Author Topic: Paul Dillett - 1993 Arnold Classic - Video PICS!!!  (Read 18775 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Paul Dillett - 1993 Arnold Classic - Video PICS!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 09:23:50 AM »
The guy defined killer genetics as they relate to response to drugs.

Without the gear, he is nothing. But with? UNREAL.

Now his back was always a major stumbling block, for real. And his shaking while posing was epic.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 09:53:27 AM »
It wasn't genetics, it was training and posing. It is actually funny how in the relaxed poses poses, his lats flare out---he is actually wider in relaxed poses and that "arms outstretched" pose than he was when he did the lat spread.

Shawn Ray said he played around with light weights. He also seemed to lack that mind-muscle connection. And back exercises, one has to have that connection, and that squeeze...his rear delts and traps were always huge
Totally disagree here, it was 100% genetics, he didn't train his back any less intense then he trained his front, yet his front looked amazing. His back was genetically flawed, it lacked a lot of lines and the few lines he did have were very shallow, his back lacked separation and the size of certain back muscles where lagging in response to his genetic limitation, all his problems from his back where due to genetic limitations, nothing to do with training

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 11:05:02 AM »
Totally disagree here, it was 100% genetics, he didn't train his back any less intense then he trained his front, yet his front looked amazing. His back was genetically flawed, it lacked a lot of lines and the few lines he did have were very shallow, his back lacked separation and the size of certain back muscles where lagging in response to his genetic limitation, all his problems from his back where due to genetic limitations, nothing to do with training

Spot on once again , if entertaining Parker's point he would have been just as ho-hum from the front as well , genetics are the reason his back sucked and it's not so much about the width , it's about the thickness , development and outright size , he had a middleweight's back on a super heavyweight's frame his back had no depth either

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »
I always thought he lacked detail...but, I think if what you said was true, then Nasser genetically blessed with a shifty back. Nope---it was the big man's curse---only big from the front.
If you ever seen some of Dillet's back training vids---which I've only seen him do lat pull downs,  he would just go thru the motions.
He never took time to pose, flex...and even his posing he just "hit shots". When he trained his front, he was a pumper...you can get away with that with arms, chest...but with back you can't slack.

It's easy to develop your front, you know that yourself as a competitor. The big dudes only focused on the show pieces. And like I said, he was wider in his arms outstretched pose than when he did a lat spread. That shows something right there, possibly a lack of practice and mind muscle connection.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »
why he was never a Mr. O. explained in two pictures:

Yeah but he was about a million times better than Yates from the front and a 100k times better than Ronnie from the front.

Trans Milkshake.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 11:56:50 AM »
I always thought he lacked detail...but, I think if what you said was true, then Nasser genetically blessed with a shifty back. Nope---it was the big man's curse---only big from the front.
If you ever seen some of Dillet's back training vids---which I've only seen him do lat pull downs,  he would just go thru the motions.
He never took time to pose, flex...and even his posing he just "hit shots". When he trained his front, he was a pumper...you can get away with that with arms, chest...but with back you can't slack.

It's easy to develop your front, you know that yourself as a competitor. The big dudes only focused on the show pieces. And like I said, he was wider in his arms outstretched pose than when he did a lat spread. That shows something right there, possibly a lack of practice and mind muscle connection.

your on fire on this one,,,good points,,he looked insane in mags and blessed with sweep quads,narrow hip,wide shoulders,arms for days,but distracting vascularity and poor back.a freak otherwise.

ob205

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 12:05:47 PM »
Yes Nassar's back lacked detail at his bigger size, also compared to who was Mr. O at the time. 

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 12:23:52 PM »
Nassers name has been mentioned quite a few times

ND and hulkster have posted

Where's team nasser?

Change title thread now to dillet v nasser v ronnie v yates

5000 pages!

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 12:56:31 PM »

Agree 100 percent!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 12:59:02 PM »

Again it's genetics , he could have trained back with Ronnie day-in-day-out and his back would have never improved beyond what he showed

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 01:08:47 PM »
Seriously  :-\

to say any amount of posing and training could fix these after all these years is not accurate

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 01:10:19 PM »
ALL DRUGS

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 01:34:08 PM »
Dillet was a totally different specimen from the back, even his delts were void of any detail

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2012, 02:15:26 PM »

Bro, it's this simple, he has the same problem as Boyer C abs, Dillet was aware of this problem, when you are on that amount of hormones and your back doesn't grow, training harder will only make a marginal difference not a dramatic difference. Every bodybuilders have their flaws, Yates had weak Biceps, Coleman Calves, Nasser back, can these bodyparts be improved on with proper training, no, that's the way it goes.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 04:09:53 PM »
The guy defined killer genetics as they relate to response to drugs.

Without the gear, he is nothing. But with? UNREAL.

