Author Topic: Rape Victim Denied Emergency Contraception By Doctor  (Read 4499 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Rape Victim Denied Emergency Contraception By Doctor
« on: June 02, 2012, 12:35:53 PM »

more of the jesus people thinking  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Rape Victim Denied Emergency Contraception By Doctor
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »
"As President, I will end planned parenthood."  WOW.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 04:47:52 PM »
"As President, I will end planned parenthood."  WOW.

As a libertarian, I believe in fiscal conservatism but Planned Parenthood is essential to keeping the ghetto/ignorant population in check.

We actually need more Planned Parenthood!!!

I'd cut the Department of Education, and divert that money to population control.  We'd all be much better off.

The biggest factor in why children cannot get a decent education in Public School is the fact that our Public Schools are over filled with the offspring of ignorant trash that just don't give a shit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 05:09:32 PM »
As a libertarian, I believe in fiscal conservatism but Planned Parenthood is essential to keeping the ghetto/ignorant population in check.

We actually need more Planned Parenthood!!!

I'd cut the Department of Education, and divert that money to population control.  We'd all be much better off.

The biggest factor in why children cannot get a decent education in Public School is the fact that our Public Schools are over filled with the offspring of ignorant trash that just don't give a shit.
I say if the Republicans want to stop abortions, then let them pay for the children and nobody else.  Republicans are morons when it comes to Abortion.  Complete morons.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 05:21:29 PM »
I say if the Republicans want to stop abortions, then let them pay for the children and nobody else.  Republicans are morons when it comes to Abortion.  Complete morons.

Good post, absolutely agree and as you know I'm an ignorant believer.  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 07:48:08 PM »
Meh.  Would like to hear the whole sstory. 

A doctor shouldn't be forced to prescribe the abortion pill if it violates his conscience.  Just get another doc to do it.  Should not be a big deal.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »
Meh.  Would like to hear the whole sstory. 

A doctor shouldn't be forced to prescribe the abortion pill if it violates his conscience.  Just get another doc to do it.  Should not be a big deal.

..."The whole story"......I'd like to hear it too because all we have heard is a chop shop version.

Were there any health reasons involved? Abortion pills aren't like eating advil or a multi-vitamin......

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »
..."The whole story"......I'd like to hear it too because all we have heard is a chop shop version.

Were there any health reasons involved? Abortion pills aren't like eating advil or a multi-vitamin......

Exactly.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 08:26:16 PM »

Morons would be people who have sex like jack rabbits, act surprised when a baby results, and expect somebody else to take care of them.

How about the people who actually have the babies take care of them. Try that on for size.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 08:57:12 PM »
Morons would be people who have sex like jack rabbits, act surprised when a baby results, and expect somebody else to take care of them.

How about the people who actually have the babies take care of them. Try that on for size.
How about abortion.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 08:58:44 PM »
How about abortion.

If you engage in the activity that makes babies, you take care of those babies. It's a pretty simple concept.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 10:17:52 PM »
So..................no one can give use the entire story?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 11:05:05 PM »
Meh.  Would like to hear the whole sstory.  

A doctor shouldn't be forced to prescribe the abortion pill if it violates his conscience.  Just get another doc to do it.  Should not be a big deal.

Will you say the same thing if a doctor tells you "you require life-saving surgery, but my consience prohibits me from giving it to you because <reason>"? Something tells me you wouldn't say "OK, not a big deal" then.

If you engage in the activity that makes babies, you take care of those babies. It's a pretty simple concept.

Simplistic examples, that paint the world in either black or white aren't really useful, because the world isn't black and white. And I'll prove it to you.

You say that if you engage in the activity that makes babies, you take care of your babies. Would you consider a woman who is raped and becomes pregnant as "having engaged in the activity that makes babies?" It's, by your own admission, a pretty simple concept, so you should have no problem giving us an equally simple and unequivocal yes or no answer.

And... go!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 11:20:58 PM »
Will you say the same thing if a doctor tells you "you require life-saving surgery, but my consience prohibits me from giving it to you because <reason>"? Something tells me you wouldn't say "OK, not a big deal" then.

Simplistic examples, that paint the world in either black or white aren't really useful, because the world isn't black and white. And I'll prove it to you.

You say that if you engage in the activity that makes babies, you take care of your babies. Would you consider a woman who is raped and becomes pregnant as "having engaged in the activity that makes babies?" It's, by your own admission, a pretty simple concept, so you should have no problem giving us an equally simple and unequivocal yes or no answer.

And... go!
seeing as the VAST MAJORITY of abortions are elective and have nothing to do with rape.

Bringing up rape in response to the idea of taking responsibility for your own sexual actions is pretty lame to say the least.

Thats fine make exceptions for rape, take a rape kit, get DNA and then if the rapist turns up arrest them...

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 11:35:38 PM »
seeing as the VAST MAJORITY of abortions are elective and have nothing to do with rape.

