Author Topic: Who Hasn't Worked for VKM  (Read 10587 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Who Hasn't Worked for VKM
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 06:24:56 PM »
Sad.  Remembering Ole as one half of the Minnesotta Wrecking Crew as a small child, and then an original Horseman get obliterated when I think of what a total jerk/incompetent goof he is.

Was the Minnesota Wrecking Crew comprised of multiple members? I could have sworn that was the name of Mike Enos and Wayne Bloom (who went to the WWF as The Beverly Brothers).

BTW, you just have to LOVE that shopping-mall-department-store entrance music they had. But, their finisher, the Beverly Bomb, was vicious.

Note at the very end, the LAST issue of WBF magazine, with Gary Strydom winning his second title.

It won't let me post the video, but here's the link where the Beverly Brothers almost break a guy's neck with the Beverly Bomb.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 08:35:51 AM »
Mighty Igor and Mil Mascaras?? maybe?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »
Mighty Igor and Mil Mascaras?? maybe?

Mil Mascaras was in the 1997 Royal Rumble. He eliminated himself by jumping off the top turnbuckle onto two guys that had already been thrown out of the ring.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 10:28:10 AM »
Mil Mascaras was in the 1997 Royal Rumble. He eliminated himself by jumping off the top turnbuckle onto two guys that had already been thrown out of the ring.

geez, what a performer lol
He was so cool to watch to bad that's how they used him.

How about Chris Taylor the olympic wrestler?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 10:52:18 AM »

Was the Minnesota Wrecking Crew comprised of multiple members? I could have sworn that was the name of Mike Enos and Wayne Bloom (who went to the WWF as The Beverly Brothers).

BTW, you just have to LOVE that shopping-mall-department-store entrance music they had. But, their finisher, the Beverly Bomb, was vicious.

Note at the very end, the LAST issue of WBF magazine, with Gary Strydom winning his second title.

It won't let me post the video, but here's the link where the Beverly Brothers almost break a guy's neck with the Beverly Bomb.

It could have been.  I know back in the day Lars, Ole and Gene tagged at different times together under the name Minnesotta Wrecking crew.  Honestly don't know if others used it later.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 12:02:47 PM »
It could have been.  I know back in the day Lars, Ole and Gene tagged at different times together under the name Minnesotta Wrecking crew.  Honestly don't know if others used it later.

I found another clip, this one from WCW. It turns out Enos and Bloom wrestled as Minnesota Wrecking Crew 2, managed by Ole Anderson.

At the time, they wore masks.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2012, 03:50:30 PM »
I found another clip, this one from WCW. It turns out Enos and Bloom wrestled as Minnesota Wrecking Crew 2, managed by Ole Anderson.

At the time, they wore masks.

Good catch, I was overseas during this time and didn't see much WCW.  I always like Enos and thought he was WAY underused in the WCW when he returned.  Bloom was a solid worker too.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 05:59:13 PM »
Good catch, I was overseas during this time and didn't see much WCW.  I always like Enos and thought he was WAY underused in the WCW when he returned.  Bloom was a solid worker too.

It was probably too hard for Enos to shake the "Blake Beverly" gimmick.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 01:15:44 PM »
Enos was fired from WCW for showing up drunk and working a match on live tv while wearing white tights and going commando underneath.  Where he proceeded to jump around all over the ring and spend more time making visible "adjustments" then actually wrestling.

That being said,  look at this cool move he pulls off at 2:17 of the clip.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 02:52:18 PM »
Enos was fired from WCW for showing up drunk and working a match on live tv while wearing white tights and going commando underneath.  Where he proceeded to jump around all over the ring and spend more time making visible "adjustments" then actually wrestling.

Replace drunk w/ "soma" and it sounds like the avg Shaun Michaels match.  ;D

That was for you Monty.  ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 03:11:47 PM »
Replace drunk w/ "soma" and it sounds like the avg Shaun Michaels match.  ;D

That was for you Monty.  ;)

Thanks! :)

But, if he really wants to do the Shawn act right, he needs to bring little kids into the ring after the match and engage in a group chippendale dance. Can you believe Vince actually sat there scratching his head wondering where all of his viewers went during all of this? Then, it kills me - the people who criticize Hunter and worship HBK. ::)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 03:17:35 PM »
Actually, Shawn could revive that "pole-dancing kids" gimmick now and get major heat, what with the Sandusky trial going on!

Then, he could take on Dusty Rhodes as manager, which would be a match made in Heaven for me!

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 03:49:25 PM »

Thanks! :)

But, if he really wants to do the Shawn act right, he needs to bring little kids into the ring after the match and engage in a group chippendale dance. Can you believe Vince actually sat there scratching his head wondering where all of his viewers went during all of this? Then, it kills me - the people who criticize Hunter and worship HBK. ::)

I can't believe you are going to let him talk about HBK that way!

We always said Enos was way under-used.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 05:26:36 PM »

Don't worry about Monty.  He's still pissed that HBK turned down one of his drunken advances.  ;D

And I would bet my last dollar that it was ole Vince who came up with the dancing with kids nonsense and biker wear.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 06:22:45 PM »

Was that before or after his "Blake Beverly" stint?

If it's after, how do you make "Blake Beverly" a major player, especially as a heel? Look at Terry Taylor. Once he became the Red Rooster, his career was basically toast. No one could take Taylor seriously again. I think Enos was in the same boat.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2012, 06:11:06 AM »
Was that before or after his "Blake Beverly" stint?

If it's after, how do you make "Blake Beverly" a major player, especially as a heel? Look at Terry Taylor. Once he became the Red Rooster, his career was basically toast. No one could take Taylor seriously again. I think Enos was in the same boat.

It was after.  The avg fan of WCW during the Monday Night Wars couldn't have told you that Enos was ever even in the WWF.  They could have repackaged him and very few of the fans would have even known.  Or even work with a mask.  Of course the "smarks" would have known, but the casual fans who made up the vast majority of the paying public wouldn't have known, or cared, imo.

Even Austin after the Hollywood Blondes, which was a great team, but very corny, was able to become Stone Cold instead of "Stunning."  Average wrestling fans have VERY short memories.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2012, 06:11:30 AM »
WCW underused so many people it wasn't funny.  Basically what it came down to was politics as there were no upwards mobility for some of these guys because the old school crew wasn't giving up their spots or going to put the guy over.  Same thing happened with Mike Awesome, Steve Austin, Foley, Bret Hart when he arrived, and others.  They get stuck in the mid card status region and then there is nowhere to go but downwards as the established mid card clique won't budge an inch in helping get them elevated and accepted.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2012, 06:49:43 PM »
It was after.  The avg fan of WCW during the Monday Night Wars couldn't have told you that Enos was ever even in the WWF.  They could have repackaged him and very few of the fans would have even known.  Or even work with a mask.  Of course the "smarks" would have known, but the casual fans who made up the vast majority of the paying public wouldn't have known, or cared, imo.

I remember they tried that, making him "Mean" Mike Enos. But, the second I saw him, I thought, "That's Blake Beverly!!"

Even Austin after the Hollywood Blondes, which was a great team, but very corny, was able to become Stone Cold instead of "Stunning."  Average wrestling fans have VERY short memories.

Well, Austin had to be the "Ringmaster", before he got the "Stone Cold". Even then, he was a bit of a dud, until he lost that strap match (resulting in DiBiase leaving the WWF).

Well, he was animated for this Brother Love promo. But after a while, Dibiase did all the talking for him.