Author Topic: BJ vs Rory - why???  (Read 2497 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
BJ vs Rory - why???
« on: June 08, 2012, 12:45:14 PM »
BJ has agreed to come out of retirement to fight Rory MacDonald, but to me this fight just doesnt make any sense. BJ's title aspirations are finished (i see him doing a "Koscheck" and fighting for the big pay days only) but Rory is right there waiting for the title fight (which, aside from GSP, he WILL win). This is potentially damaging to his career should he lose, and on the flip side a win really wouldnt benefit BJ in any way.

Should be one hell of a fight and i actually think Rory could take him out with strikes, but i just find it odd that these two would be matched up at this stage of their respective careers.

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: BJ vs Rory - why???
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:04:44 PM »
I see what you're saying,it's risky for Rory but it's definetly a fight I wanna see...

a win over penn even if he's faded will just set the table for Dana as far a being the next monster in the division..

he's going no where title-wise as long as GSP's @170 anyways

the kids probably on the top of my list as far as prospects go !

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 01:36:18 PM »
Im a huge fan of Rory and think he'll go all the way to the top, and anyone with BJ Penn on their record is a world class fighter. By the time he's 25 - 26 he could be the Bones of 170.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 06:36:36 PM »
I'd hate to see the guy wait and or waste years before he gets a shot....

would kind of suck to see him HAVE to go up to 185 just to challenge for a title !

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 09:53:51 AM »
I dont think GSP will have the belt infinitely ala anderson, not that he'll go up to 185 (bad idea) but his injuries are keeping him out of the octagon and he may just coast the rest of his career. Rory will be champion, i am absolutely certain of that and i honestly believe he'd lay waste to Condit in a rematch.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 04:28:21 PM »
BJ has agreed to come out of retirement to fight Rory MacDonald, but to me this fight just doesnt make any sense. BJ's title aspirations are finished (i see him doing a "Koscheck" and fighting for the big pay days only) but Rory is right there waiting for the title fight (which, aside from GSP, he WILL win). This is potentially damaging to his career should he lose, and on the flip side a win really wouldnt benefit BJ in any way.

Should be one hell of a fight and i actually think Rory could take him out with strikes, but i just find it odd that these two would be matched up at this stage of their respective careers.
I think the opposite.  BJ has not fought in a while.  To come back against a guy like Rory takes some balls.  Whoever wins gets next in line I bet.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 05:03:53 PM »
they're not gonna put B.J in there with GSP again

Rory and GSP will never happen either

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 09:25:49 AM »
im suprised bj turned down the ufc,s offer to fight josh koscheck last month, but accepts to fight rory ???
R