Author Topic: I don't think I know how to diet. Can someone help?  (Read 10322 times)

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
I don't think I know how to diet. Can someone help?
« on: May 11, 2012, 11:20:49 PM »
I'm running 700mg with 350mg sust. I managed to get down to 8-9% @ 205lbs (I'm 5'10") but I'm not progressing much the past two weeks. I want to get as lean as possible without necessarily adding more drugs, so it must be my diet (and I also don't so cardio due to shin pumps from tren). Right now I'm eating around 2500 kcals with 250g carbs, around that much in protein, and the rest fats. Here's a typical day:

1 cup egg whites
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 dry oatmeal
1 banana

200g tilapia
200g rice

200g chicken thighs
200g rice

(post workout)
200g tilapia
300g rice
8oz pineapple juice

200g tilapia
Some green veggies
1 tbsp olive oil

Of course I have a few cheat meals during the week like sushi, burritos, and ice cream

What do I have to do to get down to a solid 6%?!

Help is greatly appreciated guys.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: I don't think I know how to diet. Can someone help?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 12:01:05 AM »
Too many carbs imo..and too many cheat meals.

Cut the carbs in half. For example 200 --> 100 grms of rice and so on..also cut back the cheat meal to once a week.

Looks like a pretty clean diet.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 12:09:39 AM »
Unless you are working out hard 90 minutes or more a day, your carbs are too high.  You won't efficiently tap into fat stores with high glycogen levels.  Replace one third of your carbohydrate calories with calories from healthy fats. (almond butter, flax oil, olive oil, etc)  
If you insist on having that amount of carbs then have them but only on workout days, and reduce them by two thirds on non workout days.  Cheat meals should be limited to once a week at most and should be the last meal of the day.  

For me personally, my body responds well to cycling calories and carbs every third day and then every fourth day, and repeating this cycle.  i.e Wednesdays and Sundays I lower my calories and carbs by about 25% to shock the metabolism and keep the body from going into a rut.  

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 12:20:32 AM »
Unless you are working out hard 90 minutes or more a day, your carbs are too high.  You won't efficiently tap into fat stores with high glycogen levels.  Replace one third of your carbohydrate calories with calories from healthy fats. (almond butter, flax oil, olive oil, etc)  
If you insist on having that amount of carbs then have them but only on workout days, and reduce them by two thirds on non workout days.  Cheat meals should be limited to once a week at most and should be the last meal of the day.  

For me personally, my body responds well to cycling calories and carbs every third day and then every fourth day, and repeating this cycle.  i.e Wednesdays and Sundays I lower my calories and carbs by about 25% to shock the metabolism and keep the body from going into a rut.  

What do u think is more effective, keeping my first the same on my 4 workout days and lowering carbs by 2/3 on non workout days, or should I just replace 1/3 carbs with fats and eat the same everyday?

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 08:28:51 AM »
Replacing one third of your carbs with healthy fats should get you out of your rut.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 08:49:56 PM »
For the most part, your diet looks okay for someone who is trying to get to where you are now.  Beyond that, you really have to reign it in and go basically Atkins/almost keto-ish.  Depending on how structured you want to be, you may want to look into something like UD2 (Lyle McDonald).
:

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 04:25:24 PM »
K, well starting today, this is how my diet will look like daily

1 cup egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal (dry)
1 banana
1/2 tbsp coconut oil

200g tilapia
1 tbsp olive oil

200g chicken thighs
200g rice

200g tilapia
275g rice

200g tilapia
1 tbsp olive oil

This comes out to 83 fat, 167 carb, 255 protein, and 2409 kcals.

Monday is my arms day so I will cheat then. Should I just limit it to one cheat meal at the end of the day, or use this day as a high carb day?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 11:37:04 AM »
Lots of rice. Unless you are asian or indian cut some out.  Use brown rice and less of it  or sub it with a Quinoa pasta or sweet potatoes.  But you are eating about 500grams of rice a day, that's like 2000 calories in carbs.  Need to cut that way down.

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »
Lots of rice. Unless you are asian or indian cut some out.  Use brown rice and less of it  or sub it with a Quinoa pasta or sweet potatoes.  But you are eating about 500grams of rice a day, that's like 2000 calories in carbs.  Need to cut that way down.

475g rice = 134g of carbs so about 618 kcals

But sure, I'll sub in some sweet potatoes instead.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 07:09:17 AM »
475g rice = 134g of carbs so about 618 kcals

But sure, I'll sub in some sweet potatoes instead.

That's still a lot of carbs and cals for someone dieting down.  Remember, calories in vs. calories out.  You can eat super clean but if you are taking in 3000 calories and only burning 2800 calories where do you think those other 200 calories go?

Either add in a second session of cardio and stick to your current diet or cut out half those carbs and reduce your diet by 350 calories which add up over a week and month.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 01:39:25 PM »
I would cut down the fat too. 

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »
Dude even on Tren you can do cardio, don't be a pussy just take a stationary bike.

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »
Dude even on Tren you can do cardio, don't be a pussy just take a stationary bike.

Yeah I've been doing the elliptical and stair stepper and I haven't gotten shin splints so I'm gonna stick with that.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 05:44:56 PM »
Yeah I've been doing the elliptical and stair stepper and I haven't gotten shin splints so I'm gonna stick with that.

Try HIIT cardio on a bike, 15 minutes.

2minutes warmup, then 1min superhard, one minute hard.

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »
yeah, do cardio dont be no fucking stupid perma bulker who thinks its beyond his level.

