Author Topic: Religion  (Read 7080 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: Religion
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 06:02:31 AM »
We don't have religion in Holland anymore, we grew up.... :D

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 06:10:52 AM »
athiesm(16%) is the fastest growing group in the US now...every religion is dropping...this is why the Catholics called a world wide alert to create a group to bring back faith in bullshit...christianity is literally dead in europe and brittian

Its a numbers game, particularly with the catholics, have large families, no birth control, tithe tithe tithe

BustinAss

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • GH is a helluva drug!
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 06:11:44 AM »
We don't have religion in Holland anymore, we grew up.... :D

Most if not all NATIONAL holidays are religious...

Religious institutions dont pay ANY taxes...

Strong hate between people of the cross and those of other religions. Strong biggotry and discrimination based on religious moral values imprented in society...

Sorry man, DUtchland is at its core a deeply christian (calvinistic) country.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 06:16:22 AM »
you would hate toronto ;)

Great city!

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 06:51:29 AM »
You can believe in God without being inevitably stuck to the principles of your religion. :)

BustinAss

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • GH is a helluva drug!
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 08:23:25 AM »
You can believe in God without being inevitably stuck to the principles of your religion. :)

Yes but according to classification even by religions themselves you are not religious. Only possibly spiritual and it all disperses like a fart in the wind where everybody believs something.

Religion has made its mark in society, politics and all other facets through strict doctrine and very clearly defined and ought to be followed rules.

This is the definition of religion.

Other then that you can believe in a rock or my SOCK (my sock is my god and everybodys god until proven wrong)!

But dont forget, if you dont believe in 'their' god you are a infidel and should be thought how to live, how to sleep, with whom, in which position, what food to eat and on what day, what to wear and even what to think (yes religion prohibites thought crime!). And you thought inception was a novel movie.....tssss...religi on has thoughts controlled for 2k years now!

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 09:39:29 AM »
2 people read the same book.

it makes one person give money to the poor and the other person kill the poor.

is the book idiotic or are the people?

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 09:55:17 AM »
Religion is a form of control.

Faith and Spirituality are something completely different and can be very, very powerful.
time under tension

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 10:44:45 AM »
As ive said before......Religion is manmade garbage. Dont need to go to sit in a building (go to Church) or read a book to believe in GOD/HIGHER POWER.  Too me, thats IMPOSED/FAKE Spirituality/beliefs.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2012, 10:51:42 AM »
The MIND is an extremely powerful thing, and Man-made religion will do ANYthing to control the mind.

Co-exist in peace and give others a helping hand when needed, that all GOD asks for.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »
Yes but according to classification even by religions themselves you are not religious. Only possibly spiritual and it all disperses like a fart in the wind where everybody believs something.

Religion has made its mark in society, politics and all other facets through strict doctrine and very clearly defined and ought to be followed rules.

This is the definition of religion.

Other then that you can believe in a rock or my SOCK (my sock is my god and everybodys god until proven wrong)!

But dont forget, if you dont believe in 'their' god you are a infidel and should be thought how to live, how to sleep, with whom, in which position, what food to eat and on what day, what to wear and even what to think (yes religion prohibites thought crime!). And you thought inception was a novel movie.....tssss...religi on has thoughts controlled for 2k years now!

Well said.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 05:56:20 PM »
True religion as an exercise for the single individual is great.
Any organized religion practiced by people of low intelligence is a crime.

BustinAss

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • GH is a helluva drug!
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 08:26:52 PM »
True religion as an exercise for the single individual is great.
Any organized religion practiced by people of low intelligence is a crime.

BRAVO!

Short and sweet (thats what she said!)!

True 112%!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2012, 09:05:12 PM »
Great to see all of you theologians have it all figured out. Carry on.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2012, 09:42:22 PM »
You're a Mormon, right?

G

BustinAss

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • GH is a helluva drug!
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2012, 04:31:47 AM »

Religion deludes the mind and preys on the weak.

By-passes logic and rational thinking and goes directly to emotional levels.

Reigion feels good for most but so does cocaine.

Thats not any reason to respect it!

Religion has poisoned and destroyed much of which I care for: equallity, reason, compassion, incourages blind stubbornness, progress, thirst for facts and knowledge, has perverted the spiritual, deleted the need for arguments, claims knowledge of which there is no proof, claims things which are more then absurd and still claims them after being proven wrong, and most importantly indoctrinates those who cant think independently yet, namely children

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2012, 10:42:54 AM »

Religion has poisoned and destroyed much of which I care for: equallity, reason, compassion, incourages blind stubbornness, progress, thirst for facts and knowledge, has perverted the spiritual, deleted the need for arguments, claims knowledge of which there is no proof, claims things which are more then absurd and still claims them after being proven wrong, and most importantly indoctrinates those who cant think independently yet, namely children
YUP.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2012, 12:48:12 PM »

Whatever you say chief. like i said, you atheists have it all figured out........because its worked out so well in the past.

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2012, 01:36:51 PM »
The concept we call "religion" was a way of life in the past.
The problem is this way of life became an obligation to applicate traditions from thousands years ago without reflection only because God was involved.
But religion was a good thing at his time.
For exemple, the Sabbat of the Jews was not imposed by God to give superficial restrictions to  the people. In reality, Sabbat was created for workers to give them a rest day and to be sure employers don't give them tasks like carring multiple things, a lot of rules like don't care something or don't light fire were added.
3000 years ago people worked 7days out of 7, a lot of them were slaves, there was no right for the employees. So religion was a great progress at this time eventhough this example of rite is useless today.

Finaly, the real problem is religious people don't try to reflect about the sense of their life and understand why they do things. That's why religion is  never reformed, never evolve and is the origin of conflicts...
 :)

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »
Religion is for the sheep of the world.
T

BustinAss

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • GH is a helluva drug!
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2012, 09:07:17 AM »
Whatever you say chief. like i said, you atheists have it all figured out........because its worked out so well in the past.

Tell me more about what you really mean.

Religion has been nothing but a opressor of people for centuries now.

Science, logic and rational thinking have shown to be WAY better ways for human race to live. WAY!

Show me 1 example of what a religious person can do because of his religion and a atheist cant!

I dont understand HOW people can believe in something that has never been proven.

My SOCK is the one and only god of everything. There is no greater or more just God then my SOCK!

Prove my sock is not God!

When you POVE it we can talk!

Before I hope you understand the stupidity in believing something so clearly made up!

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2012, 12:20:03 PM »
150 yrs from now we all laugh at those people in the past that believed in that crapp....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2012, 01:00:24 PM »
Tell me more about what you really mean.

Religion has been nothing but a opressor of THE MIND for centuries now.

Science, logic and rational thinking have shown to be WAY better ways for human race to live. WAY!

Show me 1 example of what a religious person can do because of his religion and a atheist cant!

I dont understand HOW people can believe in something that has never been proven.

My SOCK is the one and only god of everything. There is no greater or more just God then my SOCK!

When you POVE it we can talk!

Before I hope you understand the stupidity in believing something so clearly made up!
Fixed. ;)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2012, 05:37:15 PM »
Atheists don't pretend to know the answer.

That's what religions do.

G

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 02:14:17 PM »

Are you a Hurricane Beef gimmick ;D
R