Author Topic: Weight loss/appetite supressents  (Read 2395 times)

stillpimpin2

Weight loss/appetite supressents
« on: November 04, 2005, 04:59:06 AM »
Need a little help.

I'm 5'10" 210lbs. 18% BF. Want to do a show in the spring but I'm stuck on weight loss. I lost 30 lbs to get to this weight but I'm stuck. Cardio is in my workout but my appetite has gone through the roof for some reason. Only eat clean and use pure whey but are you guys partial to any fat burners or appetite suppresents that might give a little edge and actually work.

Thanks,
SP2

stillpimpin2

Re: Weight loss/appetite supressents
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 05:58:03 AM »
Can I get a little help?

loler

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 06:04:04 AM »
Have a few complete cheat days to revv your metabolism.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 09:22:47 AM »
Ephedrine/caffiene is a great appetite suppresant.  I think the thermogenic claim of this combo is greatly exaggerated.  I do not get warm when I take it... I get cold.  I believe the main reason you lose weight on E/C is because of the appetite suppresant effect.  Take 1/2 the recommended dosage in the morning on an empty stomach, then go do your cardio.  It will give you an edge and it does work very well.

Stillpimpin2

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 10:56:28 AM »
Thanks for the help!

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 01:16:06 PM »

You don't want an appetite suppresent!  Remember you just want to eat purposefully!  Meaning, you still want to get your protein intake but lower your readily available energy i.e. fat and carbs.  The ECA stack is a good place to start...but I'll bet you're NOT EATING ENOUGH!  I've run into this problem with bodybuilders and athletes about 100 times.  Listen, if you eat less, your metabolism slows down!  Which is what you don't want!  If you post a typical day for you diet that would be helpful...

my 1 cent
just not good enough

Stillpimpin2

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 12:52:43 PM »
   You don't want an appetite suppresent!  Remember you just want to eat purposefully!  Meaning, you still want to get your protein intake but lower your readily available energy i.e. fat and carbs.  The ECA stack is a good place to start...but I'll bet you're NOT EATING ENOUGH!  I've run into this problem with bodybuilders and athletes about 100 times.  Listen, if you eat less, your metabolism slows down!  Which is what you don't want!  If you post a typical day for you diet that would be helpful...

my 1 cent

Brutal,
Thanks for the input, here is a typical day

5:30 AM 1 scoop Sans V12 creatine

6AM 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 3 cups black coffee

9AM 2 scoops whey, 1 small bag peanuts

Lunch, 4-6 oz chicken breast, 30 grams carbs (usually brown rice) 1 cup vegetables

3PM Pre-workout 2 scoops whey w/Sans V12 Creatine, 1 small bag peanuts

5PM Post workout, 2 scoops whey, 30 grams carbs, 1 apple for sugar(insulin boost)

6PM Dinner Solid food, protein & vegetables

9PM 2 scoops whey & small bag peanuts

10PM Bed...

Would love to hear your input

SP2

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 09:31:03 PM »
Brutal,
Thanks for the input, here is a typical day

5:30 AM 1 scoop Sans V12 creatine

6AM 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 3 cups black coffee

9AM 2 scoops whey, 1 small bag peanuts

Lunch, 4-6 oz chicken breast, 30 grams carbs (usually brown rice) 1 cup vegetables

3PM Pre-workout 2 scoops whey w/Sans V12 Creatine, 1 small bag peanuts

5PM Post workout, 2 scoops whey, 30 grams carbs, 1 apple for sugar(insulin boost)

6PM Dinner Solid food, protein & vegetables

9PM 2 scoops whey & small bag peanuts

10PM Bed...

Would love to hear your input

SP2

yeah, I was right.  You're just not getting the calories to "convince" your body that it's okay to shed the fat.

Just off the top of my head, I'd increase your egg whites in the morning and add at least one yolk, maybe two.   Your lunch is perfect but I would replace the shakes at 9am and 3pm with the equivalent in protein with whole food (fat free yogurt, cottage cheese, skim milk, chicken breast, lean steak, turkey...)

Overall, most of your meals should look like your lunch...smaller portions of course.  Try introducing more foods one meal at a time, you'll notice that your body will constantly be hot, that's a good thing, oh and if you skip a meal and feel like you're going to die, that's also a good thing.  You've just gotta train your metabolism the way you train your bi's.  ;D  ;D

hope this helps  ;D
just not good enough

stillpimpin2

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 04:06:38 AM »
Brutal,

Your the freakin best man! I'll let you know how I make out...

Thanks,
SP2