Author Topic: Old timers. Long term Users. is it worth it? How is your body now?  (Read 6036 times)

herecticx

• Getbig I
pro's con's. up's down's, high's and low's

please share your wisdom and experiences

how is your body/health now? was it worth it?

herecticx

• Getbig I
Re: Old timers. Long term Users. is it worth it? How is your body now?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 05:00:58 PM »
Your mom was worth it! Figured I'd save the rest of u guys the time and answer this myself...

(look at me im a moron seeking approval  and i just want to fit in)

go wait in the locker room bottom boy i havent finished my workout yet

:-*

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 05:26:03 PM »
Your mom was worth it! Figured I'd save the rest of u guys the time and answer this myself...

Take this somewhere else.

This board operates with respect to members.

You want to act like this, post on the G&O board.

8)

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 02:54:39 PM »
Labs every six months. If the results are good you are good. Everyones body chemistry responds to chemicals differently. Only you be be the judge of whats right for you.
T

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »
Was it worth it? So much so that I think the real question is for the naturals , Was it worth it"?... and the answere is NO

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »
Yes, worth it.  Gear is just like booze- you can use it with a measure of self-control- for your entire life and you'll be just fine. You can go nuts- and it will kill you.
a

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 04:34:12 PM »

Pro's i'm bigger and stronger than i would ever had been without them and when i started i had already trained for 6 years.

Smaller gains add up fast and if you were meant for this you don't need to mega dose. (Not counting pro's).

After 8 years of ON/OFF and from now on mostly on lower dosages health is in good shape, blood values within reason, totally worth it.

Con's, my BP used to be high as was cholesterol, not anymore, some anxiety + some smaller issues like a bit oily skin.

Sides, i think i've gotten almost every side effect in the book, but you can control them and as with everything it's use vs abuse.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 07:50:31 PM »

I've gained a ton of knowledge about how the human body and HPTA work. Gained plenty of muscle and had the best workouts of my life on AAS. Like someone said, natural training is just never the same after being on gear and you will always feel spoiled that you used AAS. If you have a goal it will help you get there faster, i've competed in bodybuilding and power lifting; have a closet full of trophies and a few swords. That's about all you will get from it financially and the chances of going pro are slim to none even for the guys who push the limits to the max.

My only lows were a few infections that thankfully went away on their own and when i came of a 4 year cycle i felt like complete shit for about 8 months, but after that my natural test came back and i felt normal again. As long as you get bloodwork done and keep the doses realistic, you shouldn't have too many issues. A few sides i got were acne, high BP, anxiety, insomnia, elevated Chol and liver values, a rug of carpet on my back and some minor hair loss. Most sides can be controlled with diet and you should do some maintenance cardio for health reasons. Always eat clean not just to stay lean, but for the sake of your health and future well being. A lot of guys brag about eating junk food on gear but forget that internal health plays the largest factor to your goals. A sick person will never make gains like a healthy person.

I'm good today, i have a long list of injuries due to pushing the limits in power lifting, but that doesn't mean it was caused by AAS, but they will make you strong enough to injure yourself more easily IMO. Today i'm a healthy man in his mid 30's with zero health issues apart from some herniated disks in my back from years of heavy lifting abuse, but again not really AAS related.

They make you feel good about yourself and can give you energy with the right compounds. Feeling better about your appearance gives you higher self esteem and can lead to a better life. This is why i think men over 40 should look into TRT. AAS are demonized and not as bad for you as many claim, but they sure as hell can hurt you if you abuse them.

If i could do it all over again, i would. I have no regrets and i'm in perfect health considering the massive amounts i used over 10 years. Always get blood work and listen to your body, if something doesn't feel right get it checked out. Don't be scared to see a Doc or ask advice from the good members of this board. Take it easy at first and slowly increase your doses, don't get all crazy and please invest in a BP monitor if you use gear, it can save you from a life of serious trouble. BP is the main side people get and ignore that leads to trouble.

Good luck and ask as many questions as you like.

8)

io856

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 08:39:07 PM »
Any sane person would see the cons of the use wayyyyyy outweighed the pros in some/most long term cases...

Not gonna go indepth but negative legal, financial, health(mental and physical), relationships effects for what?? Doesn't bother me however like any other junkie in this game  ::)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 06:30:09 AM »
Any sane person would see the cons of the use wayyyyyy outweighed the pros in some/most long term cases...

Not gonna go indepth but negative legal, financial, health(mental and physical), relationships effects for what?? Doesn't bother me however like any other junkie in this game  ::)

While i believe there is truth in your post. Many people don't have issues with realistic doses.

I have medical records over a 10 year period that show the black and white results of heavy and light AAS use.

I do know a ton of people who have had problems with abusing AAS, but it's no different from food abuse, drug abuse, sex abuse, alcohol abuse, etc. Hell i know guys who divorced their wives and sold house furniture for drag racing parts for their race car. I know Professional Architects and Engineers who use speed to work 20 hour days to make money for their family. People do crazy things for money or a hobby.

There are "junkies" in every game, even naturals abuse the shit out of supplements that can lead to health problems.

I think you should go in depth and teach us what you know.

8)

herecticx

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 06:43:43 AM »
i am not sure if i can handle the yo-yo effect (mental and physical) of coming off and on. which is why i asked these questions. if i go on i will be staying on for life, which is a huge decision for me.

herecticx

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 06:49:30 AM »
i know its a dumb question (im going to ask neway :)) but what will happen when you come off eventually?

low-t resulting in muscle loss and everything else that comes with it? would the physique end up worst then it did before the start of AAS usage? since t levels are low?

