Author Topic: Golden Age Green Lantern being outed as gay in the next issue  (Read 14051 times)

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
Yup...And his weakens is "wood" you do the math!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/green-lantern-latest-superhero-outed-gay-earth-2-issue-marvel-northstar-storyline-article-1.1087842

Look, up in the sky. It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s . . . another superhero being outed.

No, it’s not Superman. But DC Comics said Friday that Alan Scott, the original Green Lantern — a superhero first introduced in 1940 — will be reintroduced as gay in “Earth 2” issue two, hitting stores next Wednesday.

The storyline was born out of the publisher’s reboot of their whole fictional universe last year, which reintroduces the heroes as younger versions of themselves again.

The reboot effectively wrote out of existence Scott’s openly gay adult son, the superhero Obsidian.

“I was sort of putting the team together and I realized one of the only downsides to relaunching the Justice Society as young, vibrant heroes again was that Alan Scott’s son was no longer going to exist in the reboot,” says “Earth 2” series writer James Robinson, who wrote a 1998 storyline about Obsidian that featured the first gay superhero kiss in comics.

“I thought that was a shame and then it occurred to me, why not just make Alan Scott gay.”

The revelation comes at a boon time in the industry for rainbow pride. In the pages of Marvel’s “Astonishing X-Men” last week, superhero Northstar proposed to his longtime boyfriend — setting up next issue’s superpowered same-sex wedding. DC Comics also has a lesbian superhero, Batwoman, patrolling the streets of Gotham City in her own comic.

“When I was growing up, I’d read comics or watch TV and I wished there were characters who I could relate to, who I knew had gone through what I was going through,” says GLAAD spokesman Rich Ferraro.

“Today’s LGBT young people can see gay characters in comics, movies and many TV shows who show them that they too can grow up to be parents, leaders, or even superheroes.”

But not everyone is thrilled.

The group One Million Moms Thursday called for a boycott of comic books featuring gay superheroes.

“Children mimic superhero actions and even dress up in costumes to resemble these characters as much as possible,” the conservative group said in a statement. “Can you imagine little boys saying, ‘I want a boyfriend or husband like X-Men?’ ”

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
Re: Golden Age Green Lantern is a homo!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 08:45:48 AM »
Fucking pathetic. >:(

This world is officially a complete and utter train wreck. ::)

the trainer

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 09:11:40 AM »
A bunch of muscle men in tights running around what did you think.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 09:23:41 AM »
I actually had a guess it would be something like that... Not even shocked a little bit.

I hate DC... Take all of the characters we love and fuck them up... Goddam them to hell.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:35:25 AM »
I actually had a guess it would be something like that... Not even shocked a little bit.

I hate DC... Take all of the characters we love and fuck them up... Goddam them to hell.
Hell yeah, there are a lot of comic companies out now, that make DC look like Tea-Cup ride at the local Carnival.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 09:37:31 AM »
Hell yeah, there are a lot of comic companies out now, that make DC look like Tea-Cup ride at the local Carnival.

They had everything fixed with the original Crisis and they had to go and warp it all again.

Look... it's simple.

Give us great stories with the characters we love and let us grow along with them.

These "quick fix" reboots and shit always fucking suck ass.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 09:38:21 AM »
gayer than knowing more about comics, than the strip in the daily newspaper.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 09:39:37 AM »
What does Ryan Reynolds think of this?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 09:40:41 AM »
They had everything fixed with the original Crisis and they had to go and warp it all again.

Look... it's simple.

Give us great stories with the characters we love and let us grow along with them.

These "quick fix" reboots and shit always fucking suck ass.
Oh, this will be fixed, GL was confused because Sinestro (put you story here).
Or it was a clone, or this timeline intersected with another, bla bla.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 09:42:26 AM »
What does Ryan Reynolds think of this?
He will be Deadpool. Being paid to be a psychopathic mercenary bests playing a dude with a green ring and a mask...

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 09:51:35 AM »
He will be Deadpool. Being paid to be a psychopathic mercenary bests playing a dude with a green ring and a mask...
True, but what if they want to make another Green Lantern movie?  I'm sure he might do a double take when he finds out the Green Lantern is gay.

the trainer

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 09:53:41 AM »
suck to be a kid in this day and age with male superheroes kissing in comics and getting married to each other, talk about destroying your childhood heroes.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 09:59:49 AM »
Comics have always had homoerotic themes....the first clue was obviously Superman wearing his fucking drawers on the outside of his pants to Batman's and Robin....btw, there's over 1000 Green Lanterns in the DC Universe, having one gay guy isn't going to make a difference.....you still got John Smith

I can go on too.....
A

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 10:02:26 AM »
Comics have always had homoerotic themes....the first clue was obviously Superman wearing his fucking drawers on the outside of his pants to Batman's and Robin....btw, there's over 1000 Green Lanterns in the DC Universe, having one gay guy isn't going to make a difference.....you still got John Smith

I think you mean John Stewart.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »
A bunch of muscle men in tights running around what did you think.

x2.  ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 10:04:09 AM »
Contrary to popular belief, Bay... Everyone does not see "homo" in everything they see or do.

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 10:10:58 AM »
Comics have always been very gay. Those examples Vince posted are just a small sample.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 10:16:05 AM »
Contrary to popular belief, Bay... Everyone does not see "homo" in everything they see or do.

I think when most people see a roided muscle man in a glittery thong flexing for an audience of cheering men they see "homo."  Just saying. :-*

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 10:21:58 AM »
  GAY

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 10:22:35 AM »

I can go on too.....

DAMN!!!!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 10:22:35 AM »
I think when most people see a roided muscle man in a glittery thong flexing for an audience of cheering men they see "homo."  Just saying. :-*

There's a reason lots of people don't go to bodybuilding shows.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 10:31:50 AM »
Even more disturbing is the fact that the "Green Lantern is Gay" is HEADLINE news!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 10:41:31 AM »
I think you mean John Stewart.

Yea....whatever.  I really don't keep up with comics...just knew that there was a black one that was banging the shit out of some girl named HawkGirl on the Justice League cartoon. 

Personally, I don't read any comic books at all.....waste of time and they always change shit up for whatever reason
A

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 11:49:58 AM »
There's a reason lots of people don't go to bodybuilding shows.

Watching it in private is no less telling.  ::)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 01:44:21 PM »
Watching it in private is no less telling.  ::)
So predictable Bay.  Something has homo in the title and you are all over it.