Author Topic: The Official Getbig Soccer Championships 2012 Thread  (Read 31962 times)

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: The Official Getbig Soccer Championships 2012 Thread
« Reply #275 on: June 26, 2012, 12:47:18 PM »
That stigma, of real men play football is changing, more and more athletes are choosing soccer over football, baseball and basketball and you will see with the new academy system in place, America will start competeing better in soccer.  It will not happen over night as America has to get over that stigma of former American soccer players teaching the youth of America how to play.  The new academy system teaches the international version of the game and watch how it opens up.

And the world is getting more and more metro sexual, the time for soccer to grow is indeed now. I will never respect soccer due to the fact they're a bunch of pussy ass fakers. They fall to the ground all dramatic, the game stops because of that little turd, then he gets up like nothing happened.
?

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #276 on: June 26, 2012, 12:53:29 PM »
And the world is getting more and more metro sexual, the time for soccer to grow is indeed now. I will never respect soccer due to the fact they're a bunch of pussy ass fakers. They fall to the ground all dramatic, the game stops because of that little turd, then he gets up like nothing happened.

The NBA and NFL is getting just as bad....and the NFL with you can't hit to harm?  Everytime I cracked a running back, tightend, quarterback, wide out, it was for the letters on the back of their jersey to hit first!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: June 26, 2012, 12:58:41 PM »
The NBA and NFL is getting just as bad....and the NFL with you can't hit to harm?  Everytime I cracked a running back, tightend, quarterback, wide out, it was for the letters on the back of their jersey to hit first!

they gotta protect their players. guys are way stronger now than before, something had to give.
?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #278 on: June 26, 2012, 01:13:04 PM »
i think the rest of the world still finds it hard to believe that the usa dont 'get' football like the rest of us do
agreed but the russians invest money..

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: June 26, 2012, 01:14:38 PM »
Soccer needs more scoring. Solution? Put 2 balls on the field at once see what happens.
?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #280 on: June 26, 2012, 01:16:22 PM »
Soccer needs more scoring. Solution? Put 2 balls on the field at once see what happens.
hahaha   no but they could make the goal wider..

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: June 26, 2012, 01:18:12 PM »
hahaha   no but they could make the goal wider..

LOL! Damn net is huge as it is. But they got some pretty impressive footwork with the ball, can't deny the endurance factor as well.
?

Neptuno

• Getbig III
  • From HUELVA - SPAIN
« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2012, 04:05:42 AM »
Today, first semifinal: Portugal versus Espaņa.

One iberian nation will be in the final!
w

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2012, 04:10:17 AM »
That stigma, of real men play football is changing, more and more athletes are choosing soccer over football, baseball and basketball and you will see with the new academy system in place, America will start competeing better in soccer.  It will not happen over night as America has to get over that stigma of former American soccer players teaching the youth of America how to play.  The new academy system teaches the international version of the game and watch how it opens up.
Keep telling yourself that. We don't give a shit about soccer, and we never will. Sorry. Grass diving just makes us cringe.    ;) 

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2012, 05:36:16 AM »
Keep telling yourself that. We don't give a shit about soccer, and we never will. Sorry. Grass diving just makes us cringe.    ;) 

"You" may not give a shit about soccer, go to Livestrong Stadium in Kansas City or Dallas FC's new stadium and tell me that everyone doesn't care! This is just my opinion and you may be right, it may never catch on, but in my area, it has taken over.  Soccer fields everywhere, you drive down road and where kids were in driveway playing basketball, there are kids playing soccer? 

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #285 on: June 27, 2012, 05:45:47 AM »

yeah...soccer can be boring as hell. lol

To be honest I find all sports boring now. It's not like I get a check in the mail if a certain team wins in some sort of made up game. If I was a gambling man than I'd be more interested in them but other than that I find watching sports and getting all exited over them quite childish.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #286 on: June 27, 2012, 06:34:42 AM »
"You" may not give a shit about soccer, go to Livestrong Stadium in Kansas City or Dallas FC's new stadium and tell me that everyone doesn't care! This is just my opinion and you may be right, it may never catch on, but in my area, it has taken over.  Soccer fields everywhere, you drive down road and where kids were in driveway playing basketball, there are kids playing soccer? 
Kids play soccer because it's easy to organize, and cheap to play. Most soccer games in the big cities are anchored by fans that are ex-pats, or foreign. I'll watch it if it's on the bar tv, but usually I'll ask the tender if he can find me a ballgame. Ninety minutes to see one goal just doesn't resonate with urban Americans.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #287 on: June 27, 2012, 02:31:03 PM »
Good game between Spain and Portugal.  Wtf was Portugal thinking by putting Ronaldo last for the penalty kick?  Soccer is good when it comes to the elimination games in big tournaments.

