Author Topic: how quickly can I drop 20 lb fat?  (Read 6412 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: how quickly can I drop 20 lb fat?
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 04:14:38 PM »
I've lost 20lbs in 4 weeks and got my waist size down 3 inches.  Here's what I did:

- Cut carbs back about 75%.  All carbs from veggies and an occasional apple.
- 60-90 minutes morning cardio on empty stomach (jogging, bike, treadmill or whatever you knees can handle) 4 times a week.
- Ephedrine and caffeine taken 1 hour before morning cardio.
- High protein, high-moderate fat, low carb intake.  No high glycemic carbs at all.  No cheat meals either.
- Cardio and weight training should be done on separate days if possible.
- Weight train 3-4 times a week.  You'll prob be tired from the cardio.  

It's not keto, but it gets the job done for me.  If you're natty you'll probably lose some muscle, but you'll drop a lot of fat.

I am about to implement this regime starting tomorrow.  Going to So Cal 4 weeks from now.

Interesting, thanks

Always wanted to go the bronkaid route, kind of scared my heart with explode.  ;D

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 04:59:03 PM »
crack

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »
No carbs is the fastest way, period, no faster way except maybe total starvation, anyhow, if you do try, your chances of successfully losing fat are extremely low. If 100 people got put on a ketosis diet only 5 would make it past the first week and only 1 would get those 20 lb of fat off, these are the facts, discipline, strong will is the only way to lose weight. Ask Tbombz, lol.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 06:42:43 PM »
G

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 07:20:17 PM »
yep.^-^
make sure you throw in some fat though for a day each week, otherwise those last few weeks will do nothing.

Not true, there is no limit or plateaus to no carbs, the longer you are on them the more fat you will lose, never hitting a plateau no matter what until you have no fat left, however I would add fat like you stated cause it will speed up the process of fat burning but there is no such a thing as "a week that doesn't burn fat on no carbs"

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 07:46:58 PM »
cut off an arm

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »
cut off an arm
Someone beat you to it bro.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 09:35:41 PM »
No carbs is the fastest way, period, no faster way except maybe total starvation, anyhow, if you do try, your chances of successfully losing fat are extremely low. If 100 people got put on a ketosis diet only 5 would make it past the first week and only 1 would get those 20 lb of fat off, these are the facts, discipline, strong will is the only way to lose weight. Ask Tbombz, lol.

I have absolutely no problem going carb free, done it a few times before and it works like a dream.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 10:08:01 PM »
I have absolutely no problem going carb free, done it a few times before and it works like a dream.

Good then you will lose 20lb in 5-6 weeks (average person), but of actual fat 9-10 weeks (average person), to lose 20lb of fat would take a total weight lose deficite of 28 lb, again these figures are for average person,... genetics, daily activities, job, and hormone intake will vary these numbers, good luck.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 11:09:34 PM »
ONETIME,CAn you post a few typical meals as per your discussion above?

I'd like to give it a try.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 11:46:18 PM »
ONETIME,CAn you post a few typical meals as per your discussion above?

I'd like to give it a try.
No problem,
NOTE; No carb diets aren't exactly no carbs, you can have carbs in the form of certain vegetables only, I have ate tons of greens on my no carb diets and still hit full ketosis so carbs from veggies don't count as carbs to us bodybuilders, just keep them moderate. No complex Carb at all on a no carb diet till a cheat day where I would recommend 300 grams of complex carbs once every 7 days.

Meal 1
Romain Lettuce, 3/4 tomatoe, 10-12 oz of chicken breast cut into a slalad with Italian dressing (has to be 5 calorie per serving version only)

Meal 2  
6 egg whites, 2 yokes, 1 protein shake

Meal 3

Talipia fish, asparugus or green beans

Meal 4

Lean beef or steak cut into a kabob with grean peppers, red peppers, mushrooms and onions. Protein shake

Meal 5
Chicken breast with brocoli, celery and blue chees or cottage cheese

Meal 6
Can of tuna, protein shake and some egg whites or a piece of turkey

FATS;.. Nuts, Alvacodos, Olives, Good oils, and dietary supplements (omega 3),...these fats should be added to 4 out of your 6 meals

More foods acceptable to eat include,.. Salmon, trout, lobster,shrimp cod, lean ground beef, lean turkey, veal, ham, lamb and certain pork in moderation.
Also cucmber, parsely, lettuce, spinach, Cauliflower.,..... I know there is more but keep it simple and enjoy

if you are confused about anything, just ask, love to help anyone on getbig, this is how I diet and I have had striated glutes (no homo) before.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 12:21:23 AM »
Well in today moder medicine......you could.got.to.a plastic surgen and get 20lbs. Cut ojt in a few.hrs.
Mr. AZ 2003

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 12:42:18 AM »
I wish I was popular enough to have someone challenge me with like $1000 to lose 20 pounds in 3.5 weeks or something.   :(

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 02:57:38 AM »
lol, dont do that,that cant be any good.

and onetimehard, i sometimes had a week with no progress and thought thats a plateau, but kept going anyway and the week after it was all good again ???
You can't really tell if you've had no progress in a week, the issue is not wether you lost fat that week or not, cause I garuntee you did, the issue is maybe you had more sodium and didn't move in weight or you blurred out and seemed like you hit a plateau but you can not I repeat can not stop losing fat, not even for 1 day when your body is in full Ketosis, it isn't even scientifically possible.  If you buy ketone sticks and check your levels and the ketones sticks read full ketosis there is no possible way for your body to burn carbs when you are in full ketosis, no way so  all the movement from your body is burning fat, this is a proven fact not even up for debate.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 03:12:26 AM »
sounds about right, sometimes there is a water film under the skin for a couple days and when it goes away it suddenly looks much better.

whats your opinion on 50-100gramms carbs from veg a day, does this hold back ketosis overall?

