Author Topic: DDDuuuhhhooo!!!!!!! Obama Bundler laid off workers in ad at the Steel Mill!  (Read 385 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Dems Attack Romney Over Layoffs Made by Obama Bundler

by Mike Flynn16 minutes ago0post a comment

Realizing that Obama's reelection is in serious jeopardy, the President's campaign today released a two-minute ad slamming Mitt Romney for layoffs made at a company controlled by Bain Capital. The ad is built around interviews with former steelworkers at GST Steel, a mill in Kansas City, who were laid off as the company collapsed in the wake of a downturn in the steel market. The ad is certainly gripping and emotional. It is also, however, completely wrong.

The company was shut down in 2001. Romney left Bain in 1999, long before the plant closing, to run Winter Olympics. Two years is an eternity in the business world. Blaming Romney for decisions made two years after the left the company is at best disingenuous.

However, there was a political power-player serving as a director of Bain at the time of the company's bankruptcy and layoffs--Jonathan Lavine. Lavine joined Bain in 1993. He is currently Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer. He is also a major bundler for Barack Obama, raising between $100-200k for the his reelection. While we don't know the specific role Lavine had in decisions regarding the bankrupt company, he certainly had more influence than someone who had left Bain two years before.

Perhaps Obama should use some of Lavine's donations to help the steelworkers featured in his ad. 

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/14/Dem-ad-attacks-romney-for-layoffs-made-by-obama-bundler?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BigGovernment+%28Big+Government%29&utm_content=FaceBook

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
HEHEHEHEH!!!

So it was an Obama supporter who was in the position of leadership when the company went bankrupt. Amateur hour at the Obama re-election headquarters.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
HEHEHEHEH!!!

So it was an Obama supporter who was in the position of leadership when the company went bankrupt. Amateur hour at the Obama re-election headquarters.

They are so panicked and petrified that they are slipping and grasping at anything.   

Flailing in the wind is an understatment. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I am ready to vote against this clown. In 2008, 8 of my family members voted for this disaster. This year they are ALL voting to throw that garbage out.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I am ready to vote against this clown. In 2008, 8 of my family members voted for this disaster. This year they are ALL voting to throw that garbage out.

Thankfully none of my family members voted for this idiot. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Thankfully none of my family members voted for this idiot. 

I tried to warn them, but they would have none of it.

Now I get the pleasure of saying to them, "I told you so".

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I tried to warn them, but they would have none of it.

Now I get the pleasure of saying to them, "I told you so".
Same here.
My bullshit detector was pinging so fucking hard everytime he said anything, I told my family, you wait and see, this guy is going to be one huge blunder. He's telling everbody everything they want to hear but never actually talks about how he's going to get anything done.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
I was listening to Hugh Hewitt today, and he talked about how 2008 was basically just a time of mass hysteria that the Dems used to thier advantage, and that there is going to be a book written about it 25 years down the road or so.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!