Author Topic: Prometheus - New Trailer.  (Read 4126 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Prometheus - New Trailer.
« on: May 11, 2012, 03:21:19 PM »
SO MUCH WIN!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Prometheus - New Trailer.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 03:28:33 PM »
Meh. I'm old enough to to remember the the Alien movie, so I'm I'm not taken in with all the Hollywood cross/cuts.   

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »
Meh. I'm old enough to to remember the the Alien movie, so I'm I'm not taken in with all the Hollywood cross/cuts.   
I loved the original Alien movie. Just watched it, actually. And Aliens.
Im interested to see where Ridley Scott goes - this is not supposed to be a "Xenomorph backstory". This is supposed to be a totaly different movie than the original Alien.

Gab

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
wtf u talking about new. this one was posted on 17th march.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 05:12:24 PM »
wtf u talking about new. this one was posted on 17th march.
Shockwave fail.
I looked in the other thread and didnt see this one.
My bad.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 06:08:51 PM »
Movie is still gonna win.

rotaryfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 10:58:13 PM »
Ive been waiting for this movie for a year and i don't think I'm going to be disappointed. It looks fantastic.   Apparently Ridley Scot wasn't given the creative control he wanted from the studio so the movie is supposed to be quite different from his original idea. Too bad, ridley scot makes great movies, i don't know why a studio would prevent him from doing it his way?

MikMaq

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 11:49:10 PM »
Ive been waiting for this movie for a year and i don't think I'm going to be disappointed. It looks fantastic.   Apparently Ridley Scot wasn't given the creative control he wanted from the studio so the movie is supposed to be quite different from his original idea. Too bad, ridley scot makes great movies, i don't know why a studio would prevent him from doing it his way?
Meh I'm gonna watch it while high, if it passes the first round I'd proceed by watching it sober.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 12:00:47 AM »

Because he has elaborate visions which by their very nature are not commercial. Those big studios who produce his movies are owned by media corporations who are interested in only one thing: money. They've got quarterly reports to look at and don't really care about things like "art" and "creativity".

It's often the same story with Ridley Scott. He has his writers come up with grand stories which he cannot fully flesh out in the big screen because he has to make concessions to producers. Look at Kingdom of Heaven- an incomplete film when it came out, it felt heavily chopped. Only when the Director's Cut was released did we see the full film (It's not a coincidence that Scott is the originator of Director's Cuts, a trend he started with Blade Runner, another chopped up movie).

I'll be giving Prometheus a pass. These films build up a tremendous hype, then you go see the movie and it's lukewarm at best.

rotaryfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 05:44:15 AM »
Because he has elaborate visions which by their very nature are not commercial. Those big studios who produce his movies are owned by media corporations who are interested in only one thing: money. They've got quarterly reports to look at and don't really care about things like "art" and "creativity".

It's often the same story with Ridley Scott. He has his writers come up with grand stories which he cannot fully flesh out in the big screen because he has to make concessions to producers. Look at Kingdom of Heaven- an incomplete film when it came out, it felt heavily chopped. Only when the Director's Cut was released did we see the full film (It's not a coincidence that Scott is the originator of Director's Cuts, a trend he started with Blade Runner, another chopped up movie).

I'll be giving Prometheus a pass. These films build up a tremendous hype, then you go see the movie and it's lukewarm at best.

So true. We may end up waiting for a directors cut of this movie to see anything worth while.   Its just a bit of a piss off that they won't let him do a movie the way he wants, his movies always seem to make money so just let him do what he wants?  You're right though, it all boils down to money and thats all the studios are concerned about. Either way, I'm still looking forward to it.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 06:36:42 AM »

x2

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 07:42:48 AM »
SO MUCH WIN!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

word.......... this movie looks awesome...kinda like first alien movie

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 08:43:44 AM »
It's on older trailer!

But I don't hassle ya', this movie is going to be so fucking awesome I don't give a shit if it's posted.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 08:55:37 AM »
this will never be "like the first alien movies". Cause we re in a different era, it's all about money. Chances are you ve seen it all in the trailer alrdy.

godeep

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 11:00:15 AM »
this will never be "like the first alien movies". Cause we re in a different era, it's all about money. Chances are you ve seen it all in the trailer alrdy.

I fucking hate that - the mf'ers now in the industry give away the best of the movies during the trailers because they're afraid of the fickle, 2-second attention span of the ignorant assholes in this country
l

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 11:27:18 AM »
Yeah, but these trailers are doing it right.... doesnt really give much away more than we already know.
We know the ship crashes... we know the space jockey dies from an Alien... The rest, is supposed to be totally different.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 11:31:45 AM »
I know this movie is going to be filled with pro-alien creationism, pro-evolution, anti-omipresent god, anti-faith, anti-religion and pro-satanism, but I hope it has some twists and turns and mega ultra super interesting dialogues so it's not just some new fantastic effects having HD movie with some new age message.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 01:38:14 PM »
Satanism is part of the whole religion make-belief. There is no satan in the real.

So you cant be anti-religion and pro satanism. You can be anti-god and pro satanism.

GHAWDH! *sigh/facepalm*

yeah, DOH! I only wanted to point out that the movie will have all those messages obviously, all in one, I never said that satanism = satan worshiping or that satanism = religion... that's all. And thEEEen I added that I hope it will have twists and turns so that it won't be another "seen it.. but awesome graphics" new age movie.