Author Topic: Places to go in Ft. Myers Beach Florida?  (Read 8990 times)

gym**rat

• Getbig V
Places to go in Ft. Myers Beach Florida?
« on: May 21, 2012, 05:06:02 PM »
It is our 25th wedding anniversary in a couple weeks and my wife and I are going to Ft. Myers for the first time for 10 days. My wife's sister and her husband just bought a $1.75 million dollar house on the inlet water and we are staying there (they will not be there). Looking for input for nice places to go for dinner and sites to see. We are too fucking old to go clubbing plus neither of us drink. Any help would be appreciated.

One other question, would a true getbigger leave their loads on the sheets or should I wash them before I leave?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Places to go in Ft. Myers Beach Florida?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:14:21 PM »
why anyone would want to vacation here is beyond me lol... but since you're stuck..

http://www.bbmannpah.com/ - see if any shows are playing.
http://www.germainarena.com/ - concerts & hockey games, etc.

south cape coral has lots of live music.   north cape boring.
captiva/sanibel is quaint and clean and peaceful.
s ft myers has places like sandy parrot that have nice margaritas and fun music http://www.thesandyparrot.com/

downtown ft myers sucks ass and is 2 minutes from drug town.
lehigh, just neighborhoods and drugs.
north fort myers = trashy.
bonita has the promenades- a 25 minute drive from edison mall but very nice, i'd probably go there.
avoid edison mall at all costs- fcking ghetto.
if you're from a gun friendly state, check reprocity and pack your piece here.

And ft meyrs beach is 1/2 ghetto, 1/2 nice.   Stay on the far side near Gullwing and it's cool.  Other side is the local drunks & shrimper whores.

240 or tour guide.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:42:39 PM »
why anyone would want to vacation here is beyond me lol... but since you're stuck..

http://www.bbmannpah.com/ - see if any shows are playing.
http://www.germainarena.com/ - concerts & hockey games, etc.

south cape coral has lots of live music.   north cape boring.
captiva/sanibel is quaint and clean and peaceful.
s ft myers has places like sandy parrot that have nice margaritas and fun music http://www.thesandyparrot.com/

downtown ft myers sucks ass and is 2 minutes from drug town.
lehigh, just neighborhoods and drugs.
north fort myers = trashy.
bonita has the promenades- a 25 minute drive from edison mall but very nice, i'd probably go there.
avoid edison mall at all costs- fcking ghetto.
if you're from a gun friendly state, check reprocity and pack your piece here.

And ft meyrs beach is 1/2 ghetto, 1/2 nice.   Stay on the far side near Gullwing and it's cool.  Other side is the local drunks & shrimper whores.

240 or tour guide.

Thank you 240. Great feedback. We will definitely stay away from the areas you suggested to. I wanted to take her somewhere really special but we decided to do some improvements to the house and save some money by going to their house. The house itself is freaking awesome by the pictures. Has an elevator in it, and a killer bar area on the back side next to the water.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 06:08:25 PM »
Thank you 240. Great feedback. We will definitely stay away from the areas you suggested to. I wanted to take her somewhere really special but we decided to do some improvements to the house and save some money by going to their house. The house itself is freaking awesome by the pictures. Has an elevator in it, and a killer bar area on the back side next to the water.

youre on the beach, so you can avoid ft myers the whole week :)  take estero blvd straight to bonita... you'll be able to enjoy the finer things in SW Fl while avoiding the ghetto.

all kidding aside, it's nice here.  it was 99 degrees today though.  dont plan many outdoor activities from 10 am til 6 pm.   brutal heat this week. 

planet fitness just off  Ft myers beach at mcgregor/san carlos near the Super target... shopping for food at the beach publix is awful, you'll be in line forever.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 06:11:02 PM »

My thoughts exactly.  And what makes them stuck?  Sounds like they are electing to go there of their own volition.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 06:15:21 PM »
SW Florida sucks for the most part but the fact that you're staying in a really nice home, on the water make a big difference.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 06:20:40 PM »
SW Florida sucks for the most part but the fact that you're staying in a really nice home, on the water make a big difference.

Bingo! Our airfare did not cost a penny due to some Delta vouchers I had and used a few miles. This house is incredible.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 06:22:47 PM »
My thoughts exactly.  And what makes them stuck?  Sounds like they are electing to go there of their own volition.

Yea it was our choice. If you could stay on the water in what is basically a mansion for free, wouldn't you. I mean, if it was Compton or somewhere like that I probably would have passed. I just want to eat some good seafood, look at some ass in bikinis, and chill. I have been traveling for work for 7 straight weeks and need some time away.

james72766

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 06:27:57 PM »
If you want to live it up one night and have some cash to burn, I highly recommend you visit Naples (probably about an hour or so drive).

Go to LaPlaya Beach Resort for drinks. Get a table outside on the beach right before sunset. Gorgeous views.
Then drive (about 2 minutes down the street) to the Ritz Carlton on the Beach. On weekends they usually
have a jazz band. Get drinks in the lobby and just walk the grounds. It's gorgeous. You can take a walk on the beach.

