Author Topic: What are some positive things about Barack Obama?  (Read 3152 times)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
What are some positive things about Barack Obama?
« on: May 30, 2012, 06:18:01 PM »
In the spirit of TA's post, I'd like to ask BO supporters - Democrats or otherwise - what positive features their man possesses and why he'd make a good fit for pres 2012-2016. Probably, you will need to cite features of his first administration, because his resume before that was non-existent (community organizer, single-term Senator, adjunct law teacher forced to resign his ability to practice law = prime presidential material? nah).

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: What are some positive things about Barack Obama?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 06:31:26 PM »
Uh.....

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 06:57:10 PM »
Ending the war in Iraq.

Ordering the killing of Osama bin Laden.

I'm also very proud of his advancements for the rights of gays and lesbians. In the military in particular and also simply stating that he supports same sex marriage. (I know that doesn't change any laws immediately but it sets a precedent.)

His efforts to end tax cuts for the rich. (BTW, ending tax cuts is not raising taxes, no matter how many times anyone says it.)

Also, his views and actions supporting the separation of church and state.

OK. Flame away.
G

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 07:01:35 PM »
he's not mitt romney  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 07:20:05 PM »

He didn't end the Iraq war.  It was signed in 2007 remember? 

Ending the war in Iraq.

I'm also very proud of his advancements for the rights of gays and lesbians. In the military in particular and also simply stating that he supports same sex marriage. (I know that doesn't change any laws immediately but it sets a precedent.)

His efforts to end tax cuts for the rich. (BTW, ending tax cuts is not raising taxes, no matter how many times anyone says it.)

OK. Flame away.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »
Ended the war in Iraq?  Oh brother.   ::)

He gets props for getting Bin Laden. 

I heard he apologized to Vietnam Vets on Memorial Day for the way they were treated after the war?  If that's true, he gets props for that. 

That's about it.   :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 07:36:15 PM »
Reneging on bad promises? 

Continuing the war on terror. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 07:38:08 PM »
Oh, if you want to act that way, I guess I'll have to say this.

NOT starting unnecessary wars that costs thousands of US lives and billions of dollars.
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 07:38:21 PM »
for me, knowing how much I hate him, the best thing about him is how he treats his wife and daughters.  

I give him a lot of credit for that.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 07:39:41 PM »
for me, knowing how much I hate him, the best thing about him is how he treats his wife and daughters.  

I give him a lot of credit for that.  

True.  I agree with this.  And I think he has been an absolute disaster as president. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 07:42:16 PM »
Oh, if you want to act that way, I guess I'll have to say this.

NOT starting unnecessary wars that costs thousands of US lives and billions of dollars.

Really?   How much has the wars in Yemen lybia Egypt and the Congo cost so far?   what about his escalation of the war in Afghanistan?   Over 80 percent of all us war dead have been under Bama so far.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 07:45:35 PM »

Really?   How much has the wars in Yemen lybia Egypt and the Congo cost so far?   what about his escalation of the war in Afghanistan?   Over 80 percent of all us war dead have been under Bama so far.
G

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 07:48:38 PM »

Libya was a "non kinetic" war, remember?   ::)

And don't forget Obama violated his own standard about when the CIC has the authority to order the Armed Forces into combat. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 08:06:55 PM »
he's not mitt romney  :D

hahahahhaha i actually laughed out loud.

ABMR?  hahaha

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »
hahahahhaha i actually laughed out loud.

ABMR?  hahaha

We know how you roll.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 08:11:13 PM »
Ending the war in Iraq.

OK. Flame away.
so you have social issues and following through with bush's plan in iraq?

wasnt his number one issue on the campaign trail the economy?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 08:15:21 PM »
Bush and obama - two men who have never signed an assault weapons ban.

Romney, eh...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 08:17:54 PM »
Bush and obama - two men who have never signed an assault weapons ban.

Romney, eh...

its about the economy stupid...

obama, eh...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 08:21:44 PM »
its about the economy stupid...

obama, eh...

Romney was 47th in job creation in his term as governor.  I guess he did beat 3 states.  And presidentin' is way more like being a governor, than being a venture capitalist.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 08:23:24 PM »
Romney was 47th in job creation in his term as governor.  I guess he did beat 3 states.  And presidentin' is way more like being a governor, than being a venture capitalist.
::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 08:23:50 PM »
Romney was 47th in job creation in his term as governor.  I guess he did beat 3 states.  And presidentin' is way more like being a governor, than being a venture capitalist.
how has obama done in job creation as president?

LMFAO....

spin it anyway you want dip shit, obamas record on the economy is fucking hellacious!!!

he has hindered the economy far more than he has helped.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 08:27:47 PM »
Ending the war in Iraq.

OK. Flame away.

(1) He didn't end the war in Iraq you fucking moron. The "ending" had been put into motion when Bush was still in office. For someone who is supposedly in the military, you are completely clueless.

(2) He had as much to do with killing Bin Laden as 240 or bust. Is he a viable 3rd party candidate in your book?

(3) He has done almost nothing for gays. He has changed his position 4 or 5 times in the last decade and his idiot VP forced his hand into supporting (without actually attempting to pass any legislation, so his "support" is toothless) an unpopular position-- one that even the black community finds repulsive. Ending DADT is inconsequential horseshit to most gays and most Americans-- but I suppose for homosexual soldiers such as yourself, its a monumental victory.

(4) His efforts to "end tax cuts for the rich" are so poorly conceived,  that even Obama's own cabinet members have distanced themselves from such idiotic policies. Tell me you're not referring to the Buffet rule? Oh brother.  ::)

(5) Separation between church and state?! You can't possibly be serious, so I'm not going to waste any energy explaining why your an idiot. (The fact that the catholic church is suing Obama is just happenstance).

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 08:39:06 PM »
(1) He didn't end the war in Iraq you fucking moron. The "ending" had been put into motion when Bush was still in office. For someone who is supposedly in the military, you are completely clueless.

(2) He had as much to do with killing Bin Laden as 240 or bust. Is he a viable 3rd party candidate in your book?

(3) He has done almost nothing for gays. He has changed his position 4 or 5 times in the last decade and his idiot VP forced his hand into supporting (without actually attempting to pass any legislation, so his "support" is toothless) an unpopular position-- one that even the black community finds repulsive. Ending DADT is inconsequential horseshit to most gays and most Americans-- but I suppose for homosexual soldiers such as yourself, its a monumental victory.

(4) His efforts to "end tax cuts for the rich" are so poorly conceived,  that even Obama's own cabinet members have distanced themselves from such idiotic policies. Tell me you're not referring to the Buffet rule? Oh brother.  ::)

(5) Separation between church and state?! You can't possibly be serious, so I'm not going to waste any energy explaining why your an idiot. (The fact that the catholic church is suing Obama is just happenstance).

Boom.

The smug, elitist moron who spends his time "helping others" by teaching rich, over-privileged Chinese youth the tools to better oppress the other 1+ billion people in their kleptocratic country gets smacked down again.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 08:55:01 PM »
Complete lack of leadership except saying yes to the OB raid.    That's about as positive as it gets.

PS:  33333 gets to 100K posts by November because of OB...that's Positive!   :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 10:01:04 PM »

Ouch.