Endangered Georgia Democratic Congressman Skipping Convention
5:39 PM, JUN 26, 2012    • BY MICHAEL WARRENSingle PagePrintLarger TextSmaller TextAlerts       
John Barrow, the Georgia Democrat, looks to be following the lead of Claire McCaskill of Missouri, and Joe Manchin and Earl Ray Tomblin of West Virginia and will not be attending the Democratic National Convention. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports:

WASHINGTON—Augusta U.S. Rep. John Barrow will skip the Democratic National Convention in September, adding to a growing list of Democrats distancing themselves from the national party's major quadrennial get-together.

Barrow spokesman Richard Carbo said Tuesday that Barrow is not going to Charlotte because he is "planning a number of events throughout [the] district during that time."

Barrow is in his fourth term and faces a difficult re-election test in a district newly redrawn to lean Republican. He moved from Savannah to Augusta this year to remain in the reshaped 12th District.

Barrow is the National Republican Congressional Committee's top target for 2012 and may be the most endangered House Democrat of the year.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
It's interesting that you went through law school without learning how to spell tidal and definitely.

G

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It's interesting that you went through law school without learning how to spell tidal and definitely.

You think? Thats not even the strange part .

Going through law school to use your education towards posting on Getbig 24/7? Now thats just weird

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Going through law school to use your education towards posting on Getbig 24/7? Now thats just weird

I work for myself and have 50 things always going at once.   Some of us multitask.   99% of my day consists of phone calls, faxes, and emails. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
I work for myself and have 50 things always going at once.   Some of us multitask.   99% of my day consists of phone calls, faxes, and emails. 
Of course we believe you.

G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Steve Israel, DCCC Chair, Tells Candidates To Stay Away From The Democratic National Convention
Posted: 06/26/2012 10:40 pm Updated: 06/27/2012 10:50 am

Democratic Campaign Committee Chairman Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.) said Tuesday in no uncertain terms that candidates should stay in their districts and not go to Charlotte for the Democratic National Convention if they want to win.

"A trip to Charlotte may be interesting," he said at a Reuters summit of the early September event, "but why leave your districts?"

"I don't care if the president was at 122 percent favorability right now," he added. "I think (candidates) should be in their districts.

Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), who previously held the chairmanship, gave the same advice to candidates in 2008.

"Our overall advice to candidates has been to stay home," he said in August 2008, but warned candidates not to separate themselves from the Democratic party.

Candidates who attend the convention will miss four days of campaigning, which could make the difference in a close race.

On Tuesday Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), one of Barack Obama's top 2008 surrogates, joined a number of Democratic lawmakers in tough races who said they plan to skip the event, among them Reps. Kathy Hochul (D-N.Y.), Mark Critz (D-Pa.), three West Virginia Democrats and Sen. John Tester (D-Mont.), whose Republican challenger, Rep. Danny Rehberg, is not planning to attend the GOP convention.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/27/steve-israel-democratic-convention_n_1629397.html?ref=topbar

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Rasmussen : Arizona: Romney 54%, Obama 41%
 Rasmussen Reports ^

Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mitt Romney's support is up in Arizona following the U.S. Supreme Court decision overturning several provisions of the state's law cracking down on illegal immigration and the Obama administration's announcement that it will not process additional illegals arrested there.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in Arizona shows Romney with 54% support to President Obama's 41%. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, while two percent (2%) remain undecided.

(Excerpt) Read more at rasmussenreports.com ...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
 Rasmussen Reports ^

Mitt Romney's support is up in Arizona following the U.S. Supreme Court decision overturning several provisions of the state's law cracking down on illegal immigration and the Obama administration's announcement that it will not process additional illegals arrested there.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in Arizona shows Romney with 54% support to President Obama's 41%. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, while two percent (2%) remain undecided.

RCP just moved Indiana from "toss-up" to "Leans Romney".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

RCP just moved Indiana from "toss-up" to "Leans Romney".

Indiana & N.C. were flukes last time.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
 Rasmussen Reports ^

I guess this explains why he keeps giving AZ the big middle finger.  No way would he treat a critical battle ground state the way he has treated AZ.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I guess this explains why he keeps giving AZ the big middle finger.  No way would he treat a critical battle ground state the way he has treated AZ.

