Author Topic: 23 Minutes In Hell Bill Wiess  (Read 2622 times)

John

• Getbig II
23 Minutes In Hell Bill Wiess
« on: May 27, 2012, 05:36:59 AM »
&feature=related

I saw this video about three months ago. Still not sure what to think of it but found it interesting to say the least....thought you might want to take a look.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: 23 Minutes In Hell Bill Wiess
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 07:16:42 AM »
I've actually stood in a Barnes and Noble and read about half the book.  I've watched him on tv and honestly I'm not sure what to make of him.  My first reaction was a "false prophet" kinda thing.

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 08:02:59 PM »
I've actually stood in a Barnes and Noble and read about half the book.  I've watched him on tv and honestly I'm not sure what to make of him.  My first reaction was a "false prophet" kinda thing.

I thought that too. I don't believe God would ever allow one of His children to suffer pysical pain. The bible is quite clear enough on the horrors of hell even the apostle Paul who was shown the glories of heaven didn't dare speak of what he saw. This guy tho he may have very well experienced something but I don't believe it was necessarily of God.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 03:40:05 PM »
I thought that too. I don't believe God would ever allow one of His children to suffer pysical pain. The bible is quite clear enough on the horrors of hell even the apostle Paul who was shown the glories of heaven didn't dare speak of what he saw. This guy tho he may have very well experienced something but I don't believe it was necessarily of God.

he himself was crucified and  i have a bum knee, i reject your assertion.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 07:19:27 AM »
I thought that too. I don't believe God would ever allow one of His children to suffer pysical pain.

I didn't watch the video so maybe I'm unclear re: your meaning of the above but I believe that pain can at times be a gift from God.  If you accidentally picked up a burning hot pan and didn't experience pain, how long would you hold it and how much worse would the damage to your hand be?  .....It can also indicate something is wrong within your body that you can't see and you may be able to get care for to become well again etc.
R

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »
I didn't watch the video so maybe I'm unclear re: your meaning of the above but I believe that pain can at times be a gift from God.  If you accidentally picked up a burning hot pan and didn't experience pain, how long would you hold it and how much worse would the damage to your hand be?  .....It can also indicate something is wrong within your body that you can't see and you may be able to get care for to become well again etc.

Aths and ags would simply respond that, "a perfect creator or deity with limitless power could easily design a body that experiences no pain; further, that same "god" could simply eliminate pain and suffereing altogether.  Since your god didn't do that he either can't or won't.  Either way it's no god I want to worship.  Regardless, god is a fairytale anyways." 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 12:09:13 PM »
Aths and ags would simply respond that, "a perfect creator or deity with limitless power could easily design a body that experiences no pain; further, that same "god" could simply eliminate pain and suffereing altogether.  Since your god didn't do that he either can't or won't.  Either way it's no god I want to worship.  Regardless, god is a fairytale anyways." 

Yes, that post looks familiar!
R

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 12:35:40 PM »

it makes sense.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 09:53:31 AM »
LOL. Presumably, we would spell "suffering" correctly.  ;D

I'm sure you would.  Hey, I'm just a stupid Christian that only reads the bibbel and throws holy water on siyence and pheelosophee textbooks.