Author Topic: Religion of peace again!  (Read 1918 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Religion of peace again!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 11:41:34 AM »
Fuck every religion.

It's 2012, people. Time to move on.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:43:40 AM »
Agreed

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:47:55 AM »
Well, organized religion will always be around because you can manipulate and agitate/sooth the masses with it.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 12:18:33 PM »
Well, organized religion will always be around because you can manipulate and agitate/sooth the masses with it.

Sad but true.

A great many of us simply cannot accept that there is no "god" to save our asses.

Now, perhaps one day an alien race will give us a helping hand, as a collective, but nothing can save us from death.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 10:31:43 AM »
Wow.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 05:46:04 PM »
Why could Jesus walk on water?

Shit floats.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 05:55:41 PM »
Watching this right now. Anyone seen it?

G

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 06:49:12 PM »
Watching this right now. Anyone seen it?

Watched it on Netflix. The old lady's choice.

Disturbing, to say the least.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 02:15:52 AM »
Fuck every religion.

It's 2012, people. Time to move on.

This ^^

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 03:12:52 PM »
Sorry to say but this has more to do with the tribal nature of pakistan and their tribal customs rather than religion.

They are very confused people and have more pride in their tribe and customs than religion. If you were to actually talk to them about Islam and if it didn't quite fulfill their desire of upholding tribal customs they would kill you too and tell you they don't care.

It is more a lack of religion rather religion itself in Pakistan.

There is no law that premits you to just kill left and right for 'honor' that's non-sense that spews from pre-islamic cultures.

If anything there is punishment equally for men AND women for adultery and fornication. However clearly this is not the case. And lol... just because they may have swords as opposed to guns, it makes better headlines that they used a sword to execute someone rather than a gun suddenly it all links to the grand scheme of 'them evil mozzlems'.

It's funny, media is the greatest weapon as it can distort or paint a brush of a people or group with little factual backing.

For instance the mainstream media in the US is all day long 24/7 spreading hog wash stories about will this guy be vp or not vp what about romney's choice omg omg. While there is also talks about how to extradite and trial julian assange in the states and that is not getting as much headlines. Amongst so many other stories that as usual do not get the coverage because they don't either A. serve political motives or B. undermine political motives.

In fact lets look at the facts. India has far more 'honor killings', is it a muslim nation? Yes there is a large muslim population in India, but it is a hindu nation and most of these honor killings are a by hindus. Pakistan was born out of India. So their customs and traditions however backwards to most are their own and have little to do with religion.

How about african nations that are today 'christian', they comit honor killings too. Does that make it a christian thing too?

I remember in high school this honor killing bs being on tv all the time and it used to upset me because 1, some girl got killed for stupid reasons, non-reasons, and 2, the media used it as a priming tool to indoctrinate people to think about some nations as savages and of course to paint a brush on 'mozzlemz'. I was not muslim at the time.

Everytime I hear of some idiot throwing acid on a woman's face, i wana personally beat the shit out of him. It has nothing to do with religion but only represents the lack of it.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 05:33:02 PM »
Sorry to say but this has more to do with the tribal nature of pakistan and their tribal customs rather than religion.

They are very confused people and have more pride in their tribe and customs than religion. If you were to actually talk to them about Islam and if it didn't quite fulfill their desire of upholding tribal customs they would kill you too and tell you they don't care.

It is more a lack of religion rather religion itself in Pakistan.

There is no law that premits you to just kill left and right for 'honor' that's non-sense that spews from pre-islamic cultures.

If anything there is punishment equally for men AND women for adultery and fornication. However clearly this is not the case. And lol... just because they may have swords as opposed to guns, it makes better headlines that they used a sword to execute someone rather than a gun suddenly it all links to the grand scheme of 'them evil mozzlems'.

It's funny, media is the greatest weapon as it can distort or paint a brush of a people or group with little factual backing.

For instance the mainstream media in the US is all day long 24/7 spreading hog wash stories about will this guy be vp or not vp what about romney's choice omg omg. While there is also talks about how to extradite and trial julian assange in the states and that is not getting as much headlines. Amongst so many other stories that as usual do not get the coverage because they don't either A. serve political motives or B. undermine political motives.

In fact lets look at the facts. India has far more 'honor killings', is it a muslim nation? Yes there is a large muslim population in India, but it is a hindu nation and most of these honor killings are a by hindus. Pakistan was born out of India. So their customs and traditions however backwards to most are their own and have little to do with religion.

How about african nations that are today 'christian', they comit honor killings too. Does that make it a christian thing too?

I remember in high school this honor killing bs being on tv all the time and it used to upset me because 1, some girl got killed for stupid reasons, non-reasons, and 2, the media used it as a priming tool to indoctrinate people to think about some nations as savages and of course to paint a brush on 'mozzlemz'. I was not muslim at the time.

Everytime I hear of some idiot throwing acid on a woman's face, i wana personally beat the shit out of him. It has nothing to do with religion but only represents the lack of it.
What about women being stoned to death? Is that tribal or does it happen in other Muslim areas? Thanks.

G

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 07:26:06 AM »
What about women being stoned to death? Is that tribal or does it happen in other Muslim areas? Thanks.

Are you seriously asking this question? I thought you were so knowledgeable on foreign cultures and had a wealth of experience in understanding and interacting with Muslims in the middle east.

I guess they didn't cover this topic at length during your hug therapy/ cultural sensitivity training classes.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 10:09:33 AM »

The stoning to death is not in the qur'an but in hadith and it is still valid. But the funny thing is it is always emphasized as 'women', it is for men and women. For what? Fornicating in marriage, cheating, etc... You may disagree with it, but alot of these laws are deterrant laws. On the other hand a person that is not married and fornicates would get lashes. The same rules apply whether male or female.

And for that matter, this practice of stoning adulterers stems from judaism and christianity. Islam upholds the original prophetic laws. Moses' laws for instance for jews is 'shariah' in their own timeframe. The qur'an and hadith derive laws from thereon reaffirming past things.

Christianity went sideways when the likes of Constantine abolishing the 'jewish law' and basically as we have come to know in modern christianity anything goes just "accept Jesus" and you're good to go. Things like adultery are conisdered 'bad', but otherwise if you accept jesus live your life whichever way you want you're still good to go.

These laws are deterant laws, just as the chopping of the thieves' hands. You may disagree with it, but it works.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 06:17:56 PM »
The stoning to death is not in the qur'an but in hadith and it is still valid. But the funny thing is it is always emphasized as 'women', it is for men and women. For what? Fornicating in marriage, cheating, etc... You may disagree with it, but alot of these laws are deterrant laws. On the other hand a person that is not married and fornicates would get lashes. The same rules apply whether male or female.

And for that matter, this practice of stoning adulterers stems from judaism and christianity. Islam upholds the original prophetic laws. Moses' laws for instance for jews is 'shariah' in their own timeframe. The qur'an and hadith derive laws from thereon reaffirming past things.

Christianity went sideways when the likes of Constantine abolishing the 'jewish law' and basically as we have come to know in modern christianity anything goes just "accept Jesus" and you're good to go. Things like adultery are conisdered 'bad', but otherwise if you accept jesus live your life whichever way you want you're still good to go.

These laws are deterant laws, just as the chopping of the thieves' hands. You may disagree with it, but it works.
Muslims are evil and wrong.
HTH

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »