Author Topic: Coconut water  (Read 3204 times)

SuperMike3288

• Getbig III
  • Up, up, and away!
Coconut water
« on: November 01, 2005, 03:30:52 PM »
I read a couple articles on the benefits of coconut water (not juice, but water from the unripe green coconut). Does anyone here drink or atest to the benefits of coconut water? Just wondering.
Intensity; the measure of man

ERIN GO BRAGH

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Coconut water
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 05:59:58 PM »
I havent tried the water but read about a study on dudes who drank the milk postworkout, and in a month they put on 9lbs of lean mass! So i tried it and got some good reasults. Give it a try and keep us posted!
Play time is over kids!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 06:25:39 PM »
Coconuts are a staple down here. We use them for everything.

They are more than food - they are also used in traditional medicine.

Coconut water is kinda just like a very weak juice. I think it's just natural sugars - no/minimal protein.

SuperMike3288

• Getbig III
  • Up, up, and away!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 06:29:02 PM »
Well I read that it had more of a regenerative property. Things like a boost in energy, fends of sickness, quicker recovery and a sped up metabolism.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 06:33:25 PM »
I have no idea about the scientific backing - but similar things are said about them here.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 08:07:06 PM »
Yea look at Samoans they are huge.  They coconuts.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 09:21:18 PM »
I read a couple articles on the benefits of coconut water (not juice, but water from the unripe green coconut). Does anyone here drink or atest to the benefits of coconut water? Just wondering.

Hi Mike,

Those of us from the tropics have known about and used coconut products as staples for thousands of years.

You'll probably be hearing more about coconut water in the future. Italian food technologist Giuseppe Amoriggi recently developed & patented a cold sterilization process method that allows for the bottling of coconut water without any flavour loss or nutrition loss. This should open up a whole new category in the functional beverage market, as well as new segments, as people outside of the tropics come to appreciate the benefits of coconut water as well.

When you drink coconut water, what you're drinking is technically called "liquid endosperm"  :o

<lol> I knew you'd get a kick outta that.   ;D

It is good for increasing semen, and has alot of organic compounds with growth promoting properties.

It also has a number of medicinal properties as well.

It is easily accepted by the body and can be used as a blood plasma substitute. It has the same level of electrolytic balance found in our blood and because of that can actually aid in the quick absorption of drugs, or be directly injected intravenously into the blood stream if necessary.

Traditionally it has been used to promote digestive or urinary tract health, and has been shown to be effective when dealing with kidney or urethral stones, or when trying to kill intestinal worms.

It's great for feeding infants who might have some sort of intestinal issues, and it's a good drink for cases of cholera.

It's also very good for rashes. When I was 8 and had chicken pox, my dad would apply the coconut water to my spots . It really took the itch out.

Overall, it's a great thing to consume, is a fabulous rehydrator, and helps to keep the body cool.

It can prove difficult to find in North America, but if your city has any "ethnic" enclaves, seek out a West Indian, Indian, Vietnamese, Phillipino or Thai grocery store, and you should be able to find some.

Hope That Helps,
w

SuperMike3288

• Getbig III
  • Up, up, and away!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 12:21:06 PM »
Thanks, that helps a lot. I heard a rumor that it can help to increase the amount of blood plasma... helping to deliver more blood into a pumped muscle??? ???

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 07:38:50 PM »
my father was told to drink coconut water daily to help with a kidney infectin he had.  It worked great for him.