Author Topic: Dorian Yates - two pics - very good quality  (Read 99330 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: two pics of yates very good quality
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2012, 02:56:10 PM »
let's use bodybuilding terms you can understand. Phil almost matches Dorian in muscular bulk, has better symmetry, balance, definition, and fullness. You said before that a prime Flex could beat Dorian. So let me ask you: what did Flex bring that Phil hasn't already?

almost matches him in muscular bulk? and you came to this conclusion how? Dorian at his best precontest in the B&W pics is 269lbs , on-stage in 1993 257lbs in 1993 , Phil 240lbs at 1" shorter , don't know what school of math you went to but you need to go back , Dorian was 242lbs in 1992 again what new level is Phil bringing?  ???

Better symmetry? LMFAO I almost don't want to dignify this with a response , symmetry in what context? because recall it has multiple means , small waist and hips? small joints better taper? wider clavicles? you couldn't accurately say unless they were both standing side-by-side but we know for a fact Phil's taper isn't as good and neither is his clavicle width , and this wouldn't be an an advantage entertaing it were true and why? because Dorian always beat people who did

Balance? no explanation on how or why he has better balance , we'll just take your word for it  ::)

Definition? where?  ??? elaborate on your claims don't just assert them

fullness? see above

Does Phil carry more muscular bulk than Dorian? NO 257lbs in 1993 Olympia , B&W photos 269lbs and he's about 1" 1/2 taller Phil 240lbs , conditioning?

Does Phil show any new level of conditioning that Dorian never did? Ummmmm NO Dorian's conditioning is legendary , Phil's good for a pro in this day and age doesn't say much and most

Phil's an awesome bodybuilder and like Dorian one of the most complete Mr Olympias but he's not bringing anything new that hasn't been done years before

Flex and Phil are a lot alike structurally both narrow in the clavicles but Phil appears more thick and Flex more streamlined the difference between the two is shape , Flex's shape stands alone and his truly tiny joints and proportions , Flex has the shape and aesthetics Phil doesn't

Dorian looks outstanding at his best from all angles , Phil doesn't Dorian would easily collect more mandatories

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2012, 02:56:55 PM »
Phil has already surpassed Dorian in bodybuilding terms, he has better detail, shape, proportion, muscularity, less condition and density and a slightly better structure. Flex has better genetics than Phil but unless it's 1993 AC then Phil takes it due to judging criteria.

LMFAO

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2012, 02:57:25 PM »
almost matches him in muscular bulk? and you came to this conclusion how? Dorian at his best precontest in the B&W pics is 269lbs , on-stage in 1993 257lbs in 1993 , Phil 240lbs at 1" shorter , don't know what school of math you went to but you need to go back , Dorian was 242lbs in 1992 again what new level is Phil bringing?  ???

Better symmetry? LMFAO I almost don't want to dignify this with a response , symmetry in what context? because recall it has multiple means , small waist and hips? small joints better taper? wider clavicles? you couldn't accurately say unless they were both standing side-by-side but we know for a fact Phil's taper isn't as good and neither is his clavicle width , and this wouldn't be an an advantage entertaing it were true and why? because Dorian always beat people who did

Balance? no explanation on how or why he has better balance , we'll just take your word for it  ::)

Definition? where?  ??? elaborate on your claims don't just assert them

fullness? see above

Does Phil carry more muscular bulk than Dorian? NO 257lbs in 1993 Olympia , B&W photos 269lbs and he's about 1" 1/2 taller Phil 240lbs , conditioning?

Does Phil show any new level of conditioning that Dorian never did? Ummmmm NO Dorian's conditioning is legendary , Phil's good for a pro in this day and age doesn't say much and most

Phil's an awesome bodybuilder and like Dorian one of the most complete Mr Olympias but he's not bringing anything new that hasn't been done years before

Flex and Phil are a lot alike structurally both narrow in the clavicles but Phil appears more thick and Flex more streamlined the difference between the two is shape , Flex's shape stands alone and his truly tiny joints and proportions , Flex has the shape and aesthetics Phil doesn't

Dorian looks outstanding at his best from all angles , Phil doesn't Dorian would easily collect more mandatories

Outed for too much info.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »
LMFAO
I like you Narc, but you are just a Dorian fanboy.  He is far from the best ever. I don't care how many schmoe sandows the guy has.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2012, 03:01:13 PM »
I like you Narc, but you are just a Dorian fanboy.  He is far from the best ever. I don't care how many schmoe sandows the guy has.