Then head to downtown Naples and just walk along 5th Ave. and then 3rd street. Lots of good (albeit expensive) restaurants.
If you like seafood, Truluck's (on 4th Ave.) is great. Another good one is Sea Salt on 3rd St.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 06:32:45 PM »
On a positive note; if your girl irritates you, you can shoot her and just tell the fuzz, "I was standing my ground." They will ask you a few questions and then send you on your way.
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
On a positive note; if your girl irritates you, you can shoot her and just tell the fuzz, "I was standing my ground." They will ask you a few questions and then send you on your way.

BWAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAH

zimmerman approved

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 06:36:29 PM »
If you want to live it up one night and have some cash to burn, I highly recommend you visit Naples (probably about an hour or so drive).

Go to LaPlaya Beach Resort for drinks. Get a table outside on the beach right before sunset. Gorgeous views.
Then drive (about 2 minutes down the street) to the Ritz Carlton on the Beach. On weekends they usually
have a jazz band. Get drinks in the lobby and just walk the grounds. It's gorgeous. You can take a walk on the beach.

Then head to downtown Naples and just walk along 5th Ave. and then 3rd street. Lots of good (albeit expensive) restaurants.
If you like seafood, Truluck's (on 4th Ave.) is great. Another good one is Sea Salt on 3rd St.

Thank you James, we have no plans all week so that sounds like a good way to burn up a day.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 06:37:26 PM »
Yea it was our choice. If you could stay on the water in what is basically a mansion for free, wouldn't you. I mean, if it was Compton or somewhere like that I probably would have passed. I just want to eat some good seafood, look at some ass in bikinis, and chill. I have been traveling for work for 7 straight weeks and need some time away.

No. Not in Fort Myers I wouldn't.  I can think of several other places I would rather be (with or without staying in a mansion). But there's no need for you to be defensive.  If that's where you have chosen to go... go and have fun!  8)

I go to Florida very regularly but Ft. Myers is never on my itinerary.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 06:40:02 PM »
I go to Florida very regularly but Ft. Myers is never on my itinerary.

240 no likey.   I have a feeling you would be a great wingman should we go out on the town.  Girls hit on you, and you pass them to me by default.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 06:44:49 PM »
240 no likey.   I have a feeling you would be a great wingman should we go out on the town.  Girls hit on you, and you pass them to me by default.

And what do I get out of this? ???  No muscle daddies are hitting on you (for you to pass on to me) so what's my motivation in this fantasy of yours?  I hear Ian lives in Bradenton, FL but he don't look like this no more.  :-[

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 06:47:32 PM »
It is our 25th wedding anniversary in a couple weeks
Congrats bud!

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 06:48:29 PM »
Thanks Bay for turning my thread into your den of tummy sticks.   ;D

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 06:49:59 PM »
Congrats bud!

Thank you very much wes. It has actually been a sweet 25 yr ride. (no pun intended) She is easy going, beautiful, caring, and puts up with my sick ass mind.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 07:09:17 PM »
Congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary!

No need to wash, before checking out, a true Getbigger would surreptitiously leave his load(s) in the choicest receptionists and maids.

If it was a maid, no problem. It is my sister in law that would have to clean up my dried up pleasure piss. I better wash them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 07:20:54 PM »
And what do I get out of this? ???  No muscle daddies are hitting on you (for you to pass on to me) so what's my motivation in this fantasy of yours?  I hear Ian lives in Bradenton, FL but he don't look like this no more.  :-[

its slim pickin's down here for dudes in shape.  There were 2 of us, so i had to kill the other guy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 07:22:49 PM »
the beach is great here.  amazing scenery.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 07:26:54 PM »
Thank you very much wes. It has actually been a sweet 25 yr ride. (no pun intended) She is easy going, beautiful, caring, and puts up with my sick ass mind.
She should be nominated for sainthood!  LOL  ;D

All the best and enjoy your trip.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 07:30:03 PM »
the beach is great here.  amazing scenery.

I would tear the meat curtains off of #4. That is, if I wasn't married for 25 yrs.  :-\

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 07:32:45 PM »

Agree w/all of this except I don't know anything about La Playa Beach Resort and I don't think I've heard of Sea Salt.    

The Ritz lobby can be interesting to have a few drinks and people watch.  Also, not far from there is The Turtle Club which has very good restaurant.   Down that street ...Vanderbilt (?)  will take you in toward Mercato where we have only been once but it has a Capital Grille and a Blue Martini among other restaurants and shops.

Also, if your wife wants to shop there is a nice mall called the Waterside Shops down Tamiami Trail and a much larger mall further down (on the way to Pastrami Dan's  :D ).

There is also a nice area on Gulf Shore Blvd. N. called Venetian Village w/some cute shops and about 5 restaurants.

In addition, Naples is seamonkey friendly.

Sounds like the place you will be staying will be great...congratulations on your anniversary.

Oh yeah 240 and James......are the love bugs bad now?  When will they dissipate?

R

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »
love bugs aren't nearly as bad this year.   Dunno if global warming is killing them off or what.  Ten years ago, they were unbearable.  Lately they're a minor nuisance.