Author Topic: RIP Steve Michalik?  (Read 36922 times)

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
RIP Steve Michalik?
« on: May 25, 2012, 03:27:57 AM »
  Saw this on Raw-Iron  and Iron age forum.... It's being reported tonight (near midnight central) by Tom Terwilliger via John Defendis that Steve Michalik has passed away .....any news????

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: RIP Steve Michalik?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 03:29:55 AM »
Nothing on CNN, must be a rumor

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 03:32:13 AM »
Shawn Perine on Iron age...... Lou Ferrigno just called to let me know that Steve Michalik passed away.......

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 03:42:16 AM »

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 03:53:44 AM »
gh from monkey brains

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 03:56:05 AM »
Wowthat sux.................dude used to train his ass off!!

RIP

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 03:57:45 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 04:01:13 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 04:02:12 AM »

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 05:19:06 AM »
I remember reading an article about this guy during my early career many, many years ago - called "Intensity or Insanity".

You should check it out, it is well worth the read, and you get an impression of how much of a nut case this guy really was.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak5.htm

The gym attendant pointed towards an area of equipment that was roped off and said, "Steve is over there training but I wouldn't bother him if I were you!" Well, Mr. Gym attendant, you're not me, I thought to myself. After all, I was an aspiring champion who had placed fifth in the recent local teenage contest and I figured that Steve would be happy to talk to me. Well, our meeting went something like this... "Hi Steve, I'm John DeFendis, and I wondered if..."

I didn't even get to finish my sentence when this hulk of a man transformed into something monstrous. I wished that I had brought along a cross or a wooden stake to drive through his heart because that would have been the only way to prevent what was about to happen next. He threw the dumbbells he was curling at my feet and started screaming hysterically, "I'm going to kill you if you don't get the hell out of here. I'll kick your ass. Get the hell out, and don't ever come near me while I'm training!"

Such a boss. 8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 05:28:53 AM »
WIKI Doesn't have it, but his official facebook does.  POSE IN PEACE.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 05:30:20 AM »
He was the original Sarcasm in the gym....LOL

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 07:47:50 AM »
Just watched this series a few weeks ago.....RIP Steve

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 07:49:32 AM »
63?  Gone too soon.  :'(

Steve Michalik, Mr. Universe 1975, shudders to recall his bad old days as a skin-popping juice pig. Anadrol, Dianabol, and other steroids had taken him to the title, but Michalik noticed that his body had begun to plateau. Upping his dosage to Presleyan proportions, he still couldn’t pack on the meat mass he craved. So he struck out for the hardcore fringe in search of the next big thing.

He found it in a monkey’s head, drinking the hormone-rich goop that flowed out of the hypothalamus gland. (It seemed like a good idea at the time.)

Michalik is the first to admit he was pretty far gone by the time he started snacking on monkey brains. When he wasn’t throwing people through windows or bashing trucks in with 300-pound railroad ties, Michalik pimped for the physician who supplied him with his precious black-market prescriptions.

Aspiring bodybuilders “had to find out sooner or later that the road to the title went through Dr. X’s office,” Michalik told the Village Voice in 1991. With the doctor’s lock on such high-end supplements as Primobolan and Parabolin, “nobody was gonna get to be competition size unless they put out for him.” In exchange for a stack of steroid scrips, Michalik brokered love connections for the doctor with a string of title hopefuls.

The doctor’s drugs were so powerful, “you felt them immediately in your muscles,” Michalik recalled.

And then there were their sexual side effects, including almost constant erections. “One of my friends, a former Mr. America, used to get so horny on tour that he’d fuck the Coke machine in his hotel,” Michalik said. “Swear to God, he’d stick his dick right in the change slot and bang it for all he was worth.”

So, in exchange for drugs, he brokered love connections for the doctor with other bodybuilders but we're supposed to believe that he didn't put out himself?  Sorry, I'm not buying that.  He put out!

We'll call it G4Roids!  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 07:52:28 AM »
The doctor’s drugs were so powerful, “you felt them immediately in your muscles,” Michalik recalled.

iinspiring.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 08:20:34 AM »
I met him a few times at a gym I used to train at where he did some personal training. Was still a big dude and was really nice.
X

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 09:50:39 AM »
 :'( shame. i crossed paths with him once at the old hess brothers store in allentown pa. he was appearing funny thing was when people asked him questions dr jules levine who was there with him would answer. i found this rather odd.
F

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 10:05:19 AM »
I'll do 80 sets for back today, in his honor.
a

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 10:16:23 AM »
Good riddance. Every interview I'd read or seen of his is full of sensationalized bullshit. He did nothing but promote ignorance and lies when it came to bodybuilding and bodybuilding drugs.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 11:51:37 AM »
rip steve,,,wild ride in 63 yrs

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 12:34:27 PM »
Good riddance. Every interview I'd read or seen of his is full of sensationalized bullshit. He did nothing but promote ignorance and lies when it came to bodybuilding and bodybuilding drugs.

That`s a great reason to wish him dead!!  :D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 12:36:19 PM »
That`s a great reason to wish him dead!!  :D

I know, right? lol. What an idiot. Like bodybuilding is that serious? lol
X

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 12:54:02 PM »
I know, right? lol. What an idiot. Like bodybuilding is that serious? lol
No shit,and I hope he rots in Hell for sensationalizing bullshit and promoting ignorance !!  LOL  :D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 02:08:58 PM »
Great proportions - R.I.P.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 03:04:36 PM »
I always heard he was a royal asshole.  When one of his "pupils" didn't win a local bodybuilding show, he'd make a real stink over the guy who won.  "The most muscular STICK!" he'd yell of the winner.

There was a dude at Ironage who was a sworn disciple of Steve, doing all of the Intensity or Insanity workouts.  He loyally stuck by Steve for a long time and never improved, dropping down to like a heavy bantam or something after many years of toiling away.  The only way he finally started to improve was to get as far the fuck away from that stupid "hurf durf 100 sets per bodypart" bullshit Steve "Anadrol?  200mg daily!" so-called "guru" as he could.

Steve was also VERY quick to blame all of his health problems on drugs.  We all know he abused the hell out of anabolics but plenty of other douchebags have used every drug in the book, been ten times the bodybuilder he was, and yet they're not pushing up daisies or suffering from horrifically bad health.

I won't even touch on his stupid surf-dumping bullshit with Defendis.  The man was crazy.  If he had family, I hope they soon come to cope with his loss.  Otherwise, who can cry or mourn someone who might tease you for doing the same?