Troll on brother !!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2012, 03:02:54 PM »
Troll on brother !!
I'm not trolling.  It's cool if Dorian is your fav. bodybuider.  That doesn't mean he is the best of all time.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
ND is the biggest schmoe on here imao. Dorian looks great from every angle?  ??? ::)

Look at Phil's muscle bellies compared to Dorian, his detail in the arms and legs, Dorian had very little detail from the front. The only advantage Dorian has over Phil is dryness and shoulder width, the later of which is lessened because he also has a bigger waist.

Easy win for Phil.
Trans Milkshake.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2012, 03:06:08 PM »
I'm not trolling.  It's cool if Dorian is your fav. bodybuider.  That doesn't mean he is the best of all time.

one never said he was my favorite , two never said he was the best of all time , but put in on-stage with any Olympia winner at their best and he would win and three you're trolling  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2012, 03:07:18 PM »
ND is the biggest schmoe on here imao. Dorian looks great from every angle?  ??? ::)

Look at Phil's muscle bellies compared to Dorian, his detail in the arms and legs, Dorian had very little detail from the front. The only advantage Dorian has over Phil is dryness and shoulder width, the later of which is lessened because he also has a bigger waist.

Easy win for Phil.

I'm sure you believe that but hey you know what they say? you have to convince yourself before you can try and convince anyone else  ;D

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2012, 03:18:39 PM »
almost matches him in muscular bulk? and you came to this conclusion how? Dorian at his best precontest in the B&W pics is 269lbs , on-stage in 1993 257lbs in 1993 , Phil 240lbs at 1" shorter , don't know what school of math you went to but you need to go back , Dorian was 242lbs in 1992 again what new level is Phil bringing?

the extra 20 lbs in Dorian's gut doesn't count

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »
one never said he was my favorite , two never said he was the best of all time , but put in on-stage with any Olympia winner at their best and he would win and three you're trolling  ;)
That doesn't make any sense ???  Ronnie at his all-time best beats Dorian everytime.  I know about the huge fucking Hulkster vs. ND thread already.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2012, 03:29:23 PM »
That doesn't make any sense ???  Ronnie at his all-time best beats Dorian everytime.  I know about the huge fucking Hulkster vs. ND thread already.
This is what everyone wants to believe, but what you guys don't take into account is that Yates won almost all Olympia's with perfect score so clearly the judging panel puts him ahead of everyone in any era, since his era was the toughest line up. Who cares if the IFBB judges are corrupt, who cares if they have an agenda or if they are blind, delusional or stupid, the bottom line is the IFBB judges would give Yates the win over any other Olympia winner.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2012, 03:31:54 PM »
This is what everyone wants to believe, but what you guys don't take into account is that Yates won almost all Olympia's with perfect score so clearly the judging panel puts him ahead of everyone in any era, since his era was the toughest line up. Who cares if the IFBB judges are corrupt, who cares if they have an agenda or if they are blind, delusional or stupid, the bottom line is the IFBB judges would give Yates the win over any other Olympia winner.
I guess the bottom line is that Bodybuilding is subjective. My Fav. is Sean Ray.  I think he should have won at least 2 Sandows. What do I know  ::)

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2012, 03:33:23 PM »
I guess the bottom line is that Bodybuilding is subjective. My Fav. is Sean Ray.  I think he should have won at least 2 Sandows. What do I know  ::)

94, 97?

Bodybuilding judging is laughable.
Trans Milkshake.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2012, 03:36:19 PM »

94, 97?

Bodybuilding judging is laughable.
It's the ultimate popularity contest.  Sean was not very popular (he spoke his mind) therefore he never won.  We need to start judging Sandows (aside from Ronnie, he was a true freak) by how friendly they were to the Weiders/Schmoes.

