Author Topic: Trayvon Martin shooting: Witnesses change stories ahead of Zimmerman trial  (Read 2698 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
why am I not suprised

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/trayvon-martin-shooting-witnesses-change-stories-ahead-zimmerman-133743219.html

Four witnesses in the Trayvon Martin case have changed their stories, some "in ways that may damage" George Zimmerman, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

According to records released last week in the second-degree murder case, the witnesses—all of them neighbors—were interviewed multiple times by police and special prosecutors about what they saw on Feb. 26, the night Zimmerman fatally shot Martin in Sanford, Fla.

Four days after the shooting, one woman told police she "saw two guys running" and then "a fistfight. Just fists. I don't know who was hitting who." But on March 20, she told investigators she saw just one person.

"I couldn't tell you if it was a man, a woman, a kid, black or white," the woman, "Witness 2," said. "I couldn't tell you because it was dark and because I didn't have my contacts on or glasses. I just know I saw a person out there."

Another witness, who was initially interviewed on March 20, said she saw two people on the ground immediately after the shooting but was not sure who was on top.

But in another interview with investigators six days later, the paper reported, she was sure: It was Zimmerman on top.

"I know after seeing the TV of what's happening, comparing their sizes, I think Zimmerman was definitely on top because of his size," the woman, "Witness 12," said.

A third witness, "Witness 6," told police on the night of the shooting that he saw a black man on top of a lighter-skinned man "just throwing down blows on the guy, MMA-style." He said the lighter-skinned man was calling for help. Interviewed later by investigators, he said he was not sure who was calling for help, and was not sure any punches were thrown.

A fourth witness also interviewed on the night of the shooting said he heard the shooting, ran outside, and saw Zimmerman standing with "blood on the back of his head." According to "Witness 13," Zimmerman told him that Martin "was beating up on me, so I had to shoot him."

A month later, the same witness described Zimmerman's demeanor: "[It was] not like 'I can't believe I just shot someone!' It was more like, 'Just tell my wife I shot somebody,' like it was nothing."

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
How does that damage Zimmerman? If anything, their testimonies are unreliable and they get tossed. The prosecution has little else to make their case.

Had they gone for manslaughter, they might have a shot. But, Murder 2? I doubt it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
How does that damage Zimmerman? If anything, their testimonies are unreliable and they get tossed. The prosecution has little else to make their case.

Had they gone for manslaughter, they might have a shot. But, Murder 2? I doubt it.

I didn't say it damaged Zimmerman nor did I ever say they would get 2nd degree murder

It just shows that these stories change and will probably keep changing right up until trial

people of this board have attempted to argue that if one witness saw Martin on top of Zimmerman than the entire case should be dismissed and we should all apologize for doubting Zimmerman

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Agree.  Doesn't hurt him.  It actually hurts the prosecution.  What reliable witness do they have who will support a murder charge? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
sounds like a lot of police telling people what they say.

And the more witnesses (that saw zimm on bottom) getting tossed, the WORSE for his cause.

Cause when you get it down to ZERO people saying who was on who... all you have is a dead kid and a guy who thought he broke into his house and pursuied him 2 blocks.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It's a shame that racist inciters have resorted to putting pressure on those witnesses. Disgusting.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
It's a shame that racist inciters have resorted to putting pressure on those witnesses. Disgusting.

how do you know it wasn't the police or racists inciters who originally forced the witnesses to create their original stories

reality is that witnesses change their stories ALL THE TIME

and when they get on the stand and start getting questioned they'll probably change them again

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Agree.  Doesn't hurt him.  It actually hurts the prosecution.  What reliable witness do they have who will support a murder charge? 

how do witnesses who once lended support to Zimmermans claims and now do not support his claims help the prosecution ?

how does that work exactly

this creates more doubt that Zimmerman is telling the truth

240 is Back

• Getbig V
how do witnesses who once lended support to Zimmermans claims and now do not support his claims help the prosecution ?

how does that work exactly

this creates more doubt that Zimmerman is telling the truth

great points.

without witnesses saying zimmerman was getitng his ass kicked, his goose is cooked.

