Author Topic: Bill Clinton : Romney has a sterling record at Bain.  (Read 2076 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Romney had a "sterling business career"
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 03:17:32 PM »
I now openly mock and augh at people i know who voted for obama.   i literally laugh in their face now at what they have been resigned to in defending obama.    

I can't do that, because there are too many of them over here.  lol

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 03:24:19 PM »

LOL.  Bill Clinton and 15 other leading democrats disagree with you.     

so what

Unlike you I don't rely on politicians or pundits to tell me what to believe

I've told you before that I don't give a shit what any particular politician (on eiher side) believes or doesn't believe.   

I'll make up my own mind on each issue myself

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 03:26:31 PM »
I now openly mock and augh at people i know who voted for obama.   i literally laugh in their face now at what they have been resigned to in defending obama.    

which is probably one of the reasons why most people who meet you in real life think you're an asshole and I know you're actually proud of that fact so congratulations

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 03:28:51 PM »
which is probably one of the reasons why most people who meet you in real life think you're an asshole and I know you're actually proud of that fact so congratulations

I don't care - most of the leftist idiots i know really didnt want to talk to me after 2008 when i told them voting for obama would be the biggest mistake of their lives, but now its just fun to remind them how right i was and how utterly wrong and incompetent they were and are.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Bill Clinton : Romney has a sterling record at Bain.
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 03:33:43 PM »
Nah, he's busy trying to find Bain's ticker symbol.

lol   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 03:38:31 PM »
I don't care - most of the leftist idiots i know really didnt want to talk to me after 2008 when i told them voting for obama would be the biggest mistake of their lives, but now its just fun to remind them how right i was and how utterly wrong and incompetent they were and are.

again congratulations

I'm sure people love knowing that a blathering mental patient is unhappy with the choices they've made

I'm sure your disdain is a great motivation for them to want to see your point of view

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 03:40:55 PM »
again congratulations

I'm sure people love knowing that a blathering mental patient is unhappy with the choices they've made

I'm sure your disdain is a great motivation for them to want to see your point of view

Most leftists are incapable of seeing reality so it doesnt matter.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 03:51:15 PM »

Most leftists are incapable of seeing reality so it doesnt matter.    

no one "sees" reality as good as you

you're the one that knew right away that Breitbart was murdered

you're the one that knows that Obama will be forced off the ballot by the Dems

You can't expect just anyone to see things like that

Mabye you should cut the rest of us little slack for not seeing reality as clearly as you do

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 03:52:50 PM »
since were printing what clinton says he also said     November's general election, while close, would ultimately tilt for the Democratic incumbent.

"I still think the president will win by five or six points. I've always thought so," Clinton said, noting current economic conditions were driving down support for Obama in current polls.

"Still people feel uncertain," he said. "You know, when you've got a lot of people getting up in the morning, looking in the mirror, starting the day thinking 'They have failed,' that's a problem. And I think those of us who support the president have to get out there and explain what he did in rescuing the automobile industry, what he did in raising the mileage standards and the way they created 150,000 jobs."

If Obama's supporters can get that message out, Clinton said, "I think he will be just fine. And I think he will be re-elected."  ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »
The more I hear Bill Clinton's criticism of some of Obamas policies, him talking about Hilary's desire to get out of politics within the next year to rest, be closer to family and now this praise of Romney's performance at Bain, I am becoming more and more convince Clinton just does not care much for Barack Obama.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 05:11:21 PM »
The more I hear Bill Clinton's criticism of some of Obamas policies, him talking about Hilary's desire to get out of politics within the next year to rest, be closer to family and now this praise of Romney's performance at Bain, I am becoming more and more convince Clinton just does not care much for Barack Obama.

Clinton hates obama and called him a "fairy tale", "a coffee boy", "an amatuer" etc 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 06:26:32 AM »
US Already in 'Recession,' Extend Tax Cuts: Bill Clinton

Published: Tuesday, 5 Jun 2012 | 9:53 PM ET Text Size By: Jeff Cox

CNBC.com Senior Writer

Former President Bill Clinton told CNBC Tuesday that the US economy already is in a recession and urged Congress to extend all the tax cuts due to expire at the end of the year.

Getty Images
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a taped interview aired on "Closing Bell," the still-popular 42nd president called the current economic conditions a "recession"  and said overzealous Republican plans to cut the deficit threaten to plunge the country further into the debt abyss. Clinton's office released a statement after the interview.

"What I think we need to do is find some way to avoid the fiscal cliff, to avoid doing anything that would contract the economy now, and then deal with what's necessary in the long term debt-reduction plans as soon as they can, which presumably would be after the election," Clinton said.

"They will probably have to put everything off until early next year," he added. "That's probably the best thing to do right now. But the Republicans don't want to do that unless he agrees to extend the tax cuts permanently, including for upper income people, and I don't think the president should do that."

However, Clinton did say that Congress would be best off agreeing, at least for the time being, to extend all the tax cuts that are set to expire at the end of the year, including the so-called Bush tax cuts named after Clinton's successor, George W. Bush.

Those across-the-board cuts have been criticized by Democrats who say they were skewed toward upper-income earners.

To counter the cuts, President Obama proposed the Buffett Rule — which was ultimately defeated — that would have imposed a surtax on millionaires.

