Author Topic: MSNBC Host apologies for saying he's uncomfortable calling Vets Heros.  (Read 583 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
MSNBC host apologizes after saying he's 'uncomfortable' calling fallen soldiers heroes
Fox News ^ | 5/28/2012 | fox news
Posted on May 28, 2012 8:13:08 PM EDT by tobyhill

The MSNBC host, who on the eve of Memorial Day said it makes him “uncomfortable” to describe fallen soldiers as heroes, apologized Monday after outcry from a top veterans group.

"On Sunday, in discussing the uses of the word "hero" to describe those members of the armed forces who have given their lives, I don't think I lived up to the standards of rigor, respect and empathy for those affected by the issues we discuss that I've set for myself," Chris Hayes, host of "Up With Chris Hayes," said in a statement. "I am deeply sorry for that."

The comment was made while kicking off a panel discussion on his show and he noted, it's "very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words 'heroes.'"

Hayes tried to explain why that makes him uneasy: "I feel ... uncomfortable about the word hero because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war."

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
fan-fuckin-cindysheen-tastic.

that dude looks like rachel maddow on estrogen.  Worst thing on early weekend tv.  I much prefer the SportsReporters or bullshit fishing shows on sun am.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Chris Hayes like his gay pofs communist BFF ezra Klein is a perfect example of the bubble that these fucks
I've in. 

They are in manhattan while the real shit goes on in the boroughs.  Chris Hayes is a communist thug and I hope he gets ass raped by a squeegee man in the south Bronx.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Chris Hayes like his gay pofs communist BFF ezra Klein is a perfect example of the bubble that these fucks
I've in. 

They are in manhattan while the real shit goes on in the boroughs.  Chris Hayes is a communist thug and I hope he gets ass raped by a squeegee man in the south Bronx.
Homoerotic rape fantasy reported.
G

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
MSNBC host apologizes after saying he's 'uncomfortable' calling fallen soldiers heroes
Fox News ^ | 5/28/2012 | fox news
Posted on May 28, 2012 8:13:08 PM EDT by tobyhill

The MSNBC host, who on the eve of Memorial Day said it makes him “uncomfortable” to describe fallen soldiers as heroes, apologized Monday after outcry from a top veterans group.

"On Sunday, in discussing the uses of the word "hero" to describe those members of the armed forces who have given their lives, I don't think I lived up to the standards of rigor, respect and empathy for those affected by the issues we discuss that I've set for myself," Chris Hayes, host of "Up With Chris Hayes," said in a statement. "I am deeply sorry for that."

The comment was made while kicking off a panel discussion on his show and he noted, it's "very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words 'heroes.'"

Hayes tried to explain why that makes him uneasy: "I feel ... uncomfortable about the word hero because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war."

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

He said he was sorry so whats the big deal?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
He said he was sorry so whats the big deal?

He only said sorry after a huge outcry, but we all know where his sentiments are. 

MSNBC is home to a bunch of demented pofs like rev al. fat al. tingles, fat ed, madcow, etc. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
He only said sorry after a huge outcry, but we all know where his sentiments are. 

MSNBC is home to a bunch of demented pofs like rev al. fat al. tingles, fat ed, madcow, etc. 

Agree