Author Topic: Rape Victim Denied Emergency Contraception By Doctor  (Read 4496 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Rape Victim Denied Emergency Contraception By Doctor
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 10:53:58 AM »
Why do you want more people to populate the United States?  ???
nice straw man,

since you dont want more ppl in the US am I safe in assuming you would institute a manditory euthanisia past a certain age?

straw mans are a wonderful thing arent they?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 11:02:31 AM »
We need the streets overflowing the bodies of dead babies.

That is the most important part of it all.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 11:20:58 AM »
is that what they do with the babies  :o

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 11:26:13 AM »
Why do you want more people to populate the United States?  ???

Why don't the people who are so concerned about population control lead by example and start woofing down some sleeping pills or put guns to their heads?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 11:29:39 AM »
Why don't the people who are so concerned about population control lead by example and start woofing down some sleeping pills or put guns to their heads?

would jesus approve of you saying that  ???

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 11:29:50 AM »
true fundies don't concern themselves with pesky little issues like reality

in fact, in contrast to their blind devotion to a microscopic cluster of cells in someone elses body, once the actually fully formed human being shows up they usually couldn't give less of a shit about it

this is how the same fundies that are so vehemently against contraception can also just as easily be against things like C.H.I.P (Childrens Health Insurance Program), free school lunches, food stamps, etc..

We concern ourselves with reality such as RESPONSIBILITY, something you don't seem to grasp.

Your blind devotion is to people screwing without any good sense, resulting in babies that (by your cracked reasoning) either have to be dismembered in utero or given care by people who weren't responsible for their being conceived, in the first place.

If you don't take care of them, we have to kill them, even though it's our fault these babies are here. That's brilliant!!  ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »
nice straw man,

since you dont want more ppl in the US am I safe in assuming you would institute a manditory euthanisia past a certain age?

straw mans are a wonderful thing arent they?

That's the next logical step. But, Straw Man, Blacken, and others can't quite wrap their heads around that.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 11:34:33 AM »
would jesus approve of you saying that  ???

Perhaps, He would, if such were based on righteous anger to make a point (something you have a tough time doing), since He did not let wrongdoing go unchallenged.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 11:39:30 AM »
hahahaha jesus would say go kill yourself  :D :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 11:42:01 AM »
nice straw man,

They practically have that in ObamaCare. If the libs deem certain old people ain't worth keeping alive........

hahahaha jesus would say go kill yourself  :D :D

Hardly!!! But, thanks for playing, O ye of little sense.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 12:30:36 PM »
mcway's jesus says     Why don't the people who are so concerned about population control lead by example and start woofing down some sleeping pills or put guns to their heads?  :D :D :D :D

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 01:21:40 PM »
Do you not understand that you also paint things as black and white?

That's a fair point. It's not entirely accurate, but it is fair.

they arent wrong in the first trimester?

No, because as I explained before, I don't think that women can be forced to become or forced to remain walking, talking incubators, with no control over the workings of their bodies. It really is that simple. As to why I think the first trimester is a fairly bright red line in my opinion? Quite simple really: before the first trimester, it is impossible for the fetus to survive (given current and forthcoming technology). I believe the earliest preemie to survive was significantly older than that at over 20 weeks, but I don't have the reference in front of me. Is the line perfect? No. But I'm not concerned with perfection.

at any time?

Like many others, I am torn, not so much as to whether there should be a bright line, but as to where that line should be on the temporal axis. I think that, ultimately, the only line that is bright and unambiguous enough, is birth. Let me be clear: I'm not suggesting that abortions at 48 weeks are OK. I'm merely pointing out that arbitrary line drawing is a difficult problem; most answers as to where the line should be placed are rather simplistic and have serious unintended consequences.

elective abortions? abortions based on sex?

I have no problem with elective abortions if the fetus has (or will have) serious medical complications. As for abortions based on sex, that's a rather specious argument. If someone desperately wants a kid of a particular gender (or of particular characteristics) there are much better ways to go about it than fucking, then testing and aborting the results that don't pass the quality check. So I don't worry too much about this issue.

I also think that it's a bad idea to categorically rule out the necessity of such procedures. There might, for example, come a time when there is a dramatic imbalance in the male to female ratio in the world, and more children of a particular gender are needed to help ensure the survival of the species.

But I have allowed this discussion to drift away from contraception to abortion. So let's go back:

Imagine a surgeon saying "the patient has lost a lot of blood, and needs a blood transfusion; autotransfusion isn't an option and as a Jehovah's Witness blood transfusions violate my conscience, so I must refuse to perform this procedure." Back to pharmacists and the filling of prescriptions, this translates to: "I see your otherwise valid prescription, but contraception violates my consience, so I must refuse to fill this prescription."

When it comes down to it, I don't think it's a big problem, since most pharmacies usually have at least two people behind the counter, so it should be fairly easy for the conscientious pharmacist to say "Yes ma'am. One moment while we fill this prescription" or "Your prescription will be ready for pickup in 5 minutes" before handing it off to the other pharmacist who is able to do their job right, or, if worse comes to worst, to refer the woman to another nearby pharmacy. But in principle, I find it unacceptable for people to refuse to do a job they voluntarily applied and were hired for on the grounds that the job requirements violate their conscience, when they knew that up front what the requirements of the job were. I believe that in such instances, the employees should either quit or get fired.

