Author Topic: A Getbigger wrecks $1.1 million worth of Supercars in Monaco  (Read 2290 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
So, a group of Getbiggers get together in Monaco (because that's what we do), and one decides that one is "all drugs"...

[/youtube]

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: A Getbigger wrecks $1.1 million worth of Supercars in Monaco
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 02:53:37 PM »
So, a group of Getbiggers get together in Monaco (because that's what we do), and one decides that one is "all drugs"...
[/youtube]

Old news , very old

and thanks for the McLaren video I just watched it , what's ironic is the car gets a rep for not having a soul  ??? 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 03:03:54 PM »
Old news , very old

and thanks for the McLaren video I just watched it , what's ironic is the car gets a rep for not having a soul  ??? 
I didn't look at the date---thought it would be better than the 2013 Viper driving in the parking lot vid (look at the related vids)

as far as the Mclaren, I can only speculate that the reason why people say it has no soul, is because of the process in which it is birthed...if you look at that entire vid, everything is quiet, cleaned (you can literally eat of the floors), no laughing, just work...like the humans are robots. It leads to a clinical experience...kinda like they have said that Japanese cars are styled without emotion...this car was birthed to do numbers, by numbers (a computer). So, you get cold hardness.
Even the computer computated the styling of the blades. There is no emotion to the styling like the 458, it has the "typical" supercar shape. It seems to have been meant to perform, but not with emotion, with flare.
And that's why the 458 keeps getting picked the best. I guess it's like Audrey Hepburn vs Marilyn Monroe---everybody would pick Marilyn, even though Audrey was a beauty in her own right, and was the better actress.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 03:07:41 PM »
I didn't look at the date---thought it would be better than the 2013 Viper driving in the parking lot vid (look at the related vids)

as far as the Mclaren, I can only speculate that the reason why people say it has no soul, is because of the process in which it is birthed...if you look at that entire vid, everything is quiet, cleaned (you can literally eat of the floors), no laughing, just work...like the humans are robots. It leads to a clinical experience...kinda like they have said that Japanese cars are styled without emotion...this car was birthed to do numbers, by numbers (a computer). So, you get cold hardness.
Even the computer computated the styling of the blades. There is no emotion to the styling like the 458, it has the "typical" supercar shape. It seems to have been meant to perform, but not with emotion, with flare.
And that's why the 458 keeps getting picked the best. I guess it's like Audrey Hepburn vs Marilyn Monroe---everybody would pick Marilyn, even though Audrey was a beauty in her own right, and was the better actress.

Yeah but they weren't basing that off of the production assembly just the ' feel ' of the car , remarkable car either way , remarkable company

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 03:19:29 PM »
Yeah but they weren't basing that off of the production assembly just the ' feel ' of the car , remarkable car either way , remarkable company
Yeah, I know...Jeremy Clarkson and Co, Tiff and 5th Gear among others. They pretty much have said that car feels "clinical", not wild child, less emotion...and even Mclaren went to fix things about the car to give it more "emotion".

But, if you look at where it was birthed...the "parents" (workers) move about in Robot fashion...Whereas Ferrari was voted one of the best places to work in Europe. Lots of light in facility, talking, trees in the plant. Open air design, no working on weekends. Plus that Italian Flare.

AMG's plant looks like a American hotrod place---although very German...remember their the ones that also make the Pagani's engines.
I think the attitude of the workers---the company, especially with small volume cars (read supercars) does have an effect on the "soul" of the car. And so does the attitude of the designers and the people who conceive (draw up, design) the car, engine..."Do we want to evoke emotion?", "Do we want a car that is just capable, and is only about numbers?", "Do we want to scare the balls off of people (Viper)?",

Calloway, in a 1996 interview on Disco channel had talked about cars designed by Committee vs those designed by A Man...the ones designed by committee tend to lack "soul", vs the ones that are not.
So, I wonder what were the stated goals (and the committee) that Mclaren had. Were certain customers demanding a less emotional car, or are they saving the emotion for the true F1 successor?

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 03:24:03 AM »
Woman driver... Nuff said.

MikMaq

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 03:49:11 AM »
Threads misleading, it should say getbiggers super car wrecked, but that okay, as it was just a spare.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 04:34:38 AM »
Wrecks?
P

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 05:07:23 AM »
That's what happens when you put a woman behind the wheel.

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 05:24:29 AM »
Woman Blond woman driver... Nuff said.

Fixed. ;D