Author Topic: Bugatti Veyron vs Lamborghini Aventador vs Lexus LFA vs McLaren  (Read 9699 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Bugatti Veyron vs Lamborghini Aventador vs Lexus LFA vs McLaren
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 08:32:59 AM »
Waste of money vs. Waste of money vs. Waste of Money.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 11:10:50 AM »
Veyron is just a fucking MONSTER and it would be rapped by the Underground Racing TTG

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 11:30:21 AM »
sick cars

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 12:35:13 PM »
Veyron is just a fucking MONSTER and it would be rapped by the Underground Racing TTG

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
And then that car will break down...Damn near everything on the Veyron is certified to go 250+ and not break down. And it has special tires made for it...tires that the TT G doesn't have---because all that thing is a "because I can't get the Veyron". Over 1,000 hp and no changes to bodywork (wider wheel wells to accommodate wider rubber needed to put all that hp and torque to the road---oh my bad, the tires are specifically made for the Veyron. Impressive, as is their 700 hp 458, but anybody can turbocharge a car and create big hp, just look at all those 1,000 hp Supra a few yrs back...this is the same trend, except their using exotics.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 12:44:08 PM »
I want this

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 12:57:11 PM »
I want this

contact SMM/OMRB, thru his connections, you may not just be able to get that, but the driver as well.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 01:04:01 PM »
contact SMM/OMRB, thru his connections, you may not just be able to get that, but the driver as well.

Holy shit ,  is that Melao with the Brasilian flag ?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 01:56:02 PM »
Damn 16 Cylinders 4 turbos on the Bugatti  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »
Damn 16 Cylinders 4 turbos on the Bugatti  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Yes.. thats exactly what it has... 4 turbos... Super Chargers are a thing of the past.. they give more hp but strain the tranny and motor for that matter...

I just got a 1988 Camaro RS... its a 2.8 but tuesday im throwing 2 turbo chargers with a front mounter intercooler...ON TUESDAY BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS . As well as a shift chip.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 02:48:34 PM »
And then that car will break down...Damn near everything on the Veyron is certified to go 250+ and not break down. And it has special tires made for it...tires that the TT G doesn't have---because all that thing is a "because I can't get the Veyron". Over 1,000 hp and no changes to bodywork (wider wheel wells to accommodate wider rubber needed to put all that hp and torque to the road---oh my bad, the tires are specifically made for the Veyron. Impressive, as is their 700 hp 458, but anybody can turbocharge a car and create big hp, just look at all those 1,000 hp Supra a few yrs back...this is the same trend, except their using exotics.

Who said it will break down? Underground does a 2/24K year warranty on their kits , what other tunner stands behind their products like that? and the Veyron needs special tires because of the weight of the car at a price of $40K not so much because of the speed , the TTG have done 250MPH at the Texas mile using off the rack P-zeros

Check this video 239MPH of off the rack street tires

And the TTG have no problem putting the power-to-the-pavement AWD boost controlled by gear no you get the maximum traction , these TTG will absolutely destroy any Veyron 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 02:50:48 PM »
fuck, the lambo does the quartermile in 10.6@133 :o

thats not much slower than 1000cc bikes :o

9.1@169MPH with a soft launch , this car is already in the 8s

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 02:55:51 PM »
Cool vid.  8)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 03:18:28 PM »
Yes.. thats exactly what it has... 4 turbos... Super Chargers are a thing of the past.. they give more hp but strain the tranny and motor for that matter...

I just got a 1988 Camaro RS... its a 2.8 but tuesday im throwing 2 turbo chargers with a front mounter intercooler...ON TUESDAY BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS . As well as a shift chip.

rip that POS 2.8L out and throw in FI 5.7, then start thinking about turbos. 2.8 GM sucks, get rid of it while you still can. Besides why would you want a Camaro without a V8? just wrong..

Bugatti is fast but so hideous, sounds awful too. Funny car on pump gas rapes it. Lambo has way more sex appeal to me.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 03:31:12 PM »
rip that POS 2.8L out and throw in FI 5.7, then start thinking about turbos. 2.8 GM sucks, get rid of it while you still can. Besides why would you want a Camaro without a V8? just wrong..

Bugatti is fast but so hideous, sounds awful too. Funny car on pump gas rapes it. Lambo has way more sex appeal to me.

Well i thought the same thing... but i have a caddilac truck that guzzles gas like no ones business... so i wanted a cheap beater that i still enjoyed driving... thats the only reason i got the 2.8.... i wanted the z28 but i figured it would defeat the purpose of being the gas saver

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »
Well i thought the same thing... but i have a caddilac truck that guzzles gas like no ones business... so i wanted a cheap beater that i still enjoyed driving... thats the only reason i got the 2.8.... i wanted the z28 but i figured it would defeat the purpose of being the gas saver

Twin turbos on a 2.8 would probably be just as bad on gas as a V8LT/LS1  :-\

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »

you think? What about 1?

