Author Topic: Guess the Race.... Player Post pictures of plays from PlayBook on twitter  (Read 1343 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
NO, ITS NOT PAYTON MANNING

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19341427/broncos-coach-john-fox-unconcerned-about-dj-williams-tweeting-page-of-playbook

Broncos coach John Fox unconcerned about D.J. Williams tweeting page of playbook

Not news: Last week, Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams was studying his playbook in preparation for the team's upcoming minicamp. News: Williams tweeted out a page from said playbook (the tweet has since been deleted but you can see the photo evidence here).

On Tuesday, Broncos coach John Fox sounded unconcerned about it all, offering up a "not very much" when asked if Williams' tweet amounted to the NFL equivalent of a national security issue.

“We addressed that," Fox said. "You know, I think our players do a great job with social media. You're not going to get through a whole season unscathed. The world has gotten a lot smaller, but overall I think our guys do a great job.”

After what Fox went through last year with Tim Tebow, he's an old hand at diffusing, deflecting or altogether ignoring stories that have the potential to take on a life of their own. Was what Williams did smart? No, of course not. But it in no way compromises what the Broncos will do defensively, either. (Added bonus: Williams wasn't naked.)

It's seldom the case that two teams meet and don't already know what to expect -- schemes, formations, personnel, tendencies -- it's all there on tape. Which helps explain why Williams' teammates aren't holding his misguided tweeting habits against him.

"To be honest with you, everybody in the league runs that same type of defense,'' linebacker Joe Mays said via the Associated Press. "We're not really showing anything that's private or anything like that.''

Cornerback Champ Bailey added: "After you really looked at it, it really wasn't that big of a deal," which seems to be the consensus. "People could look at that a million times and not know what the hell is going on,'' Bailey continued. "... Even people in the NFL don't know what the hell that is. They know what it is, but it doesn't tell me anything. Everybody does that (type of formation).''

To recap: #BigLeague disaster avoided. That said, Williams is still facing a six-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. He's suing the NFL to have the ruling overturned and PFT.com reports that there are no indications that Williams plans to settle his lawsuit.

JasonH

• Getbig V
I don't understand these "plays" in NFL - it's just a way to make hand-egg more complicated than it already is.

epic_alien

its complicated because 300lb players with 4.6 speed can and will decapitate you if you dont have planning in place. unlike whatever the fuck you think is a sport. soccer? 3 hours of no score?

maxer

• Getbig II
  • authentic
right now williams is walking to 7-11 to buy a sprite and some chips

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
"Think before you act (or tweet)" should be a class taught in HS and in college...

Although, if people listened, it would mean less women would take less nude pics of themselves...

Nails

• Getbig V
Freshly Sharpened pencil, an not a note on that card....

Cus pably dunt kow how to right

bradistani

• Getbig V
its complicated because 300lb players with 4.6 speed can and will decapitate you if you dont have planning in place. unlike whatever the fuck you think is a sport. soccer? 3 hours of no score?

still a load of shite though isn't it.

those 300lb roid bags wouldn't last 15 minutes in a rugby game. they don't have dr. pepper and oxygen mask breaks after every 5 minutes of play in rugby or football you know  :P

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
still a load of shite though isn't it.

those 300lb roid bags wouldn't last 15 minutes in a rugby game. they don't have dr. pepper and oxygen mask breaks after every 5 minutes of play in rugby or football you know  :P

No...It isn't. it's a great game. and I'm sure rugby players take gear too

Nails

• Getbig V
Rugby players don't run fast enough to hit hard enough

bradistani

• Getbig V
No...It isn't. it's a great game. and I'm sure rugby players take gear too

the parts where there's actually some play, then yes, it is a great game. well not bad at least anyway.

i mean a quarter is fifteen minutes long. more like 15 fucking hours  ::)

yep, of course there's steroid use in rugby. but players are regularly tested and are fucked if they get caught..

roids in the nfl seem to be as compulsory as those oversized shoulder pads they wear. it defies all fucking believe that people think it's a clean sport.  ::)