Author Topic: RIP Steve Michalik?  (Read 37128 times)

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Re: RIP Steve Michalik?
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2012, 07:07:54 PM »

Impressive pic !

I've read about Steve SEVERAL times throughout the years. They guy was definitely a nut-job though. Made Mike Mentzer look sane ! Hahaha !

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2012, 07:10:41 PM »
  Suicide?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM »

Impressive pic !

I've read about Steve SEVERAL times throughout the years. They guy was definitely a nut-job though. Made Mike Mentzer look sane ! Hahaha !
cool pic ,,legs look swole there.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2012, 08:29:23 PM »
cool pic ,,legs look swole there.

They sure do, don't they ? Looks pretty big for a guy competing in THAT time period. Damn impressive.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2012, 08:34:47 PM »

They sure do, don't they ? Looks pretty big for a guy competing in THAT time period. Damn impressive.
dude was out there to say the least,,but he had good frame,shape,size .he took it all and then some,but he backed it up...

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »

I'm not sure about the legs in that pic.   :o

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2012, 11:23:48 PM »
He was.... a steroid abuser, who bullshited everyone all life long about a "healthy and fit lifestyle" while injecting and poping orals like candies in his closet, just like every single buffoon from his era. Great role model, a "legend" yeah  ::).

It seems he ended his life himself with a gunshot to the head.

lol.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2012, 12:14:24 AM »
Yes I've heard the same.  (Source Bob Gruskin)
Shades of Ernest Hemingway done the same thing around the same age shotgun to the head. Both crazed mofos.

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2012, 04:14:13 AM »
I'm not sure about the legs in that pic.   :o
I think the picture was photographed at an angle compressing his frame and making it look wider.Still impressive in the original though.

'American bodybuilder and 'Mr. America' Steve Michalik flexes his back muscles as comedian Joan Rivers mimics him on the set of the TV series, 'The Mike Douglas Show,' circa 1972.'

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2012, 04:16:38 AM »
A crazy mofo back in the day used to fight people on the street outside the gym a huge roid user.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2012, 06:02:38 AM »
I think the picture was photographed at an angle compressing his frame and making it look wider.Still impressive in the original though.[/i][/u][/color]

I had my doubts about the Platz level of leg development on that photo, thank you for correcting.
Michalik was about intensity and insanity. Even if half what has been written about him was true   ;D.

Still, despite his extreme training and attitude, to me he didn't seem significantly better than other top quality builders from that era.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2012, 06:26:42 AM »
Wowthat sux.................dude used to train his ass off!!

RIP

Wes, didn't Michalik give up bodybuilding quite early to pursue a career on Madison Ave? I think he had a high maintenace wife, very hard to support on a bodybuilders income. I remember reading a bit on him in Pumping Iron.  His pics in the  book were quite unimpressive, as I recall.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2012, 06:30:25 AM »
A crazy mofo back in the day used to fight people on the street outside the gym a huge roid user.

He was a great innovator on roid rages, we should thank him for being an inspiration

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2012, 06:30:50 AM »
Wes, didn't Michalik give up bodybuilding quite early to pursue a career on Madison Ave? I think he had a high maintenace wife, very hard to support on a bodybuilders income. I remember reading a bit on him in Pumping Iron.  His pics in the  book were quite unimpressive, as I recall.

I`m not really sure,but he did disappear for a while........could be because of that accident with a garbage truck or something.

His pics in the book PI were terrible................ real small looking.

On a sidenote,I never believed half of the bullshit he wrote about his gear use............just tried to be sensational and stay in the limelight IMO.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2012, 06:38:09 AM »
Pathological liar and scumbag.

STILL on anabolics to the end! Same with natural liar DeFendis.
These guys NEVER got off, just lied their face off.

Plus Michalik seems to have been a Scientologist.

Wolfsanglerune

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2012, 09:02:07 AM »
in the doc bigger,stronger,faster he makes a complete ass of himself.railing against aas.a couple in the little group hes training are obviously on.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »
No loss, by all accounts he was a huge douchebag and asshole, even in his old age - In 'the man who's arms exploded' he seemed like a pathetic lost old man who was willing to spout outrageous lies about the dangers of AAS in exchange for a few more minutes of camera time and a 3-figure paycheck

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2012, 05:02:53 PM »
in the doc bigger,stronger,faster he makes a complete ass of himself.railing against aas.a couple in the little group hes training are obviously on.

I remember seeing him in that Doc and thinking to myself, this guy has to be close to suicide because how can he live with them lies.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2012, 09:32:25 PM »
 steve would say what ever the producers of any show wanted him to say.. you want sensational? steve was your man.. he could lie with the best of them.. the guy goes and kills himself in a house were kids were playing in the next room..

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2012, 10:45:19 PM »
No loss, by all accounts he was a huge douchebag and asshole, even in his old age - In 'the man who's arms exploded' he seemed like a pathetic lost old man who was willing to spout outrageous lies about the dangers of AAS in exchange for a few more minutes of camera time and a 3-figure paycheck

Valentino is even worse in that doc.

I don't know why, but I find myself wondering what happened to that British kid who wanted to be a pro bodybuilder.

Probably dead or in jail. :(

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2012, 10:47:39 PM »
The Man Whose Arms Exploded

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2012, 02:52:14 AM »
Sad but the guy was a lunatic

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2012, 02:59:59 AM »

;D ;D ;D

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2012, 07:26:34 AM »

'American bodybuilder and 'Mr. America' Steve Michalik flexes his back muscles as comedian Joan Rivers mimics him on the set of the TV series, 'The Mike Douglas Show,' circa 1972.'

Kind of funny that Joan Rivers is the one that's still going strong.  By the way would anyone here hit it?

[/quote]

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2012, 09:01:23 AM »
that one pic of steves legs looked photoshopped, it looked likes platz,s legs :o
R