Author Topic: RAW to go to 3 hours:  (Read 7067 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
RAW to go to 3 hours:
« on: May 17, 2012, 02:47:21 PM »
John Cena has tweeted that beginning on the 1,000th episode of RAW, the show will be 3-hours long permanently.

From @JohnCena:
STARTING Monday Night July 23 @USA_NETWORK WILL BE ADDING A 3RD HOUR TO @WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW - PERMANENTLY. #3hourRaw

It had been reported WWE was going to start the Raw events 90 minutes earlier for the live crowd in July, this seems to explain why.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _

Do we really need MORE wrestling programming from WWE?
I'd much rather see them streamline their current product.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: RAW to go to 3 hours:
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 07:46:29 PM »
I think this is a bad move for them.  I don't know about anyone else, but I watch it on Sky+ now (TiVo I think in the US?), and just fast forward through all the junk/adverts.  A 3-hour show isn't going to make me watch more, it's going to make me want to skip more.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 07:53:52 PM »
I think this is a bad move for them.  I don't know about anyone else, but I watch it on Sky+ now (TiVo I think in the US?), and just fast forward through all the junk/adverts.  A 3-hour show isn't going to make me watch more, it's going to make me want to skip more.

I really expected them to improve their product and/or ratings before being granted more air-time. :-\

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 07:55:17 PM »
so more talking and constant reminders of the next pay per view is probably what they have in store. I used to record it and watch it. Took 30 minutes to watch a 2 hour show when you go through all the stupid chick fights, commercials and other crap.

Oh well, they will bank in on sponsor fee's from the show.
?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 09:50:29 PM »
John Cena has tweeted that beginning on the 1,000th episode of RAW, the show will be 3-hours long permanently.

From @JohnCena:
It had been reported WWE was going to start the Raw events 90 minutes earlier for the live crowd in July, this seems to explain why.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _

Do we really need MORE wrestling programming from WWE?
I'd much rather see them streamline their current product.

WCW did that with Nitro and it was a DISASTER!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 04:50:06 AM »
WCW did that with Nitro and it was a DISASTER!!

I'm just amazed that USA gave the okay for the change. It's been a while since Vince was the number-one rated show on cable. Apparently, the network brass is happy (or at the very least, satisfied) with the old man's program.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 10:01:02 AM »

I'm just amazed that USA gave the okay for the change. It's been a while since Vince was the number-one rated show on cable. Apparently, the network brass is happy (or at the very least, satisfied) with the old man's program.

probably didn't hurt with the return of " the rock" and brock lesnar.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 03:28:36 PM »
probably didn't hurt with the return of " the rock" and brock lesnar.

Good point.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 05:43:14 AM »
I wouldn't be suprised to see Cena come out five times per episode wearing a different colored Cenation outfit everytime. Other then being force fed Cena even more, Timmy has nothing but love for RAW turning 3.

Dude, that's actually a fantastic idea to turn him heel.
Just keep him EXACTLY as he is now, but send him out every other segment with the full intro: music, etc. Even his marks will tire of the act and turn on him. Then, he'd have all the story line motivation he needs to turn on his fans. From there, he could make a complete heel turn, or do something like Bret and Austin's characters did in the mid-90's, which was brilliant!

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 01:31:41 PM »
when wcw did that with nitro, i actually liked it,they had so much talent at the time that it seemed warranted.when vince bought wcw it ruined wrestling,and will never be the same again,unless tna eventually gives them a run for their money.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 03:06:18 PM »
when wcw did that with nitro, i actually liked it,they had so much talent at the time that it seemed warranted.when vince bought wcw it ruined wrestling,and will never be the same again,unless tna eventually gives them a run for their money.

I couldn't agree more!
IMO (and as I've mentioned before), the WWF was always at its best when it had DIRECT competition in the form of another wrestling program running head-to-head with it. Vince was FORCED to up his game. He could also learn from the mistakes of the other company. Being the only "real" show in town, complacency is much easier and Vince also has to make all of the mistakes himself.
That's why I'd really hoped that TNA would make it for a new round of "Monday Night Wars." It was a bold move and they tried it, but just weren't ready. Once again - and this is just my humble opinion - Dixie should carefully watch who she gets advice from.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 04:06:36 PM »
It will go back to 2 hrs by Jan...