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 08:30:51 AM »
Most sides can be controlled with diet and you should do some maintenance cardio for health reasons. Always eat clean not just to stay lean, but for the sake of your health and future well being. A lot of guys brag about eating junk food on gear but forget that internal health plays the largest factor to your goals. A sick person will never make gains like a healthy person.

Thank you, I am glad someone says this.

I am sick of seeing everyone brag about eating crap and getting ripped from their tren and GH. A healthy diet will dramatically reduce long term health side effects from AAS use.
You touched on one thing that a lot of people fail to realize.... healthy food makes for a healthy person. A very healthy person will make better gains than a person eating crap.
I know GH15 minions will say they are making great gains with shit diets, but they would probably do even better with healthier food. All the acidity and inflammation from a crap diet
is not good for anything.
Cardio is vital for health. I know people get ripped without it, but that is the last reason I do cardio. BP and HR are much lower when doing consistent cardio, and it has tons of other health benefits and will also contribute to better gains from things like increased insulin sensitivity and increased mitochondria.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 08:51:46 AM »
when you fellas say "cardio" what do you mean exactly?

something like 20 min at a moderate pace 3 times a week?

shreddedtobones

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 10:05:24 AM »
Money side-effects? AAS is dirt cheap and I can juice heavily for the price of 100 dollars a month.

What?!  ???  You have some crazy connections if you can juice heavily for 100$ a month! Running a small Dbol cycle costs me like 200$ easily.  :(

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 03:11:30 PM »
Worth it.........definitely.

supertrucker212

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 05:45:32 AM »
financial side effects? Take a good look around at the early 20 somethings in your gym. The ones that are spending $100 a month or more on supplements, wear expensive workout clothes or clothes in general, Beats by Dre headphones, and dropping a $100 on a friday or saturday night at the bar or club. And there's financial effects from steroids? If you want it bad enough, (bodybuilding, whether you compete or not), you will make sacrifices. Meaning you will spend money on food and drugs and go with the $20 headphones for your iPod instead of the $200 headphones, you will wear the $10 t-shirt to the gym as oppossed to the $30 GASP tank top.

supertrucker212

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 05:47:36 AM »
What?!  ???  You have some crazy connections if you can juice heavily for 100$ a month! Running a small Dbol cycle costs me like 200$ easily.  :(

All I can say is you're getting fucked big time, but NOT in a good way

shreddedtobones

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 09:18:45 AM »
All I can say is you're getting fucked big time, but NOT in a good way

Yeah I know that. I'm trying to find alternatives.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 04:30:21 PM »

The average person would say that but not every sane person, depends on your goals in life. I think the times I have taken off where stupid, real stupid, I live better on them, never get sick, put in 60 hours at work instead of 40 and still go to gym, sleep good, more money, more power, more of everything really, no problem whatsoever so not even close to what you said. I have gotton checked and I am super healthy the Pros outweigh the cons bigtime, financial? how so? an injection daily will run you aound 30 bucks every ten days, I have dropped 300 at a bar before in a single night. And don't say wait till your older, every single mr.O is still alive, propaganda at it's finest.

whitewidow

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »
I think it is worth trying! I woudn't waste all your money on it unless you have a chance to go pro! buying steroids can get addictive! once you try one steroid you want to try them all. physically they are not addictive. If you run your cycles right you should not have any health probems. Uness you are on pro type cycles for long term periods then you might wind up in trouble.

herecticx

• Getbig I
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 05:15:06 PM »
lol in australia you cant get a decent cycle for under $1000

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 08:13:50 PM »
financial side effects? Take a good look around at the early 20 somethings in your gym. The ones that are spending $100 a month or more on supplements, wear expensive workout clothes or clothes in general, Beats by Dre headphones, and dropping a $100 on a friday or saturday night at the bar or club. And there's financial effects from steroids? If you want it bad enough, (bodybuilding, whether you compete or not), you will make sacrifices. Meaning you will spend money on food and drugs and go with the $20 headphones for your iPod instead of the $200 headphones, you will wear the $10 t-shirt to the gym as oppossed to the $30 GASP tank top.

So well said. I say this very similar things all the time.
?

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 04:13:10 AM »

Easy. Find a sugar dad or mum. You get the best of both worlds!

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »
I have done 4 cycles but this last one has been very long, First Pin was Feb 2011. Its now May 29 2012. Figure it out.60 weeks?

I started at 500mg then went to 750 and up to 1000. Doctor supported with labs. When he says back off, you back off, you dont question his logic you do as your told. Run a lower dose for a while and see what the man says.
You run proper arimidex, and find the cleanest dam gear you can.

If you have a good supply you should not pay more than 35 a bottle for good serious quality stuff. Sure you have to buy bulk, but who the fuck cares. Its better than some noob street price of 100-150.

It costs me 14 bucks a week to run 1 gram. thats only 56 bucks a month. And I dont think I am any where close to abuse yet.

Pro
I am growing
I am leaner than ever
I eat clean
I do shows
I have realistic goals, nice and slow.

Con
The stigma attached to what I do
Acne if you dont know how to control it.
no other issues as long as the doc is happy I am happy.

Now I have not been on as long as some other guys i know, but cruising at 500mg for 10 years is not uncommon.

At 37 I have also chosen never to come off, If I have to run 125mg a week later so be it, its not a big deal.