Author Topic: Do you think Sonnen will win against Silva?  (Read 2581 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Do you think Sonnen will win against Silva?
« on: June 05, 2012, 02:41:31 PM »
I personally think that Silva will rape Sonnen this time around.  I do not want to see Sonnen with the belt!  He talks enough shit already  :P

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Do you think Sonnen will win against Silva?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »
I think eventually Silva's gonna land something and get the stoppage too..

the chance's of the fight going like the 1st one I would think are pretty slim as far as all the takedowns go

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 04:50:01 AM »
sonnen is going to get his takedowns, silva cant deny him them imo. if sonnen can use the same gameplan as last time but avoid getting careless in the later rds and getting caught in a sub he will win. silva seemed alittle hesitant to try to unload on sonnen in the last fight from fear of the takedown, sonnen landind the more crisper punches in the last fight also. im sure silva and his camp are preparing a gameplan though, should be a good fight. anderson always finds a way to win though
R

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »
sonnen is going to get his takedowns, silva cant deny him them imo. if sonnen can use the same gameplan as last time but avoid getting careless in the later rds and getting caught in a sub he will win. silva seemed alittle hesitant to try to unload on sonnen in the last fight from fear of the takedown, sonnen landind the more crisper punches in the last fight also. im sure silva and his camp are preparing a gameplan though, should be a good fight. anderson always finds a way to win though
Silva was hurt (proven by the documetary film "Like Water")  I think he had bad ribs.  Think of how pianful that would be, and how it would effect every aspect of the fight.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 04:59:20 PM »
yeah..I don't underestimate Chaels takedown skills because he's probably the best in the division, but I don't think Silva fought at 100% either

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 08:45:50 AM »
Did you guys not see the Bisbing fight?  Sonnen looked winded and horrible. 

If he brings that conditioning to the Silva II fight, he's getting KO'd. 

Perhaps I should give Bisbing more credit I guess.

Anyway, Silva will have a better answer for Sonnen this time around.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 02:47:07 PM »
Did you guys not see the Bisbing fight?  Sonnen looked winded and horrible.  

If he brings that conditioning to the Silva II fight, he's getting KO'd.  

Perhaps I should give Bisbing more credit I guess.

Anyway, Silva will have a better answer for Sonnen this time around.
Agreed.  Sonnen fought his best possible fight already.  Do you think he will really quit the UFC forever if he loses? (Sonnen)  He would be an idiot to pass up on some good money being a top contender.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 06:09:50 AM »
Agreed.  Sonnen fought his best possible fight already.  Do you think he will really quit the UFC forever if he loses? (Sonnen)  He would be an idiot to pass up on some good money being a top contender.

Pretty bold words in that he'll quit.  I'm sure he's training his ass off for this one though.  Should be a great fight for sure..