Obama has a grudge against AZ since they were the last to adopt MLK day as Holiday - bet on it. 

Obama has a huge chip on his shoulder and never forgets these things. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Obama has a grudge against AZ since they were the last to adopt MLK day as Holiday - bet on it. 

Any proof of this claim?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Any proof of this claim?

I think he said it in his inagural address, but I'm not going to waste time watching it to find it.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Any proof of this claim?

The day that thug walked into the Oval Office he sent back the Churchill Bust to the UK and put in the MLK Bust.   Not that MLK should not be there, but his sending back the Churchill bust that was given to us after 9/11 was telling.   And why did he do that?  read D'Souzas take down of obbama to learn why.  

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
and ambulance chasing  ;D
w

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

I don't know about Obama, but I sure as hell do.

So should every other American, bigots exempted, of course.
G

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.

Or going through law school and being unable to comprehend simple things like facts and logic.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Another N.C. Dem. Refuses to Endorse Obama
9:25 AM, Jul 3, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

Another North Carolina Democrat is refusing to support President Obama's reelection effort. This time it's Rep. Larry Kissell.

"[H]e doesn’t plan to endorse Obama for re-election and isn’t sure he’ll attend his party’s national convention in Charlotte," McClatchy reports. "Kissell represents the 8th District, which runs from Mecklenburg County to Robeson County. Last year’s redistricting added heavily Republican areas of Rowan, Davidson and Randolph counties while removing thousands of Democratic voters in Charlotte and Fayetteville."

Matt Connelly, a regional spokesman for the Republican National Committee, remarks on Twitter: "Rep. Kissell's (D-NC) district ends 9 blocks away from Bank of America Stadium, but he isn't sure if he'll attend the DNC."

Kissell is also upset with Obama and Democrats over Obamacare. As McClatchy reports:

Last week, Kissell was one of 17 Democrats who voted with Republicans to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in criminal contempt of Congress. And next week, he plans to vote with them again to repeal President Barack Obama’s health care law.

“I’ve heard from hundreds and hundreds of people from my district about their opposition to the health care law,” Kissell told the Observer Monday. “I voted against it originally and I will vote to repeal it.”

The news of Kissell's refusal to back Obama follows up on a similar pronouncement by another North Carolina Democratic congressman, Rep.  Mike McIntyre.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yet Another N.C. Dem. Won't Endorse Obama, Will Skip Convention
4:21 PM, Jul 3, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

Earlier today, news broke that North Carolina congressman Larry Kissell is refusing to endorse President Obama and might not attend the Democratic convention later this year in Charlotte, N.C. And now, there's word that Rep. Hayden Rogers won't be endorsing Obama or even attending the convention.

The Asheville Citizen-Times reports:

Hayden Rogers will join two other North Carolina congressional candidates in skipping the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte and not endorsing President Obama.

“My sole focus is on running for Congress in the 11th District,” Rogers said. “I will be concentrating my time and energy on reaching out to as many voters as possible to discuss the issues facing Western North Carolina and America. I have no plans to attend the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte and will not be endorsing in the 2012 presidential race.” ...

Nationally, about a dozen Democrats are staying home in September to focus on their campaigns.

All this comes just a couple weeks after North Carolina congressman Mike McIntyre's decision not to endorse Obama or attend the convention. 

The Asheville Citizen-Times reports that "Republicans said Democrats are jumping ship."

“North Carolina continues to be a mess for Democrats,” said Rachel Adams, the GOP’s North Carolina Victory communications director. “This is yet another example of the enthusiasm President Obama can expect in North Carolina leading up to the election.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: The Republican Tidal Wave is coming - Democrats already in state of panic.
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2012, 12:37:23 PM »
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_MA_0821121.pdf

LOL   

Scott Brown beating that raving loon by 5 in Mass according to a Demo polling outfit. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: The Republican Tidal Wave is coming - Democrats already in state of panic.
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2012, 12:38:20 PM »
WWW.REALCLEARPOLITICS.CO M

Michigan: Romney vs. Obama

Baydoun/Foster (D)

Obama 44, Romney 48

Romney +4

Wisconsin: Romney vs. Obama

PPP (D)

Obama 47, Romney 48

Romney +1

New York: Romney vs. Obama

Siena