Author Topic: Why all the hype about Phils arms?  (Read 4149 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Why all the hype about Phils arms?
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 11:34:05 AM »

He was, he just had better chest insertions and squarer shoulders.

You type this frequently WTF does ' better chest insertions ' mean?  ???

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 11:42:26 AM »

His pecs are wider and more squared off.... and have a cleaner, more defined line. Phil's pecs looks almost like they ball up when he flexes them.

as far as arms, Cedric Macmillan looks insane in this pic, His arms are fucking gigantic and shredded.

Probably just the angle..his arms aren't THAT big.... but that is one impressive pic

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 11:43:24 AM »

Type what frequently?

It could mean any number of things, no gap running down the central line, thickness, clean lower pec line, width, and so on.

Phil lacks symmetry with his chest, he has lots of gaps in his muscle that doesn't look good.

He has however added a lot of thickness to his chest since he started out, so it isn't a weakness unless you are looking at it from an aesthetics perspective. Which judges don't, as you well know.
Trans Milkshake.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 11:50:39 AM »
Type what frequently?

It could mean any number of things, no gap running down the central line, thickness, clean lower pec line, width, and so on.

Phil lacks symmetry with his chest, he has lots of gaps in his muscle that doesn't look good.

He has however added a lot of thickness to his chest since he started out, so it isn't a weakness unless you are looking at it from an aesthetics perspective. Which judges don't, as you well know.
chest like arnolds and serge are ideal full and shaped to bottom and clean lines middle,bottom,top when ripped .

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »
 :o

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2012, 12:15:56 PM »

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2012, 01:01:13 PM »
I often wonder this, and i'm curios about other people, but I have an insane mind-muscle connection to my arms

I would imagine it's like that for everyone's strong bodypart, when i train my arms i can feel every single fiber in them and contract the individual heads of the muscles at will, I'm totally connected to them.

But take calves for instance, I have nowhere near that type of feel for them, is everyone like that, where you feel every little muscle fiber in your strong bodyparts, but not so much on the rest of your body?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2012, 01:28:15 PM »
I often wonder this, and i'm curios about other people, but I have an insane mind-muscle connection to my arms

I would imagine it's like that for everyone's strong bodypart, when i train my arms i can feel every single fiber in them and contract the individual heads of the muscles at will, I'm totally connected to them.

But take calves for instance, I have nowhere near that type of feel for them, is everyone like that, where you feel every little muscle fiber in your strong bodyparts, but not so much on the rest of your body?

i'm the total opposite. i could never isolate my bicep, the forearms would take over. so i ended up with shitty arms and big forearms. 

but calves, i can flex them with no weight now and they will be sore for a full week. just from intense contraction with no weight.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2012, 01:29:26 PM »
yea and they look particularly bigger when he does the hands clasped mm and his arms are wider than each side of his pecs.
a great example of how very narrow clavicles can make good arms look amazing.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2012, 01:46:25 PM »
i'm the total opposite. i could never isolate my bicep, the forearms would take over. so i ended up with shitty arms and big forearms. 

but calves, i can flex them with no weight now and they will be sore for a full week. just from intense contraction with no weight.

That's what I'm saying Haz....your strong parts are the ones you have the most "feel" in, right?

Maybe cuz more muscle fibers ?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2012, 03:27:01 PM »

Agree I feel my bicep tremendously when training them ... Calves I feel the pain (lactic acid buildup) but not that mind muscle connection
choice is an illusion

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 03:55:39 PM »

Yep. For as long as I remember I would sit as a young teen on long journeys tensing different parts of my arms. My limbs in general including shoulders I can get a great contraction with no weight at all.