Speaking of, Hornswaggle as anonymous GM....piss poor ending to this

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 04:24:13 PM »

It's often been said how Vince has liked to intentionally do certain things at the expense of the quality of his show for his own amusement. Maybe this is the old man's plan: to see how shitty he can make his show and still have a network, advertisers, buyrates, etc.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 03:31:15 AM »

Dude, that's actually a fantastic idea to turn him heel.
Just keep him EXACTLY as he is now, but send him out every other segment with the full intro: music, etc. Even his marks will tire of the act and turn on him. Then, he'd have all the story line motivation he needs to turn on his fans. From there, he could make a complete heel turn, or do something like Bret and Austin's characters did in the mid-90's, which was brilliant!

He will not go heel. Iwas listening to an interviewwith someone, WWE performer, forget which one but Cena is the Top Baby Face in the org. There is NO ONE that can take his place. Punk os a strong 2, Sheamus is not getting the Pops, Orton is a tweener...who can take the top face spot?

Lets shock the world...have Ziggler win the Money in the bank and beat Sheamus. Then a few nights later have a strong heel like SHow or someone decimate Ziggler turning him face and he is off an running.....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 03:37:40 AM »
He will not go heel. Iwas listening to an interviewwith someone, WWE performer, forget which one but Cena is the Top Baby Face in the org. There is NO ONE that can take his place.

Unfortunate and true.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »

It's often been said how Vince has liked to intentionally do certain things at the expense of the quality of his show for his own amusement. Maybe this is the old man's plan: to see how shitty he can make his show and still have a network, advertisers, buyrates, etc.
it's really lame when he adds audience response to the broadcasts. ryback comes out to thunderous noise and when you look at the crowd nobody is reacting. i guess he grew up on the laughtrack when he was a kid.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 02:34:58 PM »
it's really lame when he adds audience response to the broadcasts. ryback comes out to thunderous noise and when you look at the crowd nobody is reacting. i guess he grew up on the laughtrack when he was a kid.

That was a stunt that WCW used with ever-increasing regularity.

Is the writing finally on the wall?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 04:21:12 PM »
He will not go heel. Iwas listening to an interviewwith someone, WWE performer, forget which one but Cena is the Top Baby Face in the org. There is NO ONE that can take his place. Punk os a strong 2, Sheamus is not getting the Pops, Orton is a tweener...who can take the top face spot?

Lets shock the world...have Ziggler win the Money in the bank and beat Sheamus. Then a few nights later have a strong heel like SHow or someone decimate Ziggler turning him face and he is off an running.....

I don't think Punk is a strong #2. He's been champion 9 of the last 12 months. Yet, he can't main-event a PPV, unless Cena is involved with him.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 05:42:12 AM »
I don't think Punk is a strong #2. He's been champion 9 of the last 12 months. Yet, he can't main-event a PPV, unless Cena is involved with him.

I am repeating what the interviewer said, I need to find it but honestly, there are no strong faces but on the flip note, no real heels either....Vince neds to take the "governor" off this go kart and let these people act.... I am not saying to go back to screwing dead people but lets get risky.

He has board of directors, investors and such but don't you think it is time??

Montague

• Getbig V
Re: RAW to go back to 2 hours:
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 07:58:12 AM »

From Justin LaBar at Wrestlezone.com:

An interesting note, Comcast TV guide is listing WWE Raw to start at 9pm EST this Monday and has NCIS in the 8-9pm EST time slot.

NCIS was the show which previously aired prior to Raw.

It's worth noting that according to the ratings data in the 19 weeks Raw has aired as a three hour program since July—only one week has not seen a decline in viewership for the third hour.

credit: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/264581-wwe-raw-possibly-returning-to-two-hours