On tax questions in general, Clinton said it's reasonable to expect top earners to pay more and he defended the current tax structure, which he said wouldn't look so bad if the economy was doing better.

"They're still pretty low, the government spending levels. But I think they look high because there's a recession," he said. "So the taxes look lower than they really would be if we had two and half or 3 percent growth and spending is higher than it would be if we had two and a half or 3 percent growth, because there are so many people getting food stamps, so many people getting unemployment, so many people on Medicaid."

In the midst of a heated re-election campaign, Obama has faced a barrage of bad news lately, from anemic job growth and an increase in the unemployment rate  to weak factory and housing activity. First-quarter gross domestic growth  registered a meager 1.9 percent.

Like the current Oval Office resident, Clinton blamed much of the economic damage on the sovereign debt crisis  — "this European thing that's having a bigger impact than people know" — as well as politics, saying, "The thing that cost jobs here has been the Congress's policies."

Politically, Clinton has found himself in a ticklish spot lately as reports have re-emerged about his sometimes ambivalent stance toward Obama. He recently praised Republican challenger Mitt Romney's record in private equity at Bain Capital, another remark that amplified the notion that the two don't always see eye-to-eye.

Clinton said Obama is "on stronger ground" when he challenges Romney's record as governor of Massachusetts, not as a businessman at Bain.

"There's a company not doing well, that's failing, and you buy it and have to impose some economies there and cutbacks because you're trying to turn it around so it can thrive in the economy. Whether you succeed or fail, that's a good thing to do," he said. "If you go in and buy a company and intentionally load it up with debt, loot its assets and the people lose their jobs and retirements...that's a bad thing."

"So to make a judgment on that, you have to know a lot of facts about every case," Clinton added. "I just think we'd all be a lot better off if we talk about we have two people running for the president. What would they do?"

Clinton had an average approval rating of 55 percent during his two terms, compared to 49 percent for Obama, who currently is at 46 percent, according to Gallup. Clinton made no predictions about the election but he said it will be important for Obama to draw clear lines in order to win.

"The most important thing in this election is what will President Obama do and what will Gov. Romney do with the economy and how will they deal with people who disagree with them," Clinton said. "Will they be divide and conquer, or would they be, 'let's bring everyone together'?"

© 2012 CNBC.com

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 07:08:40 AM »

Really?

So you want OBL alive?
You want a fucked up economy?
You want more dead soldiers?

Just to be "right"?

FUCK you prick

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 07:08:19 PM »
Krauthammer: Let’s face it, Bill Clinton’s a double agent for the GOP
Hotair ^ | 06/06/2012 | AllahPundit
Posted on June 6, 2012 9:25:56 PM EDT by SeekAndFind

Via the Daily Caller, is he right? Before you say no, be advised that it sounds like Team Hopenchange is also starting to wonder:

A day earlier, Bill Clinton suggested that Congress should temporarily extend the tax cuts, but later in the evening a spokesman for the former president walked back his comments.

Mr. Clinton “doesn’t believe the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans should be extended again,” a spokesman said. Mr. Clinton’s comments on tax policy, in an interview on CNBC, left the Obama re-election campaign “upset,” and the campaign quickly asked Mr. Clinton to “correct” his remarks, a person familiar with events said.

How many times has he kneecapped The One in the past week? First he said that Romney had a "sterling" business record and was qualified to be president --- watch Krauthammer for more on that --- then he politely noted at a fundraiser with O that he's the only president in recent times to balance the budget, then he came out yesterday and endorsed a temporary extension of the Bush tax cuts. I thought that would end up helping O long-term but his campaign evidently doesn’t agree. And then there’s this. Show of hands: How many people think Bill Clinton, the consummate political animal, had no idea that praising Romney for his business career might prove unhelpful to Obama’s messaging?

I didn’t have any idea, when I was giving that answer, that I was wading into some controversy in the campaign, because I haven’t seen the ads, and I’m not following it, and I’m not really part of it. But you’d have to know about a specific [private equity] case to know whether it was a good or a bad thing. But there are a lot of good people in that business doing good things. That’s the point I was making.

There’s no one in American political life who’s more fun to write about than Clinton for the simple reason that it’s impossible to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything. He’s famously highly intelligent, famously devious, and, per his mastery of “triangulation,” famously willing to cross other Democrats to protect his own interests. When in doubt, you always, always assume he’s working an angle. What’s his angle here? Is it as simple as protecting his own legacy as the only Democrat in modern times to be reelected? Or, as I think many righties believe, are we seeing “Operation: Elect Hillary” in effect? If the latter, how would an Obama loss advance Hillary’s chances in 2016? Granted, it’s unusual for Americans to grant one party 12 years in the White House, but if Romney wins in November and the economy comes roaring back, it’ll be next to impossible to defeat him as an incumbent in four years. What’s Slick’s game? Remember, no theory is too nefarious.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 09:07:16 PM »
if you as a shareholder of Bain - you love romney.

if you live in mass - you love him because he delivered liberal policies the liberals up there loved.

simple enough.  repubs HATED him on a 3 to 1 basis... but he outspent everyone and won ;)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 02:32:47 AM »
if you as a shareholder of Bain - you love romney.

if you live in mass - you love him because he delivered liberal policies the liberals up there loved.

simple enough.  repubs HATED him on a 3 to 1 basis... but he outspent everyone and won ;)

Well that free market capitalism for you ;)