now people are celebrating the witnesses being discredited?   now I'm starting to understand the level of dumbshittery that fell for herman cain's lies too.  I mean, "maybe he really did do nothing inappropriate for 43 years".... who the fck doesn' thave a bullshit detector?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
how do you know it wasn't the police or racists inciters who originally forced the witnesses to create their original stories

reality is that witnesses change their stories ALL THE TIME
and when they get on the stand and start getting questioned they'll probably change them again

This.
Witness' rarely ever keep the same story up until trial.
Human nature, overthinking, trying to hard to remember.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
great points.

without witnesses saying zimmerman was getitng his ass kicked, his goose is cooked.

now people are celebrating the witnesses being discredited?   now I'm starting to understand the level of dumbshittery that fell for herman cain's lies too.  I mean, "maybe he really did do nothing inappropriate for 43 years".... who the fck doesn' thave a bullshit detector?
I didnt read anywhere where he lost the witness who had him getting his ass kicked, just the one that "couldnt really tell, but after seeing the TV it had to have been Zimmerman on top".

Lulz.

FYI, those witness' will get torn apart by the defense for switching their story. Thats why it will help the prosecution.
They'll tear them up with their original statements and discredit the holy fuck out of them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I didnt read anywhere where he lost the witness who had him getting his ass kicked, just the one that "couldnt really tell, but after seeing the TV it had to have been Zimmerman on top".

Read it again:

A third witness, "Witness 6," told police on the night of the shooting that he saw a black man on top of a lighter-skinned man "just throwing down blows on the guy, MMA-style." He said the lighter-skinned man was calling for help. Interviewed later by investigators, he said he was not sure who was calling for help, and was not sure any punches were thrown.

I think a witness saying Trayvon was punching Zimmerman MMA style would be the PERFECT witness for the defense.   

But you don't, huh?   Um, okay!

240 is Back

• Getbig V

On another note, wow... Zimmerman getting his ass kicked by a 158 pound teenager... raining blows on him...

That shit is just embarassing.  He brings shame on neighborhood waatchmen everywhere.  He loses his man card.  Punked by 158 pounds.  Shit, man.  Get him a little ballerina tutu to wear to the joint.  If he's getting asswhooped by 158 pounds now, he's in for a little surprise if he sees jail time.  He better be taking kung fu now, just in case.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Read it again:

I think a witness saying Trayvon was punching Zimmerman MMA style would be the PERFECT witness for the defense.   

But you don't, huh?   Um, okay!

Im thinking the Defense is going to tear him a new asshole, is he lying in the begining? Is he lying now? What changed his mind? Why isnt he sure anymore? Is it because he cant remember clearly? Or is it because he saw the child-like face the media paraded around on the news for months afterwards?
Because generally what is written down, is the gospel. If they change it, they lost all credibility in a court of law.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Im thinking the Defense is going to tear him a new asshole, is he lying in the begining? Is he lying now? What changed his mind? Why isnt he sure anymore? Is it because he cant remember clearly? Or is it because he saw the child-like face the media paraded around on the news for months afterwards?
Because generally what is written down, is the gospel. If they change it, they lost all credibility in a court of law.

Agree.  A witness changing his or story doesn't help the prosecution because the witness loses credibility.  And the prosecution has the burden of proof.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

the prosecution would LOVE for this witness to lose all credibility in a court of law.

He practically hands the defense an acquittal.  

But 33 doesn't think this witness helps the defense.   I dunno why.  Maybe he just overlooked this particular witness.  

Beach bum said that too --

Agree.  Doesn't hurt him.  It actually hurts the prosecution.  What reliable witness do they have who will support a murder charge?  

I don't understand what you guys are saying- this witness practically CLEARS zimmerman.  Bad guy was raining blows "mma style"?  Holy shit, that's gold for the defense.

But BB agrees with 333386 that this witness being impeached somehow "hurts the prosecution".

How, bb?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
the prosecution would LOVE for this witness to lose all credibility in a court of law.

He practically hands the defense an acquittal.  

But 33 doesn't think this witness helps the defense.   I dunno why.  Maybe he just overlooked this particular witness.  