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 05:51:47 PM »

i have had a couple cars with turbo...overall it increases gas mileage unless you are heavy on the throttle...many guys have taken their v8 mustangs in to get turbos and drove home getting over 30mpg with 600hp...someday the auto makers will get a fucking clue and turbo everything(ford is starting to get it)...a 4cyl turbo minivan would be much more efficient than v6, you have the power when you need it and just a little 4 banger when you don't

a single turbo is much better for overall power adder...twins are better for getting a lot of boost at low rpm

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 05:22:28 PM »
Who said it will break down? Underground does a 2/24K year warranty on their kits , what other tunner stands behind their products like that? and the Veyron needs special tires because of the weight of the car at a price of $40K not so much because of the speed , the TTG have done 250MPH at the Texas mile using off the rack P-zeros

Check this video 239MPH of off the rack street tires

And the TTG have no problem putting the power-to-the-pavement AWD boost controlled by gear no you get the maximum traction , these TTG will absolutely destroy any Veyron 

I'd say Hennessey has a better warranty, as he is now a manufacturer, not someone who puts kits
[/youtube]

bottomline, the Bug and Lambo are under VW, but come auction and resale time, nobody is going to pay big money for a TT Gallardo, but they will for the Bug...so in the end, class rapes crass...
Size, shape, symmetry over "all drugs", everytime. ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 05:32:27 PM »
I'd say Hennessey has a better warranty, as he is now a manufacturer, not someone who puts kits
[/youtube]

bottomline, the Bug and Lambo are under VW, but come auction and resale time, nobody is going to pay big money for a TT Gallardo, but they will for the Bug...so in the end, class rapes crass...
Size, shape, symmetry over "all drugs", everytime. ;D

John Hennessey has a shady past , and he does put kits together what do you think the Venom is? a Lotus with a stretched wheel base and Chevy V8 and two turbos

No one will pay big money for a TTG? define big money? they sell for about $250K that's big money , Veyrons will always demand a premium for a reason , but as far as speed it doesn't compete with the TTG

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 06:23:43 PM »
John Hennessey has a shady past , and he does put kits together what do you think the Venom is? a Lotus with a stretched wheel base and Chevy V8 and two turbos

No one will pay big money for a TTG? define big money? they sell for about $250K that's big money , Veyrons will always demand a premium for a reason , but as far as speed it doesn't compete with the TTG

Top speed for Veyron SS, 260+ nobody comes close. Not even Callaway, because the Corvetter was running without it's cats when it did that 250.  What I truly give VW credit for, is making that aerodynamic brick that had crashed as a prototype, into a tour de force.
I'm not sold on UGR, they are like the performance equivalent to Mansory course, who I am, I don't have the money for nether. I wonder about the wear and tear on the engine and gearbox, 4-5 yrs from now...many of these exotics tend to drop like rocks in terms of value, especially hard driven ones, and especially modded ones, but their maintenance stays sky high.

I just think it's a trend for dudes who have the money to do that, buy not the money nor time to look for the rare Enzo, Agera, Pagani Haurya, Bug, etc, because those command premiums, and their value is in them remaining stock. Even Konig's TT F50 has to be debadged, due to Ferrari saying that anything done to engine makes it not a Ferrari anymore.
True, Hennessey has a shady past, but when Jay Leno gives you props for the Venom GT (yes a lotus Elise that has up the dosage), he must be doing something right with that car...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 06:30:33 PM »

Uh... no.
So much wrong with this statement I dont even know where to start.
Turbo's create MUCH more power, since they spool off the exhaust charge, they have much less efficiency losses (as a blower is driven off the crankshaft).

The whole tranny/motor thing may have some credence, but only because a blower will create a much broader torque band than a turbo. It will create much more power lower in the RPM range, and that will ONLY put a bigger strain on the drivetrain IF the car hooks, which, unless youre running at the track with slicks, it wont.

Shock is what breaks drivetrain parts, not power.

However, it does put a strain on the main bearings in the motor, as your going to have a large drive pulley on the snout of the crank with a ribbed belt turning a compressor. You'll have a disproportiontley high load on the front bearings. In a street motor turning low RPM though, its not going to make a difference.

All JMHO.
I wouldnt even waste the time putting turbo's on a 2.8, its a piece of crap anyway. Id rip that bitch out and put in a small block, any GM small block (LS if your good with wiring and electronics), and then put your turbo's on it.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 06:32:48 PM »

Hennessey is a shitbag, only reason he's doing ok now is because someone else owns the company and has him on a short leash.

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
I'm not real familiar with a 2.8, but if you meant a 3.8, there is little difference between it and the 5.7. 
 http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/2000_Chevrolet_Camaro.shtml

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 04:42:05 AM »
I'm not real familiar with a 2.8, but if you meant a 3.8, there is little difference between it and the 5.7. 
 http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/2000_Chevrolet_Camaro.shtml
No, he means the 2.8. It was around in the 80's. Its a turd.