Author Topic: Randy Orton - Keep or Fire  (Read 7716 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Randy Orton - Keep or Fire
« on: June 09, 2012, 12:29:11 PM »
Lots of boards lighting up about Randy Orton and his recent suspension.....

Personally I would let him go. He could go to TNA but he won't be enough for them. Only problem is WWE roster is soooo shallow.

Aside from Ryback there is no one getting a push or being groomed to be the next break out star.....

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: Randy Orton - Keep or Fire
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 12:53:09 PM »
why was he suspended? I don't follow it now that I can't record it...
?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 02:36:08 PM »
Orton was suspended for another Wellness Policy violation.

I don't know if releasing him is a good move.
Lance Storm wrote a terrific commentary a while back regarding how, in the post-kayfabe era, true heat is almost impossible to generate because fans know it’s "just a show." But, he cited how some wrestlers in recent times like Edge, JBL, and even Vince have generated heat from fans who disliked not so much their characters, but the men playing the characters.

Lance went on to say that the time may come when wrestlers start staging incidents outside of wrestling shows for that very reason:
How hard would it be to stage angles in real life, and get them picked up by TMZ and other media outlets? They don’t need to be consistent with current storyline or characters (They’re more believable if they aren’t) they just need to portray the person in a clearly negative light to be effective.

I like most of Lance's commentaries, but this was definitely one of my favorites: http://www.stormwrestling.com/010111.html

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 06:46:45 AM »
Always liked Lance.....

In the efforts of hijacking my own thread..... Do you think Jericho's suspension was an angle to give him the time off for Fozziy tours?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 08:13:36 AM »
To follow the old-school thoughts.....if a suspension is mentioned on-air, it's part of a work.  You never see a guy who was legit released mentioned, unless it is simply in passing....ie: PPV results, etc... how much did they focus on these "suspensions" on air?  I never watch, so have no clue.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 10:12:09 AM »
Always liked Lance.....

In the efforts of hijacking my own thread..... Do you think Jericho's suspension was an angle to give him the time off for Fozziy tours?

Being that Storm & Y2J are very good & close friends, and Storm mentioned it above, it wouldn't surprise me if the incident was worked.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »
Orton was suspended for another Wellness Policy violation.

I don't know if releasing him is a good move.
Lance Storm wrote a terrific commentary a while back regarding how, in the post-kayfabe era, true heat is almost impossible to generate because fans know it’s "just a show." But, he cited how some wrestlers in recent times like Edge, JBL, and even Vince have generated heat from fans who disliked not so much their characters, but the men playing the characters.

Lance went on to say that the time may come when wrestlers start staging incidents outside of wrestling shows for that very reason:
I like most of Lance's commentaries, but this was definitely one of my favorites: http://www.stormwrestling.com/010111.html

Weed, X, or anabolics?

I'd say keep him. They suspended Jeff Hardy so many times I've lost count. Yet, he ended up WWE and World Champion.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 08:24:01 PM »
I'd keep him on, but that's purely because they need him on the roster.  As much as I dislike the guy personally, he's one of the best workers in the business, and if he went to TNA, he'd be a massive draw for them.  Although if he did jump ship, Mr Anderson's days might be numbered... ;) ;D

There's an interesting article on one of the news sites, which links Cena as maybe being one of Orton's detractors.  Cena's comments on steroids and users are pretty funny though, people in glass houses and all that...

Former WWE Star Believes Cena Wants Orton Fired
Date Added: June 10, 2012

Fueling rumors that WWE may part ways with Randy Orton as a result of his second violation of the Talent Wellness Program, former WWE talent Kenn Doane (a/k/a Kenny Dykstra) said on Twitter that he believes John Cena is among those within the sports entertainment organization lobbying for the SmackDown wrestler's termination. Doane's belief is based on Cena admitting to him in 2006 that he wanted Orton fired for his first Wellness Program infraction.

"When I was there and Orton got suspended for the first time, Cena told me he wanted Orton fired. So now I'm sure it's probably him trying for RKO's release," Doane wrote Friday. "Regardless, hopefully he don't get fired since he has a young child and is the best story teller in WWE. They do still tell stories in the ring right?"

Cena admitted in WWE's 2011 Randy Orton video release, The Evolution of a Predator, that he was not fond of the "old Randy."

"I always joke around there's old Randy and then there’s new Randy," Cena stated. "Old Randy was an asshole."

Orton was quietly suspended for thirty days without pay in August 2006, before WWE publicly announced suspensions for Talent Wellness Program violations. He tested positive for an anabolic steroid that he did not have a valid prescription for. Orton missed live events but continued to appear at televised events—including SummerSlam for a match against Hulk Hogan—for the duration of the suspension. He privately claimed he was taking time off from live events to remodel his home, but it was later confirmed that he was, in fact, suspended.

Cena has expressed strong support for the criminalization of the non-medical use of anabolic steroids by athletes. He has advocated the incarceration of athletes found to be using anabolic steroids or other performance enhancing drugs. "They should send the guys to jail," said Cena during a February 2009 interview with the Seattle Post-Intelligencer in response to a question about New York Yankees player Alex Rodriguez admitting to using steroids and Major League Baseball's anti-doping efforts. Cena elaborated on this belief in an interview with the New York Daily News.

"(Steroids) are the personal choice of the athlete," said Cena while promoting 12 Rounds. "And Rodriguez got defensive, saying he used because he felt he needed to. If there was a set of (legal) stipulations set in place, he may never have even considered it.

"The government should take the initiative, and if you get caught using drugs, then you should go to jail. A criminal record will hurt your endorsements and long-term contracts."