Beach bum said that too --

I don't understand what you guys are saying- this witness practically CLEARS zimmerman.  Bad guy was raining blows "mma style"?  Holy shit, that's gold for the defense.

But BB agrees with 333386 that this witness being impeached somehow "hurts the prosecution".

How, bb?
Cause theyll push that his original statement was correct and that he changed it after watching TV for months and forgetting details, thats why Police take statements THE NIGHT OF.
They'll move to keep his original statement and throw out anything different he has to say, because he either is misremembering or flat out changed his story because of outside influences (Which could very well be real, people are being threatened by others that dont think Trayvon was innocent.).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
great points.

I'm not aware the witnesses are being discarded or that anyone is celebrating

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Cause theyll push that his original statement was correct and that he changed it after watching TV for months and forgetting details, thats why Police take statements THE NIGHT OF.
They'll move to keep his original statement and throw out anything different he has to say, because he either is misremembering or flat out changed his story because of outside influences (Which could very well be real, people are being threatened by others that dont think Trayvon was innocent.).

So to be clear - you think it's better for the defense (as 33 and BB claimed) that a witness gave 2 versions of the story -

instead of just one version that has zimmerman getting his ass whooped?

???

I don't get that.   Somehow the jury would rather trust a flipflopper who doesn't remember, over a guy with golden "raining MMA blows on zimmerman" statement?

Is this just yall skipping reading this witness, and just assuming?   Cause to me, this witness is awesome for the defense.   Him suddenly not remembering hurting the prosecution?  WTF?  He practically walks zimm out of the courtroom haha.  Now he's just another dude who can't remember shit.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I'm not aware the witnesses are being discarded or that anyone is celebrating

getbiggers who love zimmerman are saying things like

Agree.  Doesn't hurt him.  It actually hurts the prosecution.

Doesn't make sense.  This guy is excellent for zimmerman - and if he can't remember who hit who, he's worthless on the stand.  TeamZImm has to be punching walls with this guy no longer useful.

How does it hurt the prosecution, beach bum?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
getbiggers who love zimmerman are saying things like

Doesn't make sense.  This guy is excellent for zimmerman - and if he can't remember who hit who, he's worthless on the stand.  TeamZImm has to be punching walls with this guy no longer useful.

How does it hurt the prosecution, beach bum?

Bums comment makes no sense

but then Bum also said Zimmerman was "correct" in profiling Martin  and that makes no sense either

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
On another note, wow... Zimmerman getting his ass kicked by a 158 pound teenager... raining blows on him...

That shit is just embarassing.  He brings shame on neighborhood waatchmen everywhere.  He loses his man card.  Punked by 158 pounds.  Shit, man.  Get him a little ballerina tutu to wear to the joint.  If he's getting asswhooped by 158 pounds now, he's in for a little surprise if he sees jail time.  He better be taking kung fu now, just in case.

Floyd Mayweather weighs 158 lb. So, that really isn't an issue.

Besides, Zimmerman doesn't look to be much bigger, anyway. People must keep thinking that Zimmerman is big, because of the media circulating those 2005 mugshots, where he's chubby.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Floyd Mayweather weighs 158 lb. So, that really isn't an issue.

Besides, Zimmerman doesn't look to be much bigger, anyway. People must keep thinking that Zimmerman is big, because of the media circulating those 2005 mugshots, where he's chubby.

we still dont know if zimmerman really got MMA'd.

Trayvon had one mark on one knuckle, right?  Weird for a big fight.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

Except for that little tidbit about Trayvon having what, 4-6 inches on Zimmerman?  ::)

17 years old is a grown man. We've all seen the pictures of these black college football recruits and most of them look like they're pushing 40.

Then again, it's funny that a big pussy like you, who won't leave your house without a gun, is talking about someone losing a fight as embarrassing. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V

Then again, it's funny that a big pussy like you, who won't leave your house without a gun, is talking about someone losing a fight as embarrassing. 

LMFAO.  Now that's a slap of truth.

240, endlessly calling this guy a bitch, is too much of a pussy to leave his mom's house without a gun.

This needs stickied.

Post of the fucking week.