Author Topic: Intermittent Fasting - Experiences & Discussion:  (Read 34039 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
Re: Intermittent Fasting - Experiences & Discussion:
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2015, 06:17:08 PM »
My experience with IF, I was on test and mast and I ate once a day at about 7-8 at night woke up at 4 am work all day lift around 4 pm for around 8 weeks dropped from around 235 to 199 in 8 weeks when I would eat I would eat as many eggs or as much chicken as I could stomache let that settle then eat whatever else the wife cooked basically ate for an hour solid, after that ide add in meals later in the day until I was back to normal eating so I didn't rebound and look like shit. It worked but I'm never going to do it again because I was an assssssshole

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2015, 09:49:23 PM »
Intermittent fasting mixed with Keto is some of the best fat loss you'll ever experience...Not only will you be able to eat at your regular TDEE and spare muscle because you won't be using any carbs so instead of recomping you'll just be losing fat because fat stores are being used for energy and you aren't in a surplus..If you stop eating at say 6pm and wake up at 7am that is about 6 hrs of 60 cal/hr of fat burning PER DAY ALONE FROM FASTING once in ketosis <---Which will be using fat as energy itself... 60cal/hr after 7 hours because you regularly become fasted after 7 hour period.. With this system you can eat if your TDEE is 3,000 you can eat 3,000 in a 11 hr period from 7am to 6pm so you won't be starving..You'll be sparing more muscle than ever, while burning the most fat... ::)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2015, 09:24:35 PM »
i love IF....But since i had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago it isnt always easy..i was fine on IF..but now that the GB is gone i can do it for about a week and start getting abdominal pain....so i usually just do IF monday-friday...then eat 3 squars on the weekend

bench

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2015, 04:03:16 PM »
This has been an incredible diet so far
I'm more ripped than I've ever dreamed and I've done minimal cardio and no cravings
My shoulders are shredded and my lower abs are completely flat
I've got veins I've never seen before
It's amazing
w

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2015, 10:54:09 AM »
I think I need to try this after my goruck.
Y

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2015, 10:01:32 PM »
I think I need to try this after my goruck.
its worth a shot..if i were able i would do IF for the rest of my life

jjust dont think of it as a diet..cause its not...just scheduling

bench

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2015, 04:20:11 AM »
its worth a shot..if i were able i would do IF for the rest of my life

jjust dont think of it as a diet..cause its not...just scheduling

bench

Thanks - I agree with you.

Figuring out the proper time window is what would be important to me.....right now feels like the standard 12-8 feeding window would be optimal....

I guess this kills the beers after 8 though?
Y

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2015, 03:57:31 PM »
Thanks - I agree with you.

Figuring out the proper time window is what would be important to me.....right now feels like the standard 12-8 feeding window would be optimal....

I guess this kills the beers after 8 though?

You're okay up til 7:59.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2015, 05:44:51 PM »
I did IF once, ended up fatter because i wasnt counting cals. Id easily put down 4000 cals in that 4 hr window. Bullshit of a diet unless you adtual still monitor caloric intake in that window

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2015, 07:10:14 PM »
I did IF once, ended up fatter because i wasnt counting cals. Id easily put down 4000 cals in that 4 hr window. Bullshit of a diet unless you adtual still monitor caloric intake in that window
yeah the cals add up fast
U really gotta pay attention
w

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2015, 12:14:43 PM »
IF (imho) is nothing more than what Americans did about 20 years ago..re incarnated and labeled. It works imo simply because I've done it whenever I get out of control and fall off.

Growing up I was never a breakfast kid at all, so it was just called skipping breakfast but even if you ate breakfast most households shut down the kitchen around 6-8 pm. If you get up and eat around 8am there is a nice 12-14 hour window from your last meal.

If you didn't eat breakfast like me you hit about 16-20. Then you ate through that window to 6-8pm and you did it as part of normal life. Add in a gym life and you pretty much would have a nice build low to moderate bodyfat..but you weren't going to ever be a fat ass guaranteed becuase of the deficit you created for yourself in regards to cals by not being sedentary like the present sedentary lives we have.

From my own experiences up to present..whenever I've lived my life outside of the so called IF strategy I gain body fat, usually b/c I'm eating like shit, out having fun with humans and social life, my work life balance is shit, i'm not going to a gym..etc...when i'm ON and fasting 16+, half ass tracking calories/macros, do a carb backload/refeed day once a week and hit the gym 6 days week minimum lift/cardio split, ....180 degree difference, massive body fat drops, weight, I lose pretty much no muscle and I feel like an idiot for getting out of shape..but hey I got the genes to pull it off so fuck it.  ;)

Anywho...the fast food juggarnaut industry along with long work hours, lack of discipline, "it's ok to be fat" evolution, pills can fix everything, fad diets generation we live in pretty much has the average american in chains.

The average joe or jan simply needs to go back in time and restrict their feeding window, stay in their cal zones (learn to weight/track shit and prep your meals) and simply walked 6 days a week around their neighborhood...I can pretty much guarantee they'd drop insane bodyfat and lean out over a 12 week window.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2015, 09:51:19 PM »
It's shaved off about 30 pounds for me, permanently. Monday through Friday I eat Lunch and dinner ONLY. I make sure lunch is kinda small, like soup.

It's not for everyone, but it works...