Author Topic: Mayhem fired & possible Lesnar return  (Read 9004 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Mayhem fired & possible Lesnar return
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 05:07:46 AM »
C/O Yahoo

UFC president Dana White is done with Jason "Mayhem" Miller. After losing to C.B. Dollaway in a bout that was booed for being less-than-thrilling and an unknown backstage incident, White said Miller is no longer with the UFC.

White wouldn't say what the incident was except to say it was nothing physical.
"Mayhem's done. He's gone," White said, adding that the incident was "just some bulls--t that I don't want to talk about. We're on a crazy string here of dumb bulls--t."

Miller fought in the UFC early in his career but then moved to Japanese promotions and to Strikeforce. He returned to the UFC with a coaching stint on "The Ultimate Fighter" that was followed by a bad loss to Michael Bisping.

White was also not happy with Miller's playful entrances for the weigh-in and his fight. Miller brought a pink boa and boom box to the weigh-in, and wore a paper bag out to the Octagon on Saturday.

"When you get embarrassed the way he did against Michael Bisping, then you show up in that pink whatever that thing was, I'm not into that stuff," said White. "It's not my thing. I guess I don't really care if guys do it because you see it at weigh-ins all the time. Just take this thing serious. If you want to be a clown do that stuff on your reality show."

Miller is the host of MTV's Bully Beatdown, a show that allows bullied teens to get their comeuppance against their tormentors via a trained fighter. He leaves the UFC with an overall record of 23-9, and no wins in the UFC

Dana has also been commenting on the possibility of a Lesnar return after 'Mania

At the UFC 146 post-show press conference, Dana White was asked whether there was anything to Lesnar being at the show. He responded, "maybe" and smiled. White said, "He was here, I think that says it all." He said Brock Lesnar contacted him and requested to meet with him at the UFC event face to face. When asked directly if Lesnar could be returning to UFC and responded, "Possibly, yeah."

He didn't get fired....he retired after that match.  Best to do it while you still have a few marbles left.  As usual, Dana White is being a fucking prick
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »
I don't think you understand the point I was making. :-\

It had nothing to do with Mir "throwing the fight," or the fight being somehow "fixed." Mir lost anyway, and last I checked, ALL UFC fighters were on the UFC payroll. lol

I meant was that if Mir won the title, He would throw the fight for Lesnar. I'm not so sure mma is 100% legit anymore either.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »
i remember early ufc had a couple fixed fights like the oleg taktarov vs anthony macias and don frye vs mark hall 2 fights, i think zuffa is not going the route meyrowitz did with them fixes, i would hope not anyway
R

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 02:43:23 PM »
i remember early ufc had a couple fixed fights like the oleg taktarov vs anthony macias and don frye vs mark hall 2 fights, i think zuffa is not going the route meyrowitz did with them fixes, i would hope not anyway
It doesn't make sense about Brock.  Why would he only come back if Mir won the title?  Is that the only top guy that he thinks he can beat at this point?  Or would Mir have taken a huge check to lay down for Lesnar, and give him the title?