Now his back was always a major stumbling block, for real. And his shaking while posing was epic.

yeah, he could only hold the pose for a split second. you were a mag writer/editor, did you ever meet Denie? the writer for MTI?

he had an article about a how a guy could saturate his muscle with so much water that he couldn't send the electric impulse to his muscle to contract it. the article was very indepth, and i read it when i was young and didn't really understand what he was saying. i'll try to find the article.

Sumpa

• Getbig III
  • GetHUGE!
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 01:54:17 AM »
Nassers name has been mentioned quite a few times

ND and hulkster have posted

Where's team nasser?

Change title thread now to dillet v nasser v ronnie v yates

5000 pages!

We're cutting Team Dorian some slack since one of them turned out to be a latent homosexual pedophile...
Team Nasser!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012, 03:35:16 AM »
...and the rest will come out of the closet eventually too... 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012, 03:43:57 AM »
^......Yip good call Mr wanna-be Ronnie Coleman's Chocolate "love muffin"....... :-X :-X :-X

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 04:28:27 AM »
Ive always rated him as possibly the best bodybuilder that has ever lived when viewing him just standing from the front. Too many overpowering weaknesses to win the big one but  had the best legs of any black bodybuilder (Desmond Miller perhaps 2nd?).

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 06:51:06 AM »
yeah, he could only hold the pose for a split second. you were a mag writer/editor, did you ever meet Denie? the writer for MTI?

he had an article about a how a guy could saturate his muscle with so much water that he couldn't send the electric impulse to his muscle to contract it. the article was very indepth, and i read it when i was young and didn't really understand what he was saying. i'll try to find the article.
sounds interesting

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2012, 07:04:19 AM »
Bro, it's this simple, he has the same problem as Boyer C abs, Dillet was aware of this problem, when you are on that amount of hormones and your back doesn't grow, training harder will only make a marginal difference not a dramatic difference. Every bodybuilders have their flaws, Yates had weak Biceps, Coleman Calves, Nasser back, can these bodyparts be improved on with proper training, no, that's the way it goes.
We'll agree to disagree. Maybe Dillet's shoulder issues were also a contributing factor? Nerve damage from when he played in the CFL, I'd like to hear from Dillet himself on the matter.
But, Nasser's back did start to come into it's own. Just like Jay's did when he was competing against Ronnie---and then it got worse after Ronnie left...

*Also, have you seen Ronnie train calves? On one of his training vids, he is on the calve machine and trains in that quick bouncey way. Just piles on the weight and bounces up and down...most of the black dudes that I've seen with huge calves, and they were high inserted calves, they did moderate to light weight and stress the full motion, and held the positive portion of the movement...and one guy, all he did was run up and down Memorial Stadium in Baltimore, before it was torn down.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2012, 08:23:24 AM »
Again it's genetics , he could have trained back with Ronnie day-in-day-out and his back would have never improved beyond what he showed
Look at his rear delts,they are ridiculously huge! He said he had rotator cuff issues
 articles in the past which may have been a contributing factor!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2012, 11:43:47 AM »
We'll agree to disagree. Maybe Dillet's shoulder issues were also a contributing factor? Nerve damage from when he played in the CFL, I'd like to hear from Dillet himself on the matter.
But, Nasser's back did start to come into it's own. Just like Jay's did when he was competing against Ronnie---and then it got worse after Ronnie left...

*Also, have you seen Ronnie train calves? On one of his training vids, he is on the calve machine and trains in that quick bouncey way. Just piles on the weight and bounces up and down...most of the black dudes that I've seen with huge calves, and they were high inserted calves, they did moderate to light weight and stress the full motion, and held the positive portion of the movement...and one guy, all he did was run up and down Memorial Stadium in Baltimore, before it was torn down.
Fair enough, but all I am saying is at this level, the pros get told over and over what their weakness is and they have tried everything to bring up these parts training like Rocky Balboa is not going to change a bodypart at this level, at least not dramatically. Nerve Damage? are you referring to the lack of detail in his delts?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2012, 12:00:16 PM »

No, never met that dude. Bob Kennedy told me a lot about him, though. Not that I remember a lot of it.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 12:04:40 PM »
Fair enough, but all I am saying is at this level, the pros get told over and over what their weakness is and they have tried everything to bring up these parts training like Rocky Balboa is not going to change a bodypart at this level, at least not dramatically. Nerve Damage? are you referring to the lack of detail in his delts?
no, possibly nerve damage or something dealing with neurological dealing with his inability to train or hit poses---that shaking shit looks weird. I mean, we all can shake from hitting a shot, particularly arms, but his was disturbing. It looked like he labored with it.

Sometimes his delta looked highly detailed, and other times they didn't. Could it be escilene? I don't know---but we do know that Flex and Kev used tons of it back in the 90s.