Author Topic: Dorian Yates - 1995 Mr. Olympia - DVD PICS!!!  (Read 5158 times)

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
Dorian Yates - 1995 Mr. Olympia - DVD PICS!!!
« on: May 29, 2012, 08:50:20 AM »
After suffering a severely damaged left rotator cuff, torn left quad and a torn left bicep in 1994, Dorian was back in tip top shape for this years Mr. Olympia. Dorian had that granite look from top to bottom and his conditioning was the best we have seen in the sport at that time. As always, Dorian had the best back in the show and demolished everyone by winning with straight firsts. Was this Dorian's best ever form? Some say it is. You be the judge.

More Pics Dorian Yates 1995 Mr Olympia

Kulutues

• Getbig III
Re: Dorian Yates - 1995 Mr. Olympia - DVD PICS!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 08:55:21 AM »
no upper body, small quads/hams

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »
Chest was good that year he has stated he was able to manage his shoulder pain well during that prep.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 02:04:00 PM »
infamous lower back flab rolls/wrinkles lol
Flower Boy Ran Away

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 04:35:50 PM »

Infamous Ronnie nut hugger.  ::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 05:02:40 PM »
Youre such a tool.
Ronnie leans forward in the lat spread, pulling the skin on the lower back tight.
Dorian leans back, causing the skin to fold. Doesnt matter how low your bodyfat is, your skin still has to be able to conform to your bodies movements, and it doesnt "stretch" very well, and that means folding.

Talk about a fucking derp.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 05:05:15 PM »

Infamous lack of calves also...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 05:14:38 PM »
Looking at the texture in that lat spread pose is like looking at a slab of concrete, unfucken real, never has this been duplicated, the average gymrat can't grasp the concept of this look only the experts can and BTW Ronnie didn't have the rugged concrete look,his muscles looked more water.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 09:02:48 PM »
lol nuthuggers on the defensive hahahahahaha
Flower Boy Ran Away

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 01:13:08 AM »
Hey, don't feel bad Ronnie is still second best ;)

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 02:08:26 AM »
ronnie was awesome, especially ronnie 98

But even you have to admit dorian had a lot of strong points, he took things to a new level, and eventually ronnie stepped up and took things to a further level, size and conditioning wise. Never had the dryness of yates, but yates didn't have ronnies arms, blah blah. You get my point..

As a bbing fan you cannot refute dorian had a positive role in changing bbing ( as well as negatives ), otherwise people would be right in calling you a ronnie guy. Like you have a fetish for the guy or something.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 03:36:20 AM »
ronnie was awesome, especially ronnie 98

But even you have to admit dorian had a lot of strong points, he took things to a new level, and eventually ronnie stepped up and took things to a further level, size and conditioning wise. Never had the dryness of yates, but yates didn't have ronnies arms, blah blah. You get my point..

As a bbing fan you cannot refute dorian had a positive role in changing bbing ( as well as negatives ), otherwise people would be right in calling you a ronnie guy. Like you have a fetish for the guy or something.
Im not so sure Ronnie took things to another "Level" as in a Complete one.... Massive Size wise Yes of course and yip he had Good to Great Condition for that size, the main Difference between the 2 Yates and Coleman was Muscle Shape, Muscle Bellys, Conditioning and Skeletal structure etc...Clue Coleman no problem there with the Muscle shape and belly's and Outright size, imo Yates had a Better skeletal structure and @ his Best had a More Complete Physique and better Balance than Coleman with more Complete Conditioning to boot, the only year imo Ron could of Possibly beaten Yates was 1998 due to his Outrageous Condition with great balance and paper thin skin, Coleman took the outright "Size" Factor to another Level imo not the Complete all round Balance and conditioning of the Physique as Yates did in 1993.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 03:43:32 AM »
Im not so sure Ronnie took things to another "Level" as in a Complete one.... Massive Size wise Yes of course and yip he had Good to Great Condition for that size, the main Difference between the 2 Yates and Coleman was Muscle Shape, Muscle Bellys, Conditioning and Skeletal structure etc...Clue Coleman no problem there with the Muscle shape and belly's and Outright size, imo Yates had a Better skeletal structure and @ his Best had a More Complete Physique and better Balance than Coleman with more Complete Conditioning to boot, the only year imo Ron could of Possibly beaten Yates was 1998 due to his Outrageous Condition with great balance and paper thin skin, Coleman took the outright "Size" Factor to another Level imo not the Complete all round Balance and conditioning of the Physique as Yates did in 1993.

I agree 100%, great post!

Size wise, yes

And 98 he looked unbeatable

I'll leave the 2000 pg debate to wouldve won to ND & Hulkster

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 03:47:42 AM »
Like was pointed out before, that physique really appears carved out of granite/concrete

The man had paper thin skin, could get dry, and of course, peak in great condition/timing

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 07:38:19 AM »
Yates and Coleman ruined bodybuilding.

HTH.
Trans Milkshake.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 07:46:24 AM »
both were outstanding bbers in there own right,as stated yates structure and ability to snap/pop poses was better,coleman freakish bellies and thickness was on point,what yates had on him was apparent even now in post bbing careers is better overall structure upper to lower body advantage coleman was short torso and droopy look to shoulder and chest and now u see narrowness even though coleman is still big man ,yates looks even clothed better.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 07:58:59 AM »
Yates and Coleman ruined bodybuilding.

HTH.

In a way

But because they brought something others couldn't match, and it became all out chemical warfare trying to play catch up

In fairness, they paid their dues through hard training and through the years one can track the progression.
Yates had the genes and structure, coleman a different species

Eventually it evolved to all drugs from day 1 ala heath

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 08:05:37 AM »
a dorian quote at a gym in jersey in 94 ( no one will beat me cause they are scared to take the amount of drugs i do ) i cant say nothing more then that cause guys in black jackets and dark shades will be at my house in an hour
R

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 08:08:35 AM »
a dorian quote at a gym in jersey in 94 ( no one will beat me cause they are scared to take the amount of drugs i do ) i cant say nothing more then that cause guys in black jackets and dark shades will be at my house in an hour
he guest posed a show in jersey 92 he was frightengley huge...

jakesonyou

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 02:00:28 PM »
Those are very poor pictures of The GOAT in 95.  There are better pictures out there.  Regardless, anything to show his domination is awesome.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 04:41:34 PM »
Those are very poor pictures of The GOAT in 95.

agreed.

these pics of the goat are much better: 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away