Author Topic: 2012 Olympia - Should i book my olympia/hotel package now or wait?  (Read 826 times)

nycwit

• Getbig II
been looking at expedia for awhile now, should i book it now, or is it still early. will the price go down?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2012 Olympia - Should i book my olympia/hotel package now or wait?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 04:41:36 PM »

It all depends what you are looking for?  For the tickets to the 2012 Olympia contest, I would get these as early as possible, because the best seats and VIP tickets go fast.  Many people pick them up early.

For the flights to Vegas, I also tend to book early, especially if I want the right times and flights (I leave on Sunday afternoon when things are usually full).  The earlier, the better.

For the hotel rooms, that is much easier.  There are a ton of hotel rooms in Vega, and since this is Vegas, you need to decide what you want.  To be close to to competitors and action, you stay at the Orleans. To be close to the Convention Center and Expo, you choose a hotel near there.  If you want fancy, stay on the strip. Lots of awesome hotels there, with great rooms, and more.  And you can take a taxi cab almost anywhere from there.  Cost is about $10-12 each way.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 04:42:34 PM »
been looking at expedia for awhile now, should i book it now, or is it still early. will the price go down?
haha gayer than planning for the olympia months in advance
follow the arrows

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 12:43:53 AM »
"do it now"

Great quote by Arnold.
Mr. AZ 2003

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 02:30:34 AM »
Yeah book it now. Will sell out for sure.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 02:42:56 AM »
package

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 04:29:12 AM »
Don't forget to visit the shrine at the Mirage they've made outside Room 7 by the ice machine.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 07:39:26 AM »
NYC, Book your LV hotel room now. The room-rates always go UP the closer you get to a crowded weekend.

Right today you could book an Orleans  room for $45 mid-week and slightly higher on the weekends, but that same $45 room can triple when conventioneers come to town or events such as the Olympia.

The Orleans has already set the rates for the Olympia weekend and all other hotels are aware and have followed suit, so you won't get any great hotel room deal, but you will get a room in the hotel of your own choosing.

The only possible way that rates could decrease is if  no one came. It's the old Supply and Demand trick you might have learned about in Ecoomics class.

But the local hotels do allow you to cancel reservations within a certain time period if you reserve directly with that hotel, so it's possible to cancel one reservation and then rebook another if you find a cheaper rate.

I suggest The Orleans for the sake of convenience even though they'll charge you a RESORT FEE which is relatively cheap but still a major RIP-OFF.

I suggest you pay it but only after you rant and rave loudly for at least ten minutes or until Security carries you off to the back room and breaks your knuckles or blows up you car in the parking lot.