Author Topic: Nootropics - Ever tried them? Reviews?  (Read 4038 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Nootropics - Ever tried them? Reviews?
« on: June 04, 2012, 08:25:28 AM »
Yesterday, while working out at the gym, one of the trainers started chatting it up with me at the juice bar and started telling me about the amazing focus and overall concentration that he is now capable of achieving due to the use of Nootropics.

I have never heard of these types of products.  In light of this, I did some research on the internet and found a mix bag of reviews, some claim it provides them with a fresh state of mind, others say that the use of Nootropics gave them very vivid and lucid dreams, while others stated that it was less effective than a potent multivitamin.

Any of you pharmaceutical trailblazers ever give this stuff a try?

"1"

Jizzacked

Re: Nootropics - Ever tried them? Reviews?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 08:40:06 AM »
We talked about this a while back, check this thread out:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=386440.0

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:17:14 AM »
We talked about this a while back, check this thread out:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=386440.0

I took a look at that thread, but it goes on and on about various different substances.  The trainer at my gym was using a product that I found to be promoted heavily by Joe Rogan.  The product's name is "Alpha Brain".

Have you heard any positive or negative reviews about this Nootropic?

"1"

Jizzacked

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 09:37:05 AM »
I have only heard of it mentioned in passing while researching... someone mentioned they didn't really get much out of it.

Here is a good page I just found that gives details and sources for all types of nootropics:
http://www.thinkinginanutshell.com/nootropics

I definitely want to give a few of these a try.

Here is another forum that I found, but be warned, there are some serious loons on there.  Some of the drug stacks I was reading make most getbiggers look tame by comparison.  Nobody bats an eye when someone talks about mainlining IV bags of nootropics lol

http://www.longecity.org/forum/forum/169-brain-health/

Let me know if you find anything else good

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 11:50:14 AM »
I'm huge on this stuff. L-tyrosine, at 3 grams, 1 hour after a meal will give you a nice mental boost and is great for pre workout. It makes all your other stims, fat burners more effective. I use this stuff every day, up to 2 doses. the third dose never works as well, so limit this one to 2 doses.

DMAE is a good one as well and super cheap to buy in powder. Stacks very well with l-tyrosine.

Aniracetam with oxyracetam can really help you study. Starting doses are 200mg of each up to 1 gram.

Vinpocetine, increases blood flow to the brain, gives nice focus as well.

I have used all of these and encourage others to experiment with them as well.

?

Jizzacked

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 12:14:40 PM »
have you used modafinil or sulbutiamine?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 12:21:46 PM »
have you used modafinil or sulbutiamine?

modafanil is very hard to get, it's expensive but the patent runs out in 2014 I believe so expect to see some inexpensive modafanil in the futur. Plus getting caught with this stuff can really get you in trouble. But no, sucks to say, I have never used it. I just don't trust the places selling the more affordable stuff.

Sulbutiamine, yes, I forgot to add that. It works. Very strong stuff. Don't use it more than twice a week to always get that kick ass drive. The flavor is pretty bad from the powders. Just throw it down the hatch and chase with water. It increases dopamine, so if you stack it with other dopamine agonists use lower doses as too much dopamine will give you sides like lock jaw, lack of appetite...

?

Jizzacked

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 04:14:55 PM »
interesting stuff.... thanks for the feedback.  for the modafinil there is actually a generic from india called modalert that is fairly inexpensive

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 04:43:59 PM »
Used provigil. First two doses are amazing, then body acclimates. Keeps u awake but not laser focused

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 06:39:42 PM »
I took a look at that thread, but it goes on and on about various different substances.  The trainer at my gym was using a product that I found to be promoted heavily by Joe Rogan.  The product's name is "Alpha Brain".

Have you heard any positive or negative reviews about this Nootropic?

"1"
I've taken and could tell I was sharper. I was just a bit more alert and had very vivid dreams.  Overall it's nice but not worth the money. If ya got a ton of cash to blow then go for it.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 06:51:26 PM »
Piracetam + ALCAR / Choline.
all drugs - TPPIIP

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 07:21:33 PM »
I've taken and could tell I was sharper. I was just a bit more alert and had very vivid dreams.  Overall it's nice but not worth the money. If ya got a ton of cash to blow then go for it.

I wouldn't buy or use them unless I knew they were safe, effective and worth the cash. 

That said, the trainer at my gym was touting the stuff as being amazing and claiming that he was now able to have lucid dreams.

I thought he was crazy, but figured a few of you gentlemen might have tried the stuff before.

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 07:34:58 PM »
I used a stack of modafinil + piracatem/choline through a summer studying the LSAT and I can say two things:

1. I experienced notable increase in ability to focus and retain information, sitting around studying for hours at a time.

2. The effects were not hugely significant in the sense that steroids can be hugely significant for muscle. In other words, we seem to be set in our ways when it comes to brain development and while certain nootropics can help you get the most out of your brain structure/cognitive functioning for a specialized task, there isn't anything like a permanent boost to mentality (unlike steroids, which can have a permanent effect on muscle, even once off).

In short, if you are studying for something or perhaps have a midnight shift job where you need to focus, then nootropics can help get you over the hump for specific mental tasks but you cannot expect to have permanent changes, e.g., +5 IQ points or something of that sort.

Fantastic review.

Thank you for your feedback.

Seeing as though I do not work late or need help in focusing for any type of test, I don't think I will purchase the product.

Did you have any vivid dreams while on the stuff?  I do find that slightly interesting if possible.

"1"

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 07:41:42 PM »
Yesterday, while working out at the gym, one of the trainers started chatting it up with me at the juice bar and started telling me about the amazing focus and overall concentration that he is now capable of achieving due to the use of Nootropics.

I have never heard of these types of products.  In light of this, I did some research on the internet and found a mix bag of reviews, some claim it provides them with a fresh state of mind, others say that the use of Nootropics gave them very vivid and lucid dreams, while others stated that it was less effective than a potent multivitamin.

Any of you pharmaceutical trailblazers ever give this stuff a try?

"1"

I use the same thing I've used for year....one large cup of coffee or some a caff tablet.   There's way too much garbage out there to screw with just to train..... its best to keep it simple and get yourself motivated to train hard
A

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 08:09:13 PM »
Hey, on an unrelated note, any updates on your bitch? Haven't see her around at all and I wonder if I've missed something.

My bottom girl is still around.  She logs in every day, either as herself or one of her many gimmicks.

At the moment, we are currently working on another owning behind the scenes.  I can't release too much information regarding it just now, but it will probably be just as big.

"1"

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 01:51:53 AM »
My bottom girl is still around.  She logs in every day, either as herself or one of her many gimmicks.

At the moment, we are currently working on another owning behind the scenes.  I can't release too much information regarding it just now, but it will probably be just as big.

"1"

Great, best of luck.