Author Topic: The Expendables 3 in works......  (Read 5662 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
The Expendables 3 in works......
« on: June 06, 2012, 01:42:43 PM »
Wonder is Steven Skipped Expendables 2 because JCVD was on set and wanted to avoid him again  ??? ???

http://arnoldnation.com/steven-seagal-joins-the-expendables/

Steven Seagal joins ‘The Expendables’ ?!

Well, maybe it shouldn’t really come as much of a surprise. After already having added tons of classic actions stars to The Expendables 2, Seagal has now confirmed that he was in talks for the third installment of the series. Can you picture him next to Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Read the full story after the break!

Our friends at JoBlo picked up on a French magazine interview with none other than ‘modern renaissance man’ Steven Seagal, in which the subject of Stallone’s Expendable movies was raised. Said Seagal:

“He [Sylvester Stallone] plans to do another one and I have already been made an offer. We’ll see …”

The star sounds rather nonchalant in that response, but we can’t imagine why – it’s not as if he has been burning up the silver screen lately. Seagal is best known (and often mocked) these days for the TV series True Justice, and his real-life pursuits; other than that, his only (semi-)memorable movie role of recent memory was his part in Robert Rodriguez’ Machete spin-off.

What are your thoughts guys?

Do you even wanna see Seagal in this movies, or not? Let us know what you think in the comment section down below!

Nails

• Getbig V
Re: The Expendables 3 in works......
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 01:45:20 PM »
http://strikingthoughts.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/jean-claude-van-damme-vs-steven-seagal/

Man oh man but how much would you pay to have been at that party! Here’s the story:

“At a party in my home in Miami in 1997, Van Damme was tired of Seagal claiming he could kick his ass so he offered Seagal outside into my back yard,” Contactmusic quoted him [Stallone] as saying.

“Van Damme was too strong. Seagal wanted none of it,” Stallone said. (ANI)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 01:45:31 PM »
Of course we do !!!

He still looks like a super hero...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 02:06:55 PM »
Of course we do !!!

He still looks like a super hero...

fat elvis lives
F

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 02:12:47 PM »
loved some of seagals early films but the guy has nothing to offer the big screen today looking like a baby hippo

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »
Blood Pressure is Higher then Giraffe Pussy on Steven the Rockstar

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 02:14:49 PM »
  :D

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 02:19:50 PM »
I heard Siegal didn't make the cut....cause he was too fat   ;D
all drugs - TPPIIP

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »
It's ashame to see these dudes still trying to hang on. But, being a child of the 80's, I will see it. I hope though, that Steven gets in shape. Durin his heyday of Out for Justice, and Marked for Death, that dude ruled.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 03:18:39 PM »
3 is pushing it, how expendable can they be?

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 05:10:57 AM »
They need to get Jackie Chan in one of these Expendable films. Besides him, I can't think of any other action heroes that they've not already included.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 05:17:35 AM »
3 is pushing it, how expendable can they be?

x2, it's getting ridiculous.

the first was great, second maybe also ok, but come on, by the time they do 3 they will be over 70, Chuck Norris 80 years old.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 05:36:38 AM »
The first was great?

I gave up after 45 minutes. It was pure crap.

Stallone's other comeback movies were watchable, but The Expendables was one of the worst movies I've seen.
G

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 05:47:41 AM »
I found it enjoyable, it wasn't great. The scene with the big 3 was overhyped and only 2 mins but got a good reaction.
 rambo was awesome and brutal, rocky 6 gets better everytime i see it. expendables 2 looks better by far but then they have an experienced director on board this time.
The first was great?

Stallone's other comeback movies were watchable, but The Expendables was one of the worst movies I've seen.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 05:51:57 AM »
The first was great?

ok with "great" I meant more the idea of getting all the action stars toegether, not so much the execution of the idea.

The movie was enjoyable, lots of funny one-liners and action, it's like a modern "Commando", and that is what it was supposed to be, a hommage to 80's action flicks. Stupid story, shallow clichee characters, ultra-violent villains that act out of sheer madness without a reason and so on.

If you did expect "the piano player meets schindler's list meets rambo" then I can see why you were disappointed.
Stallone surely did not expect an academy award for the flick, it is just 90 minutes of explosions and stupid dialogues, like so many 80s movies.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 06:28:23 AM »
yeah man, i liked his old movies from the 80,s. out for justice was good as well as marked for death, above the law was cool also. id like to see him drop afew lbs if hes gonna keep doing action movies,  other action movie stars like stallone and arnie are still staying fairly lean
R

the trainer

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 06:39:47 AM »
I would love to see a comedy with all the great comedy stars in one movie that would be cool.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 07:17:48 AM »
Seagal was awesome back in the day. Out for Justice, Marked for Death and Under Siege. Anything around the early to mid 90's was excellent. He went downhill when he got fat and went straight-to-video.

I rarely admit this because most people think he sucks nowadays but I was a HUGE, HUGE Seagal fan when I was a young teenager and had all of his movies and watched them all the time with friends from school. He was bad ass at choreographing his fight scenes too...okay he was the same character in every movie but who gives a shit, entertaining movies for sure.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 07:21:41 AM »
Who will be the first to die in the expendables cast? Any takers?
The answer is "yes".

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 07:22:50 AM »
I rarely admit this because most people think he sucks nowadays but I was a HUGE, HUGE Seagal fan when I was a young teenager and had all of his movies and watched them all the time with friends from school. He was bad ass at choreographing his fight scenes too...okay he was the same character in every movie but who gives a shit, entertaining movies for sure.

That's awesome.

"1"

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 07:28:51 AM »
That's awesome.

"1"

I haven't bothered to watch any of his straight-to-dvd's in recent years because they were so bad. I think the last bad one I saw him in was Ticker with Dennis Hopper. But his old stuff was gold. He needs to lose weight for this role and get a bit fit.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 08:12:16 AM »
The first was great?

::) ::)

I hardly doubt Stallone made Expendables thinking he and his crew were going to win a bunch of awards. That was not the point of the movie.
X

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 09:02:16 AM »
Seagal was awesome back in the day. Out for Justice, Marked for Death and Under Siege. Anything around the early to mid 90's was excellent. He went downhill when he got fat and went straight-to-video.

Not quite the same character, he was a different nationality each time.  ;D Gino , Nico, then I think he was an Indian too. But yeah, Out for Justice was his masterpiece.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 09:03:47 AM »
we know someone dies, I reckon it will be the new guy, hemsworth maybe jet li
Who will be the first to die in the expendables cast? Any takers?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 09:57:46 AM »
Long time ago he was cool, but he looks so annoying and self-indulgent now.