So?

Bringing up rape in response to the idea of taking responsibility for your own sexual actions is pretty lame to say the least.

It's kind of stupid to distort my words, when people can just read them in the block of text you quoted; congratulations on making yourself look dishonest.

Thats fine make exceptions for rape, take a rape kit, get DNA and then if the rapist turns up arrest them...

I was responding to MCWAY who painted things in black and white with a ridiculous blanket statement, by explaining that things, fortunately or unfortunately, aren't just black or just white. Your post doesn't actually address my argument but argues that exceptions should be made. I don't think exceptions are necessary. Either the emergency contraception pill and first-trimester abortions are always wrong or they are not. My position is that they aren't wrong.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 07:26:26 AM »

the whole story?

what part do you think might be missing that would justify the doctors actions

the commentator said the woman was denied the mornging after pill (which is contraception and not an abortion pill - many fundies are too stupid to understand the difference) and was denied by the doctor who said that prescribing CONTRACEPTION violated her religious beliefs

granted, this was spoken by the commentator rather than having the rape victim on tape telling it to you herself but I'm sure you can understand why perhaps this rape victim would not like her name or image in the story

We've seen the type of story before.   The fundie doctors religious beliefs trump the victims need for medical attention

I say if your religous beliefs prevent you from performing some part of your job then you are not qualified for teh job and should not be hired

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 07:38:11 AM »

exactly

the doctor could belong the ironically named "christian science" sect of christianity and be opposed to surgery and antibiotics

Would fundies be OK if they took their child to that doctor for some kind of emergeny medical problem only to be told sorry but my religious beliefs prevent me from giving your child antibiotics but I will pray with you that jesus heals your child

And... go!

good luck trying to get any fundies on this board to understand what your'e talking about

many fundiies agree with Rick Santorum conception via rape is a gift from god

their religoius belief compels them, in fact seems to require them to restrict the freedom of others, even when that person doesn't share their religious views

they literally believe that their access to freedom of religious expression trumps everyone elses access to that very same freedom

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 08:46:57 AM »
So?

It's kind of stupid to distort my words, when people can just read them in the block of text you quoted; congratulations on making yourself look dishonest.

I was responding to MCWAY who painted things in black and white with a ridiculous blanket statement, by explaining that things, fortunately or unfortunately, aren't just black or just white. Your post doesn't actually address my argument but argues that exceptions should be made. I don't think exceptions are necessary. Either the emergency contraception pill and first-trimester abortions are always wrong or they are not. My position is that they aren't wrong.
Do you not understand that you also paint things as black and white?

they arent wrong in the first trimester?

at any time?

elective abortions? abortions based on sex?

LMFAO

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 08:47:47 AM »
exactly

the doctor could belong the ironically named "christian science" sect of christianity and be opposed to surgery and antibiotics

Would fundies be OK if they took their child to that doctor for some kind of emergeny medical problem only to be told sorry but my religious beliefs prevent me from giving your child antibiotics but I will pray with you that jesus heals your child

good luck trying to get any fundies on this board to understand what your'e talking about

many fundiies agree with Rick Santorum conception via rape is a gift from god

their religoius belief compels them, in fact seems to require them to restrict the freedom of others, even when that person doesn't share their religious views

they literally believe that their access to freedom of religious expression trumps everyone elses access to that very same freedom
are you really so dense that you dont understand that there are plenty of reasons to be against abortion that have absolutely nothing to do with religion?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 08:50:49 AM »
are you really so dense that you dont understand that there are plenty of reasons to be against abortion that have absolutely nothing to do with religion?

You understand that we're talking about contraception and not abortion........right?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 09:28:41 AM »

I completely agree, but they end up not taking care of those babies and it becomes all of our burden to support these kids.   :(

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 09:50:08 AM »
I completely agree, but they end up not taking care of those babies and it becomes all of our burden to support these kids.   :(

true fundies don't concern themselves with pesky little issues like reality

in fact, in contrast to their blind devotion to a microscopic cluster of cells in someone elses body, once the actually fully formed human being shows up they usually couldn't give less of a shit about it

this is how the same fundies that are so vehemently against contraception can also just as easily be against things like C.H.I.P (Childrens Health Insurance Program), free school lunches, food stamps, etc..

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »

Why do you want more people to populate the United States?  ???

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 10:24:50 AM »
The only thing that will make this right is having the dumpsters of this society overflow with bodies of dead babies aborted because they weren't the parents preferred sex.

We have to satiate the blood lust somehow.

I want blood everywhere. Kill 'em all.

Wrong eye color? Kill em
Wrong sex? Kill em
Wrong hair color? Kill em.

They ain't people, just inconveniences.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »
You understand that we're talking about contraception and not abortion........right?
go back and reread the post of avxo you quoted, that was in response to MCWAYS post on abortion................ ......................