According to SuperLuchas.net, the nine-time world champion's suspension reportedly stems from a positive drug test for the anabolic steroid Dianabol, which is banned by the United States Congress under its Controlled Substances Act. However, that is not confirmed. The only person in WWE who commented on the matter to Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer believes Orton actually tested positive for a tainted supplement.

:-\

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 03:47:32 PM »

Cena has expressed strong support for the criminalization of the non-medical use of anabolic steroids by athletes. He has advocated the incarceration of athletes found to be using anabolic steroids or other performance enhancing drugs. "They should send the guys to jail," said Cena during a February 2009 interview with the Seattle Post-Intelligencer in response to a question about New York Yankees player Alex Rodriguez admitting to using steroids and Major League Baseball's anti-doping efforts. Cena elaborated on this belief in an interview with the New York Daily News.

.[/i]

:-\

This coming from guy that does Growth and who knows what else

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 04:39:34 PM »
This coming from guy that does Growth and who knows what else

What do you mean?
There's no gear in his body. That's all barefoot squats & deads!!

;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 10:05:04 AM »
I personally don't think Cena juices. If he does...then he never cycles off and gets smaller.

Cena has freaky genetics and his body is hyper responsive to weight lifting and excercise. He wrestles year-round is on every pay-per-view. Never misses a show due to injuries. Wrestlers on steriods are much more vulnerable to injury than one's who don't use. Cena doesn't miss time.

And no Growth Hormone is not a steroid. And i'm sure he takes a shit load of that. Probably 6-7 iu's a day, minimum.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 10:21:04 AM »
To follow the old-school thoughts.....if a suspension is mentioned on-air, it's part of a work.  You never see a guy who was legit released mentioned, unless it is simply in passing....ie: PPV results, etc... how much did they focus on these "suspensions" on air?  I never watch, so have no clue.
[/quote
Didn't they mention Ultimate Warriors suspension on air when he missed a few events because of his fathers death?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »
I personally don't think Cena juices. If he does...then he never cycles off and gets smaller.

Cena has freaky genetics and his body is hyper responsive to weight lifting and excercise. He wrestles year-round is on every pay-per-view. Never misses a show due to injuries. Wrestlers on steriods are much more vulnerable to injury than one's who don't use. Cena doesn't miss time.

And no Growth Hormone is not a steroid. And i'm sure he takes a shit load of that. Probably 6-7 iu's a day, minimum.

He tore a pec if I am not mistaken...and there was one other legit injury he had.  You can't be serious that you dont think he juices....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 07:29:02 PM »

Didn't they mention Ultimate Warriors suspension on air when he missed a few events because of his fathers death?

YEP!!

This is the same episode where Shawn Michaels and Ahmed Johnson announce Warrior's replacement for the six-man tag match at In Your House: International Incident.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 12:36:26 PM »
Cena is on something, alright.  He isn't clean.  Hell of an athlete, yes.  It is obvious that certain guys get a free pass on the wellness program whereas others don't.

As for Orton....Fire.  His shoulder is about fucked....he can barely perform a clothesline and is difficult to work with.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 02:38:52 PM »
He tore a pec if I am not mistaken...and there was one other legit injury he had.  You can't be serious that you dont think he juices....

That would be a broken neck, after Batista powerbombed him, as he was flying off the top rope, at SummerSlam 2008.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 09:32:02 AM »
He tore a pec if I am not mistaken...and there was one other legit injury he had.  You can't be serious that you dont think he juices....

I am serious. What do you think he's taking besides GH?

Again...he never loses size year-round. When you come of any cycle, you lose size. Unless you're implying that he never comes off? He would end up shitting out his liver at some point because that's a serious russian roulette with his health. There is no offseason in wrestling.

Again...I just think he just has crazy hyper responsive genetics. He used to bodybuild and I'm sure he juiced back then. But his skin was a lot thinner with more vascularity than it is now.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 06:44:31 PM »
He'd never be able to maintain that level of muscle without juice.  Constantly being on the road, wear and tear from being in the ring every night, only getting in workouts and food when schedules allow, it's not the most ideal situation for maintaining muscle mass.  The GH use is blatant, his jaw screams it, so maybe he's able to reduce his 'maintenance' juice to a level which isn't killing his internals.

???

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 10:47:54 AM »
he's smart if and when he uses,,,and yes when he first came out as the prototype on special when he got discovred he was dry and lean as hell,,really impressive,he has thick ass skin now but thick stocky build actually cool build with huge arm/forearms,weak chest in terms of thickness but athletic strong look for his character.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 08:57:57 AM »
I am serious. What do you think he's taking besides GH?

Again...he never loses size year-round. When you come of any cycle, you lose size. Unless you're implying that he never comes off? He would end up shitting out his liver at some point because that's a serious russian roulette with his health. There is no offseason in wrestling.

Again...I just think he just has crazy hyper responsive genetics. He used to bodybuild and I'm sure he juiced back then. But his skin was a lot thinner with more vascularity than it is now.

Are you serious? Pro Bodybuilders juice year round for alot longer than Cena probably has, and theyre not all 'shittin out their liver'  ::)! Theres many people who juice for years on end without coming off, its not as much a big deal as you think. Id never do it, but im not a professional athlete, so of course Cena probably does it

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 02:03:11 PM »
Are you serious? Pro Bodybuilders juice year round for alot longer than Cena probably has, and theyre not all 'shittin out their liver'  ::)! Theres many people who juice for years on end without coming off, its not as much a big deal as you think. Id never do it, but im not a professional athlete, so of course Cena probably does it

Truth! Great response.
?