I also find it completely unacceptable for a pharmacist who would refuse to fill a prescription to then refuse to return it so that the woman can find another pharmacy, willing to fill it. I believe that such actions should, at the very least, result in the pharmacist losing their license to practice.

We concern ourselves with reality such as RESPONSIBILITY, something you don't seem to grasp.

No. You concern yourself with enforcing your particular views on the subject at the cost of treating women as walking, talking incubators with no rights.

Your blind devotion is to people screwing without any good sense, resulting in babies that (by your cracked reasoning) either have to be dismembered in utero or given care by people who weren't responsible for their being conceived, in the first place.

Now children, as a fun exercise, try to see how many logical fallacies are in the above sentence.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 01:40:31 PM »
in fact, in contrast to their blind devotion to a microscopic cluster of cells in someone elses body, once the actually fully formed human being shows up they usually couldn't give less of a shit about it

I'm glad to hear you say this!

It's funny, when they're in their mothers belly their life is sacred.  When they're a little older though, we have no problem sending them off to die in the Middle East.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2012, 01:42:16 PM »

People that have sense enough to recognize what a gigantic issue over-population will be are generally the kind of people that benefit society by sticking around.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 01:46:45 PM »
I'm glad to hear you say this!

It's funny, when they're in their mothers belly their life is sacred.  When they're a little older though, we have no problem sending them off to die in the Middle East.

Ummm....they're usually not little kids, when they VOLUNTEER to be a member of the Armed Forces. They're adults.

They have a choice in the matter (to a degree). The unborn babies....not so much.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 01:51:18 PM »

No. You concern yourself with enforcing your particular views on the subject at the cost of treating women as walking, talking incubators with no rights.

Killing someone, for whom you're responsible for conceiving, just because they are an inconvenient, is beyond absurd.

What happens when someone decides they have the right to kill YOU, just because you are a nuisance or a burden on their way of life?

Not to mention, when it comes to this selective abortion stuff, notice how most of the unborn babies killed are FEMALE. Talking about no rights? What better way to deprive women of rights than destroying them before they're even born, simply because they're female?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 01:53:17 PM »
The only thing that will make this right is having the dumpsters of this society overflow with bodies of dead babies aborted because they weren't the parents preferred sex.

We have to satiate the blood lust somehow.

I want blood everywhere. Kill 'em all.

Wrong eye color? Kill em
Wrong sex? Kill em
Wrong hair color? Kill em.

They ain't people, just inconveniences.

Wait until it becomes:

Wrong race? Kill 'em.
Wrong "orientation"? Kill 'em

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 02:08:13 PM »
Will you say the same thing if a doctor tells you "you require life-saving surgery, but my consience prohibits me from giving it to you because <reason>"? Something tells me you wouldn't say "OK, not a big deal" then.

Absurd.  The issue is a doctor being forced to prescribe an abortion pill, not perform life-saving surgery. 

What kind of whacked out world do you live in??

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2012, 02:11:23 PM »
The only thing that will make this right is having the dumpsters of this society overflow with bodies of dead babies aborted because they weren't the parents preferred sex.

We have to satiate the blood lust somehow.

I want blood everywhere. Kill 'em all.

Wrong eye color? Kill em
Wrong sex? Kill em
Wrong hair color? Kill em.

They ain't people, just inconveniences.

And why not?  If a woman has an absolute right to kill her unborn baby, she should be able to do it for any reason, including eye color, sex, disability, etc.  Sounds horrendous, but that's the logical extension of their viewpoint. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »

Let me be clear: I'm not suggesting that abortions at 48 weeks are OK.

Uh, pregnancy is 40 weeks.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »
I thought this thread was about a rape victim trying to make sure she didn't get pregnant by the rapist.  I guess not ::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2012, 02:16:27 PM »
the way Beach Bum  and  MCWAY want the world to be

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2012, 02:37:41 PM »
Uh, pregnancy is 40 weeks.

Err, my bad. I meant to type 24 weeks (i.e. 6 months) so I'm not sure what went wrong there. I blame my brain!

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2012, 02:44:35 PM »
Killing someone, for whom you're responsible for conceiving, just because they are an inconvenient, is beyond absurd.

Killing a person is wrong. But is the fetus a person?

What happens when someone decides they have the right to kill YOU, just because you are a nuisance or a burden on their way of life?

See above.

Not to mention, when it comes to this selective abortion stuff, notice how most of the unborn babies killed are FEMALE. Talking about no rights? What better way to deprive women of rights than destroying them before they're even born, simply because they're female?

I find it difficult to notice this fact, but I'll take your word for it. Even if true, you are continuing to suggest that it's acceptable for one person to be forced to live for the sake of another person. There is a name for that you know.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2012, 02:50:22 PM »
Absurd.  The issue is a doctor being forced to prescribe an abortion pill, not perform life-saving surgery. 

What kind of whacked out world do you live in??

Actually, the issue is a pharmacist handing a bottle of pills, but let's not get carried away...

I don't go to doctor for sermons. If I wanted sermons I'd go to a church. I will repeat my point: If the doctor cannot, in good conscience, practice medicine then he shouldn't be a doctor.

Would you defend a doctor "forced" to treat a patient who was black if the doctor was racist? How is that any different that refusing to prescribe contraceptives? And if you would, what kind of whacked out world do you live in?