I'm not a permabulker, the only reason I didn't do cardio is because of the insane shin pumps I get from tren. Before the tren I ran up to 10 miles per week.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 11:16:45 PM »
K, well starting today, this is how my diet will look like daily

1 cup egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal (dry)
1 banana
1/2 tbsp coconut oil

200g tilapia
1 tbsp olive oil

200g chicken thighs
200g rice

200g tilapia
275g rice

200g tilapia
1 tbsp olive oil

This comes out to 83 fat, 167 carb, 255 protein, and 2409 kcals.

Monday is my arms day so I will cheat then. Should I just limit it to one cheat meal at the end of the day, or use this day as a high carb day?

The average person and their genetics require them to drop their carbs to less then 100 grams per day to get to 6%, I am sure their are some with extremely high metabolisms( good genetics) that can eat 300 grams of carbs to get them to 6% but extremely rare. Let's assume you are average, you will need to decrease the carbs to less then a 100 grams per day, if you claim that your rice equals 134 grams then the half cup of oats and the banana cannot be only 30 grams, so you are probably low balling all your calories by the looks of things,.. I would say 20 grams of carbs for a banana and 25 grams of carbs for the dry oats and your rice carbs look to be off by 10% IMO

Having said that you are closer to 200 grams of carbs, so what I would do is completely omit your last carb meal(the rice) and add some greens, something like broccoli and/or asparagus. Another change I would make is to change your dark chicken to white chicken, so replace the thigh with a breast (this will reduce some fat intake) and also add some greens to your second meal, oh and keep that banana to small sized one, I almost guarantee these changes can eventually get you to 6% bodyfat, that is the beauty of extremely low carb diets is that there is NO plateaus

Good Luck.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 07:18:16 AM »
The average person and their genetics require them to drop their carbs to less then 100 grams per day to get to 6%, I am sure their are some with extremely high metabolisms( good genetics) that can eat 300 grams of carbs to get them to 6% but extremely rare. Let's assume you are average, you will need to decrease the carbs to less then a 100 grams per day, if you claim that your rice equals 134 grams then the half cup of oats and the banana cannot be only 30 grams, so you are probably low balling all your calories by the looks of things,.. I would say 20 grams of carbs for a banana and 25 grams of carbs for the dry oats and your rice carbs look to be off by 10% IMO

Having said that you are closer to 200 grams of carbs, so what I would do is completely omit your last carb meal(the rice) and add some greens, something like broccoli and/or asparagus. Another change I would make is to change your dark chicken to white chicken, so replace the thigh with a breast (this will reduce some fat intake) and also add some greens to your second meal, oh and keep that banana to small sized one, I almost guarantee these changes can eventually get you to 6% bodyfat, that is the beauty of extremely low carb diets is that there is NO plateaus

Good Luck.
Good advice here.

Shouldn't he have a carb up day mixed in every few days though?  Obviously low glyc carbs..   just to stoke up the metabolism?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 07:21:40 AM »
Don't eat processed shit and put less food in your mouth.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »
Good advice here.

Shouldn't he have a carb up day mixed in every few days though?  Obviously low glyc carbs..   just to stoke up the metabolism?

Actually this is a good idea too, will bring his metabolism to speed and will keep him sane,... so throw a 300 gram carb day in there once a week, spread out the carbs and yes make sure they are low glycemic, I personally like to do this only once every ten days, but once a week should be OK as well.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 08:29:12 AM »
Actually this is a good idea too, will bring his metabolism to speed and will keep him sane,... so throw a 300 gram carb day in there once a week, spread out the carbs and yes make sure they are low glycemic, I personally like to do this only once every ten days, but once a week should be OK as well.

Thanks for the advice. 

I've been low carbing to lose bf too..  but i'm natural and my body has a much harder time retaining muscle than that of a user. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 08:38:40 AM »
Thanks for the advice. 

I've been low carbing to lose bf too..  but i'm natural and my body has a much harder time retaining muscle than that of a user. 

Yes certainly more discouraging as a natural sense you will be burning some muscle, but it's a great feeling getting leaner no matter what so keep going, good luck bro!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 12:18:25 PM »

Good Luck.
good advice,and after reading how you converted the carbs over u were right he's closer to 200 perday,i would say depending on how lean or on heavy training days /rotation of heavy/light workouts if one needed more fat from lean to med lean beef or as u suggested switch white meat over dark,but still eat dark meat chicken to get extra fat ,but depends on leaness of build at that point.carbs as well switch them up betwwen rice,oats,potatoes,wk to wk to kill boredom.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 12:34:40 PM »
good advice,and after reading how you converted the carbs over u were right he's closer to 200 perday,i would say depending on how lean or on heavy training days /rotation of heavy/light workouts if one needed more fat from lean to med lean beef or as u suggested switch white meat over dark,but still eat dark meat chicken to get extra fat ,but depends on leaness of build at that point.carbs as well switch them up betwwen rice,oats,potatoes,wk to wk to kill boredom.
I agree, this is key to sticking to it, have to switch protein sources and carb sources or you will go crazy

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »
When low carbing I generally just use plain instant oatmeal packets, right down the hatch with water.  Makes it easy.

So its just oatmeal (very little) and the post workout grape juice for my carb sources.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
When low carbing I generally just use plain instant oatmeal packets, right down the hatch with water.  Makes it easy.

So its just oatmeal (very little) and the post workout grape juice for my carb sources.

you can put sweetner on your oats,