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #288 on: June 27, 2012, 03:07:34 PM »
Classic case of the Spanish armada brutally massacring its Portuguese neighbors 0-0 in a game decided by penalty kicks.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #289 on: June 27, 2012, 03:11:04 PM »
  spain did not have a good game... and still won...that said... Germany beats them in the final...

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: June 27, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »
they were hardly massacred  ::) portugal were easily the best side during the 90.

ronaldo will rue that sweet chance he missed though. you don't get many chances against a team like spain.. the few you get have to be fucking smashed in the back of the net.

ridiculous idea to let ronaldo take his pen last. fucking stupid infact!

great game though  8)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2012, 03:30:59 PM »

ridiculous idea to let ronaldo take his pen last. fucking stupid infact!

yeah, what was the thinking behind that?

I hate the spanish....and the germans. dont care for the italians for that matter. guess its back to men in thongs  :'(

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: June 27, 2012, 03:37:26 PM »

yeah, what was the thinking behind that?

I hate the spanish....and the germans. dont care for the italians for that matter. guess its back to men in thongs  :'(

i think maybe some glory hunting on ol ronnies part  :-\

Neptuno

• Getbig III
  • From HUELVA - SPAIN
« Reply #293 on: June 27, 2012, 04:02:36 PM »
  spain did not have a good game... and still won...

RIGHT

Germany beats them in the final...

WRONG

VAMOS ESPAŅA!!!
w

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: June 27, 2012, 05:00:30 PM »
Kids play soccer because it's easy to organize, and cheap to play. Most soccer games in the big cities are anchored by fans that are ex-pats, or foreign. I'll watch it if it's on the bar tv, but usually I'll ask the tender if he can find me a ballgame. Ninety minutes to see one goal just doesn't resonate with urban Americans.

How is it any easier to organize or cheaper to play than basketball?  It's not.

And apparently there is nothing interesting to a game besides the goals...  ::)  I guess MMA and Boxing are even more boring than Soccer because there is only possible for one knockout.

This is the most tired explanation around.  I wasn't raised around basketball.  It looks like the most repetitive and boring sport of all time to me.  Every point looks the same.  There are no impressive baskets.

Millions of fans disagree?  Maybe it's because I don't know what to look for, and countless details go unnoticed by my inexperienced little brain.  Of course 95% of Soccer haters are too dumb to realize the same holds true for them...

I am not saying there are no problems with soccer... the biggest problem the sport faces is that, due to the difficulty of goal scoring, matches are OFTEN determined well before they are over.  No one wants to watch 35+ minutes where one team leads by 2 or 3 goals and the other gets more and more demoralized.  Well, some fans will.

Other sports have similar problems though.  The end of a basketball game is a huge clusterfuck of tactical fouling and the clock ticks by 1/2 second at a time... I don't know, maybe some people like this but I can't stand it.

I think American Football is the best sport to watch.  A lot of strategy and cool plays, incredible athletic displays, etc.  My friend thinks it's tremendously boring since the clock is stopped so often.

Anyway, it's unwise to talk about something you know nothing about.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #295 on: June 27, 2012, 05:01:49 PM »

And apparently there is nothing interesting to a game besides the goals...  ::)  I guess MMA and Boxing are even more boring than Soccer because there is only possible for one knockout.

This is the most tired explanation around.  I wasn't raised around basketball.  It looks like the most repetitive and boring sport of all time to me.  Every point looks the same.  There are no impressive baskets.

Millions of fans disagree?  Maybe it's because I don't know what to look for, and countless details go unnoticed by my inexperienced little brain.  Of course 95% of Soccer haters are too dumb to realize the same holds true for them...

I am not saying there are no problems with soccer... the biggest problem the sport faces is that, due to the difficulty of goal scoring, matches are OFTEN determined well before they are over.  No one wants to watch 35+ minutes where one team leads by 2 or 3 goals and the other gets more and more demoralized.  Well, some fans will.

Other sports have similar problems though.  The end of a basketball game is a huge clusterfuck of tactical fouling and the clock ticks by 1/2 second at a time... I don't know, maybe some people like this but I can't stand it.

I think American Football is the best sport to watch.  A lot of strategy and cool plays, incredible athletic displays, etc.  My friend thinks it's tremendously boring since the clock is stopped so often.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #296 on: June 27, 2012, 05:36:26 PM »

Blah. Blah. Blah. Hey, we could not care less about soccer. Deal with it.

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #297 on: June 27, 2012, 10:16:44 PM »
Blah. Blah. Blah. Hey, we could not care less about soccer. Deal with it.

who's we?

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Deal with that.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: June 27, 2012, 10:31:26 PM »
who's we?

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Deal with that.

Again, it's popular as they don't have the choice in poor ass countries to play football if they wanted to.

It also fits the buids of the people in those countries. They're small, tiny... Not built for basketball or even less football.

Deal with that, lol...
?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #299 on: June 28, 2012, 12:09:50 AM »
Whats soccer?