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2012, 03:47:23 PM »
yes i am a yates fan,but for awhile there i thought ronnie had surpassed him,now i am not so sure,the only times ronnie may have beat yates were the 99 olympia,the arnold that ronnie won and the first year ronnie supersized himself,i think 03,but that is only a maybe,first of all dorian had better calves,and a slightly better back,and even at his tightest and best conditioned,ronnie was never as hard or grainy as dorian,and dorian built his physique around the compulsory poses and was better at executing them.and noway does phil,jay dex,haneyetc even compare.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »
yes i am a yates fan,but for awhile there i thought ronnie had surpassed him,now i am not so sure,the only times ronnie may have beat yates were the 99 olympia,the arnold that ronnie won and the first year ronnie supersized himself,i think 03,but that is only a maybe,first of all dorian had better calves,and a slightly better back,and even at his tightest and best conditioned,ronnie was never as hard or grainy as dorian,and dorian built his physique around the compulsory poses and was better at executing them.and noway does phil,jay dex,haneyetc even compare.
Ok.  But we need to judge by they're all time bests.  By your own admission, you give Ronnie the edge.

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2012, 04:00:22 PM »
i only said maybe,true ronnie was bigger,when he supersized and carried more muscle,but because of how hard dorian always was,i think the judges may have gave it ti yates,really too close too call.

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2012, 04:04:11 PM »
Dorian is not a bodybuilder.
You have guys who look like real statues and you have guys like Dorian who just look like mud pie.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2012, 04:05:34 PM »
the extra 20 lbs in Dorian's gut doesn't count

LMFAO Yeah because Phil doesn't have one  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »

Great post

Dorian = pure winner , the guy NEVER placed below second place in a professional contest and won 15 straight contests

The odds favor Dorian , the criteria favor's Dorian , his record speaks for itself , Heath wins one Olympia and he already beats Dorian LMMFAO this is why I love GetBig  ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2012, 04:20:52 PM »
Great post

Dorian = pure winner , the guy NEVER placed below second place in a professional contest and won 15 straight contests

The odds favor Dorian , the criteria favor's Dorian , his record speaks for itself , Heath wins one Olympia and he already beats Dorian LMMFAO this is why I love GetBig  ;D

and simple mathematics points to Yates' best beating (from a judges point of view) Ronnie's best, let me explains, everyone is in agreement a 93 Flex is better then a 98 Flex. Now Ronnie's best is said to be in 98, now a less then prime Flex beat Ronnie in the first round in 98, while Yates dominated every round in 93 against a better Flex, so a simple rational assessment shows that ifbb judges will take a 93 Dorian over a 98 Ronnie, not even up for debate, I know some people are very dumb here so they won't understand what I just wrote, so think it through and read it again.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
Great post

No the schmoes favor Dorian.  Ok he was good, was he a 6 time Mr. olympia? Hell no!  Something was going on behind the scenes.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »
Troll on brother !!

ND...besides conditioning and width, Phil rapes Dorian. Better arms, shoulders, and thighs. Dorian may have a better back, but Phil has better detail. I know you are as much of a guy of Dorian as Hulkster is of Ronnie, but get real. Dorian was amazing in 1992 and 1993. Phil would have smoked any version of Dorian after 1993. Not even close. Moreover, Phil has a smaller and tighter waist. His arms absolutely annihilate Dorian's. I am sorry but you live in a fantasy world. Dorian was not even close to being the best, or most dominant Olympian. Haney and Arnold crushed him.Ronnie in his later years dwarfed him. Dorian 1993 is a Titan, but that is the only version that would have a shot against a latter day Ronnie or Phil. Phil is young, give him five years and we will see where he is. Dorian looked like absolute shit in 1996 and 1997. If Nasser had a back even as good as Cutler's he would have smoked him.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2012, 04:28:27 PM »
and simple mathematics points to Yates' best beating (from a judges point of view) Ronnie's best, let me explains, everyone is in agreement a 93 Flex is better then a 98 Flex. Now Ronnie's best is said to be in 98, now a less then prime Flex beat Ronnie in the first round in 98, while Yates dominated every round in 93 against a better Flex, so a simple rational assessment shows that ifbb judges will take a 93 Dorian over a 98 Ronnie, not even up for debate, I know some people are very dumb here so they won't understand what I just wrote, so think it through and read it again.

Exactly 1993 Flex's best year he concedes Dorian is unbeatable , 1998 Ronnie's best Olympia he just barely beat Flex by the skin of his teeth in one of the closest Olympia's to this day !!!! 1999 Flex turns his back in Ronnie and says he's #1 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ronnie or Heath couldn't touch Yates no other Mr Olympia could