Veggies don't effect your ketones, well maybe if you eat 5 lb of it in a day,.. but seriously no carbs= greens allowed, I don't count them as carbs, never have and they don't effect weight loss whatsoever,

I always used the sticks and I catch people in lies all the time, I get people ready for contest and half way through they are falling behind so I put them on zero carbs for ten days then they swear up and down that they never cheated, then I say piss in this cup and bang, busted, lol....

It takes me less then 5 days to get in full ketosis and I have experimented this with different combos of food, an example is 1 day I ate a whole tomato, bunch of lettuce and half a cucumber and remained in full ketosis, another time I ate 1 apple and it knocked me off of full ketosis, so definitely greens are alowed, 100 grams, no problem

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 03:16:09 AM »
onetimehard, another thing ive wondered about, for ketosis, if you reduce fat intake, that should accelerate fatloss, right?

you know, i prefer mainly protein with some little carbs(between 0-150g) with little fat.

would you say the closer to just protein and nothing else, the faster the results will be?

this is ofc, on gear.
Yes but there is a point that your body will uttilize the fat, for exmple I think you will lose more fat ingesting only 40 grams of fat a day then 200 grams a day but I would say there would be no difference between 40 and zero, so you might as well keep at least 40 grams in.

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 03:16:17 AM »
Some good advice here so it maybe good to move to nutrition board so others can access it later. It'll vanish on g and o

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 03:18:00 AM »
Yes but there is a point that your body will uttilize the fat, for exmple I think you will lose more fat ingesting only 40 grams of fat a day then 200 grams a day but I would say there would be no difference between 40 and zero, so you might as well keep at least 40 grams in.

Btw how does this affect your mental state? Will you be less energetic? Still be able to think clearly during heavy work days?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 03:25:06 AM »
Btw how does this affect your mental state? Will you be less energetic? Still be able to think clearly during heavy work days?
Yes, very sluggish and tired, but there are simple solutions to this, stimulents are needed, over 12 different types you can use., the most common ones being Caffeine and ephedrine, this is why I suggest a diet like this be planned and for at least 30 days prior so you can stop all caffiene intake and stop any type of pre-workout drink, fat burners, or ephdrine so you can down regulate you receptors, the further into the diet and the longer you rely on stimulent the higher you have to rev the dose.

Personally I don't take caffeine or ephedrine for fat-lose, I only take them to pick me up for a workout and the days I don't lift, I don't take anything.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2012, 03:29:50 AM »
Ya the carrots are more dense.,so stick to the less dense viggies, which means almost all greens, and for me I really don't go no carbs until I hit 8%, I am like you 50-100 grams a day and still lose at a good paste

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2012, 03:31:42 AM »
i can only talk for myself, yes, you feel bit weak and all, but as soon im warmed up in the gym, its all good, the pumps are even better than when i have carbs, but that could be the gear, not sure.
still strong and even endurance is fine.
the thinking is no problem whatsoever, only on the first couple days of going low or towards zero carbs i feel bit weird.

This is cause you are mentally strong, mentality plays a big role here

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 03:34:34 AM »
Sorry, yes you can get them at the pharnacy, but I live in Canada so might be different down there, but I don't see why not.

EDIT; let me add that there are a few things you need to know when using the stick, have to have your urine close to clear, dyhydration can throw off the results, 2 keep the sticks sealed always before you use them, they are very sensitive, and dip them in a cup don't pee on them, lol.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 03:53:45 AM »
thanks, this is precisely my experience too.
yeah i swear i could feel the filling effect of the carrots, my uncle is diabetic and he asked me why you eating that,its kinda like sugar :o

thanks, mental strenght is essential, i have ways to motivate myself,f.e. remembering how shit i feel after 40usd spent at mcdonalds folowed by couple icecreams, or walking by starbucks , mcdonalds and watch the fatsos there in disgust etcetc ;D

sems like us two respond best to the very same diet, i dont think thats coincidence, itd be probably best for most people.
but people somehow think they need carbs for energy, my own brother tells me he needs a can of coke in the morning to get wake and energetic, but he aims for the sixpack ::)

btw, we know the crash can happen anytime, when the craving get too much and you just stuff yourself with everything in sight until the point of almost vomiting ;D
i just make sure its only one meal, not a day and then write it off as "carb up" and simply wait with next meal until im realy hungry, no matter if thatll take 12hours.this limits the damage done for me.

bro I was shredded 2 weeks before a show then I said fuckman 1 bowl of cereal, yes, no,yes,no,yes, fuck it's only 1 bowl, then said 1 more fuck it then 3 then 4 then 5, swear to god had 9 bowls of cereal, I was in tears and lived in an apartment at the time so took all the groceries at least 150 dollars worth and shoved them down the garbage shoot, you go crazies sometimes. then went and did 2 hours of cardio, not worth it.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2012, 03:59:54 AM »

Depends how you react to low blood sugar.  I get cranky.  On low carb I was ready to murder someone for looking in my direction.  Or just if he had pasta.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2012, 04:16:25 AM »
The sticks are tricky at first, but experiment with them and pay attention to reaction then you will have it down pat, most people are like, "these stupid sticks don't work" but you'll get the hang of it, hard to explain.