Author Topic: Woooooooooooooo! Flair to return to WWE?  (Read 6213 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Woooooooooooooo! Flair to return to WWE?
« on: May 24, 2012, 04:58:27 AM »
LOP:

The general feeling within TNA is that Ric Flair will not be back. At least one top star in the company says that Flair quit and TNA is trying to make it look like it's the other way around.

Regarding a return to WWE, some in the company believe he will be brought back because of the WWE Network and because Triple H will go to bat for him to be used again. Don't expect to see Flair ever wrestle for WWE again because of the retirement stipulation.

Flair's new deal with Coca Cola for a new energy booster is said to be lucrative enough that he could leave pro wrestling and be fine. However, Flair's financial issues are likely lifelong, no matter what deal he gets. You can see two of the new commercials below:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Woooooooooooooo! Flair to return to WWE?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 06:11:02 AM »
Excellent!!
The mark in me is ECCSTATIC, and the realist in me suspected it was only a matter of time.
Ric & the Fed parted on good terms (despite Vince reportedly being a bit pissed that Ric was "wrestling" after that incredible Mania retirement send-off), and like Foley, WWE has spoken very well of Flair since his departure - even hiring on one (or two; I forget) of his kids to a developmental deal.

It's none of my business anyway, but whether Flair needs the money or not, it's hard to turn down when it's right there in front of you. In my opinion, it seems foolish NOT to capitalize on a good opportunity - especially given Flair's own "flair" for money issues in the past. Plus, I really believe that Flair genuinely LOVES the business. If he had enough dough to live 10 lifetimes as lavishly as he wished, I could easily see him staying as involved as he could in pro-wrestling just for the fun of it.

I'll always be a Ric Flair mark. I hope he does return to the Fed, and I hope they use him right!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 10:09:32 AM »
He looks like hell, physically. That man has a tremendous amount of wear on tear on his body.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
I got straight onto the phone to my best friend, hes wrestling daft also and like most a HUGE mark for Flair. We both theorised as to how he would come back with my favourite angle being Brock hammering Trip to a bloody pulp, only to be low blowed from a returning Flair that emerges from the crowd. Flair then applies the figure 4 and is somehow installed as Raw GM down the line! I am buzzing in anticipation however i am certain that, should he make a return, they will indeed wreck the occasion with p1ss poor writing

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 10:24:44 AM »
...i am certain that, should he make a return, they will indeed wreck the occasion with p1ss poor writing

We've been conditioned to expect that.

I also predict that, should he return, there is at least the possibility of "one more match."
I believe that the total number of "retirement matches" between Flair & Funk amounts to something in the double-digits. ;)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 10:32:12 AM »
whatever they do with him, I just hope they require that he keeps a shirt on at all times.
?

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 10:33:48 AM »

We've been conditioned to expect that.

I also predict that, should he return, there is at least the possibility of "one more match."
I believe that the total number of "retirement matches" between Flair & Funk amounts to something in the double-digits. ;)

Im not sure VKM will allow that after the send off he was given, one of the grandest - if not THE grandest - ive ever seen. Why put that all to waste? It would be shambolic to see him competing today even though he could still run rings around half of the "talent" on the roster, his role lies elsewhere!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 05:39:54 PM »
whatever they do with him, I just hope they require that he keeps a shirt on at all times.

Spike TV sources also report that there have been a number of requests from the network for TNA to keep Flair dressed and not have him "near nude" and bleeding at his age on TV.

;D

As much as I like Flair, I'm not sure what's left for him to do.  Train the kids backstage maybe, or out front as a manager.  But even as a manager, his speech impediment seems to be getting worse every time I see him on TV.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »
I would have him interview people like a "Pipers Pit"

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 06:13:45 PM »
There will always be a place for Ric Flair on any show.
The trick is knowing in what capacity it is best to utilize him.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »
I am the biggest Flair mark anywhere.  I think a GM role, or managing a stable would be great for him.  However, judging by his past results, I have my doubts.  The only way is to let him go, sort of like during the last stable run at TNA.  He was awesome when just given permission to say whatever he wanted given the storyline.  Feed him his lines and he is horrible.  It is like he just can't get into his character that way. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »
I am the biggest Flair mark anywhere.  I think a GM role, or managing a stable would be great for him.  However, judging by his past results, I have my doubts.  The only way is to let him go, sort of like during the last stable run at TNA.  He was awesome when just given permission to say whatever he wanted given the storyline.  Feed him his lines and he is horrible.  It is like he just can't get into his character that way. 

Didn't Flair also comment about that, saying something to the effect that, "TNA let's me be myself," or that, "TNA lets Ric Flair be Ric Flair."
That seems to be the best modus operandi.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 02:13:44 PM »

Didn't Flair also comment about that, saying something to the effect that, "TNA let's me be myself," or that, "TNA lets Ric Flair be Ric Flair."
That seems to be the best modus operandi.

I haven't heard that, but it makes perfect sense.  Some his best work in years up until the Hogan/Bischoff ere.  It was so obvious when they turned him off.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 05:43:17 AM »
Check out Charles Robinson selling the super-kick along with Flair.
He's even got Nature Boy's pattented hair-flip down! ;D

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 12:40:30 PM »
Wrestlemania 30.....Wheelchair on a Pole match...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 03:25:35 PM »
Check out Charles Robinson selling the super-kick along with Flair.
He's even got Nature Boy's pattented hair-flip down! ;D

He should...he played Flair's protege in WCW back in the 90's
A

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 03:47:41 PM »

He should...he played Flair's protege in WCW back in the 90's

"Little Naitch!"