Author Topic: Well after 3 years offstage...  (Read 8072 times)

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
Well after 3 years offstage...
« on: June 11, 2012, 05:46:04 PM »
competed sat at a Nat Qualifier....long stressful weekend.   My last show was in 2008 and I won the overall that year as a 170lb middleweight.  This show ended up being the biggest in TN ever with 173 competitors.  I felt good monday as weighed around 184 and and figured I would be a small Light Heavyweight.  Well fast forward to weigh ins, I arrived fri at 5:30 to weigh in and stepped on the scale and damn it if i didnt weigh 178... less than 2 lbs from making the middles   ::)  so....i decided to come back at the cutoff time of 8:30 to try and lose the water and come in as a BIG middleweight...well it didnt happen. Weighed 177.  I knew my color was good and i was in shape so just did the best i could.  I will be the first to say I always have the best legs in my class, however my upper body just doesnt have the size to bang with the bigger guys.  My back is my worst bodypart and when i saw my rear lat i was shocked as i destroyed the lineup....still was 4th after all was said and done. Like a true getbigger  last place   ;D  Oh well....have another qualifier Aug 4th and will come in as a middleweight and see what happens...enjoy my awful pics   ;D

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
Re: Well after 3 years offstage...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »
WTF how did you take last in that group?? You murdered everyone in conditioning, and you weren't outmuscled by anyone except the black guy a bit.

Do you have any more comparison pics??

btw, you looked great

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 06:05:16 PM »
dude thanks..... i have no damn idea...these are the only pics my fiance got it was her first show. They will have some up on the contest website i hope by the end of the week. I am still confused I thought for sure as lean as i was i would make top 2 after i saw the lineup backstage and they way they moved us  just FYI.... placing order   left to right    1st, 4th, 3rd, 2nd....dont understand it at all

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 06:07:18 PM »
Just found this one.... I HATE this most muscular shot but the head judge called "hand on hips" most muscular, my clavicles are so damn narrow I have to hands together or i look like a tiny tit...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 06:13:30 PM »
You look great man, esp your overall balance & conditioning. :)

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »
You look great man, esp your overall balance & conditioning. :)

thanks...apparently only good enough for last place   ::)  Thats ok Aug 4th at the later Qualifier that will change when i come in as a BIG middleweight   ;D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 06:19:30 PM »
congrats, you re homosexual. Have a nice day.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 06:28:54 PM »
thanks...apparently only good enough for last place   ::)  Thats ok Aug 4th at the later Qualifier that will change when i come in as a BIG middleweight   ;D

Yeah, it must suck to end dead last after a long prep, but this looks like a pretty good line up. The only remarkable differences I see are the backs, only that guy in red has a good v-taper.
Why not take a long off season and switch to the light heavies?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »
  last place 

What did you expect  ???

You look like absolute shit, I hope this helps.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 06:34:45 PM »
What did you expect  ???

;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 06:34:55 PM »
What did you expect  ???

How original ::)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 06:36:31 PM »
;D
I think you got robbed worse than Pacquiao.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »
Yeah, it must suck to end dead last after a long prep, but this looks like a pretty good line up. The only remarkable differences I see are the backs, only that guy in red has a good v-taper.
Why not take a long off season and switch to the light heavies?

These shows are so close together and the nest show i dont have to travel...its about 10 min from my home. It just an EASY qualifier to do since i can go back home and relax after weigh ins, tanning is easier, etc....I will do that next year

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 06:37:28 PM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 06:44:32 PM »
Shut up bitch

Now you hurt my feelings darling

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 06:52:08 PM »
Just found this one.... I HATE this most muscular shot but the head judge called "hand on hips" most muscular, my clavicles are so damn narrow I have to hands together or i look like a tiny tit...

if you want to try something, when you do that hands on hips pose, start exactly like you are posing, but then push your elbows straight forward about 4 inches.

it will feel really strange, but you might look drastically better. also, try to crunch down on the abs abit.

don't mean to offend, you look good, but you may show more than you are if you try this.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »
What did you expect  ???

QFT
P

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 06:56:14 PM »
if you want to try something, when you do that hands on hips pose, start exactly like you are posing, but then push your elbows straight forward about 4 inches.

it will feel really strange, but you might look drastically better. also, try to crunch down on the abs abit.

don't mean to offend, you look good, but you may show more than you are if you try this.

This?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »
Great conditioning,good balanced physique that looks like you should have won your class.

Did you see how the middleweights looked,if so,how do you think you would have placed there?

Sucks about missing the Middles by one lousy pound,but you looked great anyway.

Stay focused and kick ass in August.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 06:57:09 PM »

Thanks dude...i will take all i can at this point, this judge may call this shot again at the Aug show

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 06:58:30 PM »
Great conditioning,good balanced physique that looks like you should have won your class.

Did you see how the middleweights looked,if so,how do you think you would have placed there?

Sucks about missing the Middles by one lousy pound,but you looked great anyway.

Stay focused and kick ass in August.

Yes there were 7 middles and the top 2 guys i was told i would have CRUSHED.....but believe it or not the guy that won my class won the damn overall!   wtf.... ::)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 07:07:12 PM »
up the dosage
all drugs - TPPIIP

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 07:32:23 PM »
I have been judging for a while now and I would have placed u 2nd behind the black guy from those couple of shots.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 07:43:10 PM »
congrats, you re homosexual. Have a nice day.

Congrats....you are still a huge douche...yet are a tiny tit....the ultimate GetBig dichotomy

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 07:50:40 PM »
I have been judging for a while now and I would have placed u 2nd behind the black guy from those couple of shots.

jude thats what about 15 other longtime competitors in attendance in the audience told me as well after i sat down and watched the last few classes...i had over a dozen people walk up and shake my hand and say things like "i dont know what in the F they were looking at"  etc....still doesnt help but its nice to have some positive feedback. Just keep going through the motions...i am gonna change my cutting protein source from Talapia to Orange Roughy